Gmail with ActiveSync

Guest the sandman

Guest the sandman

Hi all, i've been using ActiveSync to recieve my Gmail account emails, contacts, and calander and i just have a couple of questions.

ActiveSync only recieves my Inbox folder, is there a way to have it recieve every folder?

Also, when i delete an email from my phone it still stays in my email account when i log on with my computer, how can i get it to automatically delete the message completly from my Inbox?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

Guest Cherry Limeade Douche
Hi all, i've been using ActiveSync to recieve my Gmail account emails, contacts, and calander and i just have a couple of questions.

ActiveSync only recieves my Inbox folder, is there a way to have it recieve every folder?

Also, when i delete an email from my phone it still stays in my email account when i log on with my computer, how can i get it to automatically delete the message completly from my Inbox?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

May I ask why you are relying on activesync? Are you open to trying out something else?

You honestly are better off setting up your device for "IMAP" settings with Gmail. Basically the service is cross platform which means if you read an e-mail, or delete one, from your device or your computer it translates to additional network devices. In other words- delete it from your computer and it won't show up when you sync your phone or vice versa.

Check out this link for more IMAP info.

If you need help setting it up let me know- you need to change some Gmail account settings and enter phone information to do so.

Guest the sandman

i've done it that way before and it does work. but i like activesync because it syncs my email, contacts, and calander all at once. the biggest reason i like activesync because it syncs my email as soon as the item arrives. i think im willing to stay with activesync just for that reason.

as for my other question about getting all my folders to show up, i figured out how: Menu-Tools-Manage Folders

Guest Cherry Limeade Douche
i've done it that way before and it does work. but i like activesync because it syncs my email, contacts, and calander all at once. the biggest reason i like activesync because it syncs my email as soon as the item arrives. i think im willing to stay with activesync just for that reason.

as for my other question about getting all my folders to show up, i figured out how: Menu-Tools-Manage Folders

Ah, I see. Alright well as far as I know Activesync doesn't support IMAP- which is the format that syncs actions between the email server and individual devices. Therefore, when items are deleted from your device inbox they will still remain in your actual email inbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong folks, I apologize in advance if I am. :rolleyes: