WITH SENSE: 10/Feb r3 - HTC Vision (G2/Z) MoDaCo Custom ROM with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest graffixnyc

Hi, I had an issue last night after I installed your rom. I have a perm rooted G2 with S-off. I installed the rom, then installed an OC kernel on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=847672

Everything loaded fine, When I tried to install setcpu and it prompts you for SU permissions superuser will force close. In term Emulator if you type in SU I get permission denied but there is a superuser icon in my app drawer. So do I have to reroot this after I install the rom? because it doesnt seem like it's rooted since I got the permission denied error in term emulator and superuser crashes every time it requests SU privileges

edit: Nevermind.. I read above.. sorry. I've been reading the forums so much I didnt see the answer right under my nose.. I'm new to Android coming from being a crackberry user for 5 years.. before my G2 got to my doorstep I had read alot about rooting, ocing, custom roms and the first thing I did when I got it out of the box was root it and loaded a custom rom :) Now that I went Android I dont know why I didnt do it sooner :lol: To think I was so afraid to give up my blackberry.. but after I got my G2 it was like "black what?

Edited by graffixnyc

Guest El Nino9
ok i just flashed this r2 rom and i do love it. but it seems that im not rooted it keed sayin that me super user faild and i cant gain root access. i tryed to turn it on by holding the valume down and the power butten to see if it still says s off but it wont do any thing. i hold them down and nothing happens so i let go and it just turns back on. can any one please help me

have you updated the super user app? i ChainsDD has updated it using the market only.

S-OFF has NOTHING TO DO WITH SUPER USER APK :lol:

you can be s-off, have a custom recovery and a rom with no superuser.apk file and SU in the bin or xbin(depending on rom) and you phone will work fine, just not be allowed to use root applications such as titanium back up and root explorer or others.

now a question to paul, downloaded the latest twice and and flashed it about 5 timestwice for the first download and 3 times for the second download. same end product on the US G2.

i am using the latest radio ending 04.02.17 so i would like to know if that is preventing the rom from booting up. i did a full wipe,

in fact did a fastboot erase system -w and fastboot erase boot

then navigated to recovery, did a wipe from there too :) paranoid hahaha and then installed R2. rebooted device and it just stays stuck on the darn white HTC screen. i wait about 15 to 20 mins before i give up and send adb reboot recovery to wipe and re flash. it just doesn't like me ;) lol

the md5sum for the files match :S

any advice :)

Guest sandrome

Some of you may have noticed that some apps are missing from the market with version r2. Those are protected apps. It is because of the build.prop of this rom. The market does not recognize your phone as an official handset and therefore you have no access to protected apps. I have found a solution to this issue. Just flash a different build.prop. I used the one that someone posted in the desire hd rom thread in this forum. It works great but if you look at your system information you will see that it has changed your device to a desire hd. I think that should be no problem as the device specs are similar and it does not influence any behavior of your handset. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/v7Lnu

If someone knows anything about build.prop editing he could post a desire z version. It would be a cleaner solution.

Edited by sandrome

Guest El Nino9
Some of you may have noticed that some apps are missing from the market with version r2. Those are protected apps. It is because of the build.prop of this rom. The market does not recognize your phone as an official handset and therefore you have no access to protected apps. I have found a solution to this issue. Just flash a different build.prop. I used the one that someone posted in the desire hd rom thread in this forum. It works great but if you look at your system information you will see that it has changed your device to a desire hd. I think that should be no problem as the device specs are similar and it does not influence any behavior of your handset. Here is the link: http://goo.gl/v7Lnu

If someone knows anything about build.prop editing he could post a desire z version. It would be a cleaner solution.

err i dont think paul would have changed it much :s but i can just take the desire Zs build prop from the official release? i will upload it soon.

Edit:

i found 1 line paul had added to the build prop. so have added that to the build.prop i have uploaded.

for reference: dalvik.vm.lockprof.threshold=500

so yea as i cant upload "this type of file" so i zipped it

enjoy

buildprop.zip

Edited by El Nino9

Guest sandrome
err i dont think paul would have changed it much :s but i can just take the desire Zs build prop from the official release? i will upload it soon.

I don't know if it is because of the modaco custom rom or because of the relatively new htc release. It has to be accepted by google to access protected apps. I searched online and found that this was a problem for desire users for a pretty long time. So I thought instead of waiting it would be better to change the build.prop and eliminate the problem.

Guest El Nino9
I don't know if it is because of the modaco custom rom or because of the relatively new htc release. It has to be accepted by google to access protected apps. I searched online and found that this was a problem for desire users for a pretty long time. So I thought instead of waiting it would be better to change the build.prop and eliminate the problem.

you could always download market enabler too if problems continue i have uploaded the file in previous post.

Guest sandrome
you could always download market enabler too if problems continue i have uploaded the file in previous post.

