2.2 out for US Bets Streaks

Guest lufc

Guest MikeF74
noone else has manged to flash it that i know of either, possibly the pkg file is courrpt

Someone on the XDA forum says that it's encrypted. So either the decryption key is in the old stock builds, or it is passed along in the browser session somehow.

Edited by MikeF74

Guest yosemite-sam

i dont know if this happens to others but my kaspersky doesnt like your 1.2.0 or 1.3.0 steve. i got that update error when i installed those updates. i paused kaspersky downloaded and then copied to sd. only then did it flash without error. weird!

Guest rockymtnbri

I think one thing we may want to do is start "reporting" our basebands, especially our ORIGINAL ones. Mine on AT&T 1.6 was (I did a screengrab for someone before I applied Steve's build) GAUSB1A111231. Since the official OTA releases seem to be tied back to the last two (?) digits, this will tell you immediately if the releases we're seeing will work or not.

Edited by rockymtnbri

Guest vbrisebo

I have the UK unlocked version from Dell, never did anything to it except Root. My baseband is GAUSB1A111100, build 6267.

When I run the upgrade it reboots, then shows an image of a box (cereal box looking) with a phone next to it and a grey progress bar and then I get the "bad file" error. I assume the update is locked to the GAUSB1A110100 baseband... just 1 digit off...

Guest adzman808

Sorry Steve,

One of us needs to look stupid & ask you what that means & it may as well be me

so is that the Dell 2.2 update re-packaged to work with the flashing method that you use for your ROMs or is it the baseband that is needed to be compatible with the new update (so we'd flash this & then run the dell pkg file?)

or neither !!!

Cheers

Guest Stephen Hyde
Sorry Steve,

One of us needs to look stupid & ask you what that means & it may as well be me

so is that the Dell 2.2 update re-packaged to work with the flashing method that you use for your ROMs or is it the baseband that is needed to be compatible with the new update (so we'd flash this & then run the dell pkg file?)

or neither !!!

Cheers

its just the boot.img system.img and amss.mbn from the dell build all of which can be flash via fastboot

Guest adzman808

you've completely underestimated how stupid i am - think plankton & subtract IQ... B)

so what will happen if i flash that?

sorry mate

Edited by adzman808

Guest ber.a808
its just the boot.img system.img and amss.mbn from the dell build all of which can be flash via fastboot

so it doesn't matter what baseband u got and flash it via fastboot? correct?

Guest ali_alex
ok screw dells badword up updates: http://downloads.nitdroid.com/Public%20Upl...system-boot.zip << thats the baseband boot and system images from thi build, flash with fastboot - i dont have the other images yet (anyone fancy sending me the update.dec file if its the same size as the pkg

http://rapidshare.com/files/431863841/Stre...1548_00.pkg.dec

Guest adzman808
shall we just flash the baseband you've just uploaded ?

what about other files ?

if i understand correctly (..............) flashing the zip that Steve has just uploaded will put us on Dell's 2.2, but cut out all the nonsense with PKG files & checking system updates for the update

Steve's zip contains everything - the new 2.2 OS (from dell) & the baseband

but for gods' sake - don't take my word on that, i'm just some noob knob who knows nothing