Omnia2 only reads FAT card (?)

is it true that Omnia2 only reads FAT32 format sotrage cards but not NTFS format cards? Is there a way to make it read NTFS cards? I have a >2.0GB movie file that I wish to play with the touch player in Omnia2, but only if the card format is NTFS, because FAT32 cards cannot accept files >2.0 GB. I just fund out that once I format the card to NTFS, Omnia2 doesn't recognize any card. I have to format it back to FAT32, then Omnia2 recognizes it again, but I can't transfer the movie file into the card because of the file size limit. Therefore I am stuck. Any solution? Thanks!!!

Guest CovKid66
is it true that Omnia2 only reads FAT32 format sotrage cards but not NTFS format cards? Is there a way to make it read NTFS cards? I have a >2.0GB movie file that I wish to play with the touch player in Omnia2, but only if the card format is NTFS, because FAT32 cards cannot accept files >2.0 GB. I just fund out that once I format the card to NTFS, Omnia2 doesn't recognize any card. I have to format it back to FAT32, then Omnia2 recognizes it again, but I can't transfer the movie file into the card because of the file size limit. Therefore I am stuck. Any solution? Thanks!!!

Windows Mobile supports FAT16/32 only...not NTFS. You can format with FAT32 though and that has a 4GB file size limit.

Edited by CovKid66

thank you both for the quick responses. I will give it a try.

Update: I formated with exFAT and it is not recognized by Omnia either. :-( How do I format it with FAT32 and have a 4GB file size limit? Thanks!

Edited by x2h

Guest amdzero
thank you both for the quick responses. I will give it a try.

Update: I formated with exFAT and it is not recognized by Omnia either. :-( How do I format it with FAT32 and have a 4GB file size limit? Thanks!

Just format it using a desktop/notebook/netbook PC. FAT32 supports UPTO 4GB so you should be fine. There is nothing special you have to do.