Have you tested it? Do you find paypal in the market with it? Thanks for your effort.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the Market not showing protected apps issue,

Use apk to pull the build.prop to your PC (adb -d pull /system/build.prop) and change the line:

ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_vision/vision/vision:2.2.1/FRG83D/296256:userdebug/test-keys
to this:
ro.build.fingerprint=tmobile/htc_vision/vision/vision:2.2/FRF91/277427:user/release-keys

Then push it back (adb -d push build.prop /system/build.prop) , reboot your phone (adb -d reboot) and it should be good.

I did a couple of days after I first posted, and its bee working since (I just forgot to post it here :P )

Guest sandrome

Paul are you sure that the new download link to the r3 version is correct? It always starts to download the r2 version. In the build.prop it is also displayed as r2. Thanks for your efforts.

Edit: Managed to download r3 by replacing the r2 with r3 in the adress.

Edited by sandrome

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

Thanks for your ongoing support everyone!

P

Just a heads up that I am effectively offline for 2 weeks from tomorrow (celebrating 10 years with my good lady then off for daughter's half term!), so updates will following when I return. :P

P

Guest El Nino9

P

have a wonderful time paul :D

P.S. Paul, can you update the link for R3 as it contains R2 link.

In the mean time for anyone interested in the rom, i suggest you follow this link:

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...online-kitchen/

it will take you to the desire z page of the phone but they are identical :S

maybe paul will merge them for ease of him upgrading. but hope other users find this helpful.

Edited by El Nino9

Guest franceschiv

Thi release is great, got an issue, Is anyone else having problems installing the picasa app from htc hub, can't install it neither manually or from hub.

Guest sandrome

I finally found an oc-kernel for this rom. I always had troubles with video playback. With the latest virtuous kernel everything is working fine. I can't say much about battery life yet. If you would like to overclock this allows you to go as far as 1 GHz. This is what the same processor does in the Desire HD so this should not harm your hardware. There is one issue: Wakelock if you set your screen off profile to 245-245. Just set max one step higher and it will disappear. Here is a link (you can choose between standard and advanced kernel, I chose standard because I heard of issues with the other): http://files.virtuousrom.com/vision/kernels/virtuous/

Edited by sandrome

Guest philos64

Is it flashing by Clockworkmod 2.5 or 3 ? the answer is 2.5. Thank's for me :D

Ok, I've tried to flash an baked rom r3, with this directory : system/app/ all applications, and zip, and update for baking.

And after a lot of tries and different baked rom, all the time, all update aborted.

And when I unzipp my baked rom, all my apk was on the good directory, like your rom prebaked.

So I don't understand ...could you explain, please.

Edited by philos64

Hello, i've just rooted, s-off and flashed my DZ with the r3. For the moment it works pretty well, however i face two bugs.

First one: the build.prop, i modified it as previously said and the problems was solved (but the Market looks like a DHD market, texts are smaller).

The second: i just cannot access the personalization menu in the parameters of android. It just quits without warning or information...

Anyway, it's my first flash and i must confess that was a good choice, this rom is very stable =) Thanks to the programmers !

Hi everyone,

Just downloaded r3 from the kitchen, tried to apply the zip with ClockworkMod 3.0, but signature verification fails every single time (I tried with several different bakes, still the same problem).

Anyone has any clue? Thank you!

Edited by apognu

Hi everyone,

Just downloaded r3 from the kitchen, tried to apply the zip with ClockworkMod 3.0, but signature verification fails every single time (I tried with several different bakes, still the same problem).

Anyone has any clue? Thank you!

Nevermind, fixed itself with an update to the recovery.

Guest kneedraggin101

i have a bit of an issue with this... i just did the install and followed the steps exactly, and right now, i have the new loading screen with your logo at the bottom, and it just keeps resetting back to that start up screen over and over and over... and will not load past that.....

any suggestions about whats going on?

Guest karlonicolas

I have tried the modaco custom rom for htc vision r3 and i must say that it looks really good.

there is a force close issue with the locations application though. i tried 1) reinstalling the locations application and 2) rebooting the phone, but the locations application still force closes.

the force close happens when i go to navigation. before modding the phone, i purchased a license key for navigation, and after inquiring with the developer of locations (route66), i was told to use the sync license option. i did that and it worked. the locations application displays a perpetual license for navigation (premium navigation, because google navigation is still not available in my country).

when i press the navigation button, it force closes.

i hope you can solve this. thanks and keep up the good work.

===

i confirmed again that it force closes the moment i hit the "premium navigation" button. it goes back to the car dock after force closing.

Guest karlonicolas

sync, email, gps, sms work.

i came from cm7 (which i really liked) but i could not think of replacing the GUI of Sense. My RAM goes up to 115MB (seen in autokiller) as opposed to the stock Sense rom which brings me down sometimes to 60MB. Let me say that i have more than twice the number of apps installed now as with the stock ram, so the improvement is really big. (though i would love to see RAM up to 195+ as when i had CM7 installed, but in my opinion, sense is still best).

so except for the f/c issue with premium navigation, the r3 release is spot on.