Battery Recalibration ProTip

Guest AndyHibberd

Interesting peeps.........I've a 2 week old San Fran and needs charged once a day anyway but I am playing with it a lot lol - my new toy....as mines is so new but I have changed the rom.....should I need to do this too???

Guest Tinytuco

Its ok all these users who have implemented this battery fix saying "Oh my battery now lasts 2 days etc etc etc"

But -

how heavy are/where you using the phone?

What apps running?

Play a lot of games?

A lot of 3g?

Always connected wirelessly?

Using stock rom?

Using modified rom?

Etc

Etc..........

Way way to many variables for people to just start pipng up "oh my battery now works wonderfully"

Without specifics comments like that are worthless.

Guest kuna_lesni

it just means better battery performance in general. how you use your phone is up to you. for me the gain is up to 30% up, if not more. thx for this fix. with this battery fix, sebs 2.2 rom and gingerbread theme this phone performs fantastically. way better than 4 month ago with original rom and old kernel

Edited by kuna_lesni

Guest Tinytuco
it just means better battery performance in general. how you use your phone is up to you. for me the gain is up to 30% up, if not more. thx for this fix. with this battery fix, sebs 2.2 rom and gingerbread theme this phone performs fantastically. way better than 4 month ago with original rom and old kernel

But how you use your phone affects battery performance. Obviously.

Guest jaypatel

Hiya, im running Jellyfish RSL6 and the LED indicator remains red, even though phone read fully charged. Ive found this issue with Fibs r7 ROM too, it just wont go green/turn off!!! Should i proceed anyway?

Guest heavyduty00

do u mean you have to wipe your whole data etc when you say to wipe battery stats?

does that mean i would have to reinstall all my apps etc again through titanium backup?? :D

Guest Makinit
do u mean you have to wipe your whole data etc when you say to wipe battery stats?

does that mean i would have to reinstall all my apps etc again through titanium backup?? :D

You can wipe battery stats in clockwork's "advanced" menu. It does not effect your apps or other data.

Edited by Makinit

Guest tmanutdb

@ Tinytuco

We know- how much you use your phone and in what way affects the battery life. What is being said by many is that using their phone in the same way that they were before the recalibration, they are finding a good improvement. Up to 50% in many cases.

Edited by tmanutdb

Guest heavyduty00
You can wipe battery stats in clockwork's "advanced" menu. It does not effect your apps or other data.

sweet thanks, will try this over the next few days since I think I messed up my battery a little bit since I installed froyo roms on my phone at like 30percent battery most of the time lol

Hiya, im running Jellyfish RSL6 and the LED indicator remains red, even though phone read fully charged. Ive found this issue with Fibs r7 ROM too, it just wont go green/turn off!!! Should i proceed anyway?

x2 i'd like the answer for this too, since I am also on the same ROM. I've completed step 1, I am now on step 2 but the LED indicator still is red.

Did this once and battery life seems worse? Can I try again or could i be damaging the battery?

well ive left my phone off and the led is red, when I get up in the morning hopefully it is green, if it is not then i will proceed with the last stage and see how it goes. Also I will install the latest JJ as I am on RSL3b at the moment and my battery doesn't even last a day with no usage.

I followed the instructions and I can confirm that when turned off the LED changes from red to green whilst charging. I guess people have been inpatient and have been skipping this for one reason or another.

My phone has been on standby now for 2 hours and is still at 100% where previously it would have dropped to around 80%.

Time will tell if this works, but I will definitely see what usage I get.

Guest heavyduty00

i think my led light turns white instead of green when its powered off? for some reason :/

do you reboot recovery or reboot system now? i did reboot system now..

Edited by heavyduty00

Guest heavyduty00

hmm..works well but is this supposed to happen?

basicalyl i have the stock battery icon on my jellyfish rom and it is now green with probably at least around 75% + battery left showing

However when i go to my about phone- battery stats- it says battery level is 57%

Ill update more once it goes down more..

hmm..works well but is this supposed to happen?

basicalyl i have the stock battery icon on my jellyfish rom and it is now green with probably at least around 75% + battery left showing

However when i go to my about phone- battery stats- it says battery level is 57%

Ill update more once it goes down more..

That's cos the stock battery indicators only have 7 levels to display 0-100%. It won't change to the next icon until your battery level hits 40%.

edit - actually looking at the XML it might change at 49%

Edited by Mike_P

Guest spinozagr

Well, I did that, but at the step of booting in clockwork recovery mode for the "wipe battery stats", I didn't get any "successfully completed" message or something, when i pressed "Yes" on wipe battery stats. I tried it twice.

I have Clockwork v2.5.1.8 with Jellifish RLS7.

Thank you.

Guest PeterDreher
Well, I did that, but at the step of booting in clockwork recovery mode for the "wipe battery stats", I didn't get any "successfully completed" message or something, when i pressed "Yes" on wipe battery stats. I tried it twice.

I have Clockwork v2.5.1.8 with Jellifish RLS7.

Thank you.

It just works, you won't get any message.

did this over the weekend n it got a lot worse... rite now I m using wifi to browse the internet for abt 10 mins(if not less) but my battery has dropped over 5% now never has this problem before the reset... anyone experiencing the same problem?

did this over the weekend n it got a lot worse... rite now I m using wifi to browse the internet for abt 10 mins(if not less) but my battery has dropped over 5% now never has this problem before the reset... anyone experiencing the same problem?

Maybe it's just more accurate now?