Battery Recalibration ProTip

Guest AndyHibberd

I tried this method today and it seemed to have made my battery worse. Mines a new phone and I was running the stock rom and really exploring the phone using it continually. Charged it overnight, then played with it all day, would need charging about 7 or 8 in the evening. Stuck FLB froyo G2 r8a on and then did the battery charge thing, now it doesn't say 100%, it will only go to 99% and within 10 mins use its down to 95%. It seems to be depleting from 100% down to 50% a lot quicker than it did before. Could it be froyo?

Guest KopCity
Its ok all these users who have implemented this battery fix saying "Oh my battery now lasts 2 days etc etc etc"

But -

how heavy are/where you using the phone?

What apps running?

Play a lot of games?

A lot of 3g?

Always connected wirelessly?

Using stock rom?

Using modified rom?

Etc

Etc..........

Way way to many variables for people to just start pipng up "oh my battery now works wonderfully"

Without specifics comments like that are worthless.

people know their phone and what they are using,n they can tell if their battery life has improved u silly idiot

Guest Jaboloid

Been using SF for a few days now and have installed JJR9. Been having prob with battery life - btty depleted after one day of moderate use (2-3hrs browsing, 1h gaming).

Now trying this procedure but it takes ages for LED to turn green when charging on power-off. 10min and still waiting at step 5 :D

Apart from btty life this phone is real value for money - 1st Smartphone and I'm impressed by what I got for the price! :D

Guest Jaboloid

Have done this trick but i can't notice any difference in battery life :/ Just got a GiffGaff sim with free internet (till 28th feb) :D

But unless u're using the phone heavily, i think u should be able to get through one day...I'm warming up to the idea of walking around with the USB cable so I can charge it anywhere with an active USB port (haven't tried but I guess it would work on the PS3's Usb for e.g.?)

Btw, I thought manufacturers were being 'encouraged' into making phones that could share the same charger?

Guest That-Guy
Btw, I thought manufacturers were being 'encouraged' into making phones that could share the same charger?

Yep a few phone manufactures have agreed to this but will take a few years to happen :D

Guest gshock123
Yes the last two steps are confusing, they should read:

6. Disconnect the phone, power it on holding the volume key button down to boot into Clockwork Recovery.

7. Now the phone has been fully charged, use Clockwork to wipe the battery stats. Then reboot for the final time.

8. Process complete.

thanks a lot . was worried in case i messed up my phone .

Guest kerryokeefe

Newbie help please.Since installing a new ROM on my OSF, everything fine except battery needs serious charging every day. Having searched the MoDaCo forums I found this thread and the method below:

Battery recal for OSF

1.Connect the phone to the charger with the phone powered on, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green, indicating the device is fully charged.

2.Disconnect the phone from the charger, and power it off.

3.Reconnect the phone to the charger with the phone powered off, and allow the phone to charge until the notification LED is green.

4.Disconnect the phone from the charger and power it on.

5.Once the phone is powered completely on, power it off again and reconnect it to the charger until the notification LED is green.

6. Disconnect the phone, power it on holding the volume key button down to boot into Clockwork Recovery.

7. Now the phone has been fully charged, use Clockwork to wipe the battery stats. Then reboot for the final time.

8. Process complete.

Having only been into clockwork once (and that by following some very well written step by step instructions), will it be obvious where 'battery stats' are, how would i wipe them when i found them and finally how do I safely boot out of clockwork. Thanks

I do want to become more confident of going in and out of clockwork but still a bit nervy. I am sure at some time will want to change ROM again (JJR9 at the mo).

I do want to become more confident of going in and out of clockwork but still a bit nervy. I am sure at some time will want to change ROM again (JJR9 at the mo).

yeh , once in clockwork , go to advance and you should see , battery stat reset

Guest tyrol_gangster

Can sb confirm if you get any kind of confirmation message after you reset the batt stats? I tried this procedure today but once I select the stats reset option in ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5, it immediately returns me back to the menu as if nothing happened??? How long does it usually take - any way to confirm the stats have actually been reset???

Can sb confirm if you get any kind of confirmation message after you reset the batt stats? I tried this procedure today but once I select the stats reset option in ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5, it immediately returns me back to the menu as if nothing happened??? How long does it usually take - any way to confirm the stats have actually been reset???

It's only deleting the file, it's near on instantaneous.

Guest tyrol_gangster
It's only deleting the file, it's near on instantaneous.

ok thanks for the confirmation, i was suspicious cos after any other action i have performed so far in CMR there has been a 'task complete' kind of message

Guest tyrol_gangster

just to add a piece of experience, unfortunately this process seems to have had no effect whatsoever on my battery life (still dies after 4-5 hours of extensive use - mainly eBuddy IM on both wi-fi and 3G)

just to add a piece of experience, unfortunately this process seems to have had no effect whatsoever on my battery life (still dies after 4-5 hours of extensive use - mainly eBuddy IM on both wi-fi and 3G)

Sounds about normal really.

Hi,

I read this:

Only calibrated my battery a couple of times. There is no need to calibrate your battery everytime you update the SAME ROM (Ie Flib 8a->9a). As long as you battery is fully charged when you do the upgrade.

Here

Does this mean that to avoid recalibrating, the best is to flash fully charged so the phone memorize the state of the battery as it's new 100% value (even if it's 98% physically)...?

I mean is it proven or frequently observed...?

Thx in advance

Edited by Roo13

Guest wishmaster.dj

Ok guys, this thing WORKED for me!

the fone has been on since 22 hours (not been used at all) and battery has dropped to 97%

so i think with average use, it should easily pull off a day!

Thank you so much!

:(

UPDATE- it lasted for 2 days (minimal use), but after the first full recharge (from 14% to 100%) after the recalibration, battery drain has increased drastically. One hour (no use) and the battery is down to 95%, quite in line with what it was before the calibration. Do i need to recalibrate? is it supposed to require more than one calibration?

Any suggestions? :(

Please advise..

TIA

Edited by wishmaster.dj