Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest Raymond1989

Hi.. wanna ask here, when i try install the ADB for windows 7 64 bit, the 3rd hardware shown on my laptop is S3C6410 Android ADB instead of "Samsung Android Composite ADB Interface or ADB testing interface". I am not be able to install the driver, Anyone can help me? Thanks...

Guest aerovolce

finally got beta2 running on mystorage. have yet to test out battery life.

first thoughts:

it's a bit more laggy. still works fine and speedy except at some points

still some black lines and laggy wake up from sleep, but no big issue

wifi/gprs/call works fine

question:

is there a way to change defautl serach engine to google.com?

As always, thank you devs! keep up the good work

can't wait for camera and 2.2!

Guest Rapid81
Rapid, if I recall Android developer docs correctly, those are merely resource files for application locales - they refer to specific applications, not the entire Android interface layer. I wonder, though, if language resources from Samdroid can be useful.

What did I say? "I found these languages in some apk files"...

G'day fellas

Just installed the latest update... all I can say is it's freaking sweet.... good on ya Devs!!!!!

One suggestion regarding the installation for people running it through my storage... here is what I did

1. Copy the update files to my storage

2. Open ubuntu (I'm using VMware)

3. Open the o2bupdate.tar.gz and just drag and drop the files in their respective locations in the ext partition

(if u get the permission denied error use this command in the terminal :

sudo chown username:username /media/disk

where username is your username in ubuntu and disk is the name of the ext partition)

4. Unplug phone and boot Haret

Cheers :P

i am still get the permission problem on ubuntu

Guys please help me out. Still having sleep of death D: What am i doing wrong? This is what i did :

Installing on my storage :

1. From old beta1024 : o2beta folder, default.txt, haret.exe. Copied to disk0

2. From o2b2filesys.zip : o2b2filesys.tar.gz, zImage. Copied to disk0

3. From o2bupdate.zip (rapidshare) : o2bupdate.tar.gz Copied to disk0

Used ubuntu to extract the files. Everything works except that i'm still having sleep of death. Please help D:

Guest dani_carrabba
Guys please help me out. Still having sleep of death D: What am i doing wrong? This is what i did :

Used ubuntu to extract the files. Everything works except that i'm still having sleep of death. Please help D:

same here sometimes wake sometimes not, from a clean install :P

me too, after the latest update, the phone can't wake up using the lock buttom, need to hold the power buttom (lower right corner) then can wake up, but some time can't wake at all.

In file system inside the new update for beta 1 thereis a file named apk Should we delete the old app file, should we replace itor maybe merge it . Is it maybe a new file and we must add it?

please inlight us

after a clean install, the phone can't pass through the Andriod screen, it keep rebooting back to Winmo. I copied the sys file to my storage and untar in ubuntu . anyone can advise.

Guest voyteckst
after a clean install, the phone can't pass through the Andriod screen, it keep rebooting back to Winmo. I copied the sys file to my storage and untar in ubuntu . anyone can advise.

After initial setting, just click Home button and choose default (not setup).

Guest Frentraken

When I try to run haret for the first time, it will go through a bunch of command line stuff, then end up at can't mount internal flash!!!!, and then reset itself after 30 seconds.

Hi!

I haven't seen it (sorry if it's already posted) but for those wanting to do a fresh install and not wanting to fiddle with ubuntu, kapica has posted an easy way for doing it on the 'other' android thread.

Here is the link to his post: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1596131

Regards.

Windows Cannot identify the ext2 format-ed SD_Card

Guest muchospesos

Can someone make a new working ext2.tar from the latest files? This would help a lot of noobs like me. I can't access the microsd android partition without any cardreader or adapter. Is there anyway to see both partitions in windows using O2 as cardreader? Thanks in advance.

Load the iso on a virtual cd drive and u'll be good to go :P

If you don't have empty CD, just install VM Player and install the ubuntu 10 as virtual machine on your windows.

Edited by traqy