O2 keymap edits?

Guest sh0rtyb

Guest sh0rtyb

I was wondering if there was away to replace these key functions maybe through a reg hack

when i hold the end key: samsung shutdown program < s2sd.

when i hold down lock key: second lock screen!?! < ScreenOff.lnk or vise versa . ( i noticed that the lock key has two functions if i tap it i get s2u but if i hold it it launches both. Could this just be a glitch?)

Also is there away to change the hardware/cpu beep too? the loud "DINK" really gets annoying did on my i910 too

Sorry if you see alot of posts from me here soon noob O2 owner. I have been searching for an answer for a few things but so far nothing, this it seems has been asked a few time but never answered.

Edited by sh0rtyb

Guest amdzero
I was wondering if there was away to replace these key functions maybe through a reg hack

when i hold the end key: samsung shutdown program < s2sd.

when i hold down lock key: second lock screen!?! < ScreenOff.lnk or vise versa . ( i noticed that the lock key has two functions if i tap it i get s2u but if i hold it it launches both. Could this just be a glitch?)

Also is there away to change the hardware/cpu beep too? the loud "DINK" really gets annoying did on my i910 too

Sorry if you see alot of posts from me here soon noob O2 owner. I have been searching for an answer for a few things but so far nothing, this it seems has been asked a few time but never answered.

the slide2shutdown program cannot shut down your device. It will only turn off the screen. So remapping the end key is not advised.

When you hold the lock key, the program "LockScreen.exe" is run. AFAIK there are no reg hacks to remap this button, but you can change an exe to "LockScreen.exe" and have it run when you hold the lock key button.

The DINK I assume you are hearing is a notification for shutdown and uses the "Default.wav" for the sound. This wav file is used in many other places, so you could use a blank wav file in its place, but that would stop many other places from hearing this sound. Usually this sound is associated with things you've done wrong or places you've tapped that are not valid.

Guest sh0rtyb
the slide2shutdown program cannot shut down your device. It will only turn off the screen. So remapping the end key is not advised.

When you hold the lock key, the program "LockScreen.exe" is run. AFAIK there are no reg hacks to remap this button, but you can change an exe to "LockScreen.exe" and have it run when you hold the lock key button.

The DINK I assume you are hearing is a notification for shutdown and uses the "Default.wav" for the sound. This wav file is used in many other places, so you could use a blank wav file in its place, but that would stop many other places from hearing this sound. Usually this sound is associated with things you've done wrong or places you've tapped that are not valid.

s2sd- wow.... I guess I never tried to just use shut down b4 your right it only suspends our device, looks to be the author needs help figuring out why too eh... bummer. I only use it for restarting my device but I could see the down side of having no shut down option ;p

I think I will try using VJBrisk to change my lockscreen.exe good to know thanx!

DINK! I wanna try to use a windows 7 error wav ill update my post after I have tried these edits amd your rock!