Battery Recalibration ProTip

Guest AndyHibberd

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I'm using Swedish Spring RLS4b , Anyone used the calibration tools on that yet? Any good to use on that or is it worse?

Guest enjdusan

I made full charge, reboot to clockwork, wipe battery stats. Boot phone and see 100%. So I used Battery Calibration app on my Blade with Swedish Spring RLS5 and see 85%. So this helped me much.

Thanks

Edited by enjdusan

Guest ShahinTehShiz

When I'm on clockwork and have wiped batt stats, do I press the reboot system now option on clock work or take the battery out?

Thanks

Guest JT_daniel

If the LED Doesn't turn Green, just let it charge and go to sleep. It took nearly 30-35 minutes for me.

I followed these instructions to the dot and I've got 44 hours from my phone and it's still on 27%.

Usage- 10-15 minutes voice calls, 20-22 Sms per day, 10-15 minutes of Gmail, 5 min of twitter/facebook, 5 minutes of browsing, 3G always on. Beautiful Widgets synchronises ever 1 hours, Gmail on IMAP, Seesmic on a 1 hour refresh.

:mellow:

Guest dalecheesy

Just a quick question. Think it was mentioned previously in the thread but when it's turned off and charging does the light just change to white instead of green? Mines been on charge for over an hour and doesn't seem to want to change to green but it is white (at step 3) ?

Edited by dalecheesy

Guest Coxeroni
Just a quick question. Think it was mentioned previously in the thread but when it's turned off and charging does the light just change to white instead of green? Mines been on charge for over an hour and doesn't seem to want to change to green but it is white (at step 3) ?

Is it really white? Interesting, when I try to calibrate lately (after GEN 2 TPT possibly), my LED nearly immediately changes from red to green (I thought it was green :mellow: ) when I charged while shut down. At former tries this took "a while", like 15 min or so. Should I continue charging then?

Guest moka88

42 hours atm with 16% remaining... Made a world of difference for me. (used battery calibration app from market).

Guest dalecheesy
Is it really white? Interesting, when I try to calibrate lately (after GEN 2 TPT possibly), my LED nearly immediately changes from red to green (I thought it was green :o ) when I charged while shut down. At former tries this took "a while", like 15 min or so. Should I continue charging then?

Yeah but only when its on charge when the phone is turned off. With the phone turned on it goes to green. Might have always done it but i've took no notice :mellow: Well phone has been on 2hrs 18 minutes and the only thing ive done is send a couple of pics through bluetooth and its down to 94 percent. Not sure if this is about right but i'll give it some time.

Guest abdn-android
Is it really white? Interesting, when I try to calibrate lately (after GEN 2 TPT possibly), my LED nearly immediately changes from red to green (I thought it was green :unsure: ) when I charged while shut down. At former tries this took "a while", like 15 min or so. Should I continue charging then?

l've noticed this too. Gen1 to Gen2 via TPT (wbaw) OLED SS RLS5. With Gen1, the battery calibration worked as described - specifically when the phone was turned off and plugged in (after charging fully with power on), it would stay red for 20-30 minutes or so and then it would turn green/white. However, after going to Gen2, when phone is turned off and plugged in (after fully charging with power on), it is red for maybe 5-10seconds and then turns to green/white immediately.

I also TPT'd another SanFran (white with TFT screen) for my officemate and his now does the same thing - that is, it doesn't stay red when charging while powered off (after fully charging with power on).

Has anyone else seen this? Does it indicate that we aren't getting full charges on Gen2; Or maybe that this method isn't needed on Gen2 because you already get the max charge with power on? Not sure what to make of this.

Guest supermies123

Does this method affect somehow to the phone or to battery?

I mean, if i do this method for better battery life and change the battery to another phone, will the battery still last longer on the other phone?

Guest deksman2
Does this method affect somehow to the phone or to battery?

I mean, if i do this method for better battery life and change the battery to another phone, will the battery still last longer on the other phone?

Maybe, but probably not.

You have to understand that the battery life among other things depends on battery stats (which are wiped via this method) and that usually holds only on the phone you did the calibration.

It's more along the lines of allowing the OS to learn how to use the battery to the best of it's abilities immediately instead of waiting... however, each ROM is different, and if a particular one has badly coded apps for example or if the ROM itself is poorly coded, then chances are the battery drain will be pretty high.

I experienced this on FLB Froyo r11 Remix rom. The battery barely lasted a day with no use and whatnot (it was horrid).

Guest Yolrik

Swedish Spring RLS5 - flashed with around 55% of battery left, then charged to full (+ some extra hours of charging).

Did hold then for around 18h doing like nothing (only checking battery every hour or so). Repeated three times. Same for Cyanogen 7.03 before...

After this procedure: 75h uptime, including some Market Use, some Browser, some playing around (no games though) - with a running PowerTutor, Weather in the background (totalling 30% of the power usage), 3G enabled and available, Brightness auto - now at 8% battery. I think with PowerTutor off and Weather bg update off it should reach around 100h - thats awesome compared to 18h :-)

So: It definitely helped - I now love the phone :-)

Guest nikkokick

Nice to hear this method has helped all of you, but for me it seems it wont.

I have done all the steps but still the phone is draining my battery like crazy.

When I slept for 7 hours I lost 1%, which is pretty good I assume, but as soon as I started to use the phone, battery was drained fast. Visited the market for 2minutes and 3% battery gone.

I talked on the phone for 20minutes and 10% battery gone. Playing a game for 10minutes will also drain 10-15%.

It shouldnt behave this way, should it?

I only have wifi when I browse, I have no 3G internet connection, and I have the lowest screen brightness, everything to save the battery, still it consumes it like crazy.

Anyone that can tell me what's wrong here?

Thanks

Edited by nikkokick

Guest nikkokick

By the way, when whiping Battery Stats, should you get a message? Like Whipe Succcessfull or something like that? I get no message when I do it. In clockwork that is

Guest Hingy
By the way, when whiping Battery Stats, should you get a message? Like Whipe Succcessfull or something like that? I get no message when I do it. In clockwork that is

There is no message. And it is pretty quick to wipe too.

Guest sumit999

I am using SS RLS5 Remix2- Phat GB for Gen 1. I did recalibration only to find that my battery is draining like anything. No GPS, WI-Fi etc. and within a minute it went to 99%. And even after installing ATK overnight it lost 10% and another 10% just after 5 min on maps. Please help me, I am going crazy. Earlier the battery used to go down by 3-5% overnight with everything remaining the same. Also I noticed that now from 90-100 it charges very quickly than before.

Help Please!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomthered

seen this used it and I've got my phone back. Could not understand why it had started to go bad, then realised that I had put quite a few roms on but never wiped the battery stats. Now only lost 6% all day since 7.30 am, some 12 hours ago. Just noticed the posts on battary going worse, hope that does not happen to me.

Edited by tomthered

Guest Dodge62

My Clockwork Recover (3.0.0.6) doesn't seem to have a "wipe battery stats" option.

It has

- wipe data/factory reset, and

- wipe cache partition

Assume it's neither of these, any hints?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it in Advanced Settings. Sorry!

Edited by Dodge62

Guest TouchyAndalou
l've noticed this too. Gen1 to Gen2 via TPT (wbaw) OLED SS RLS5. With Gen1, the battery calibration worked as described - specifically when the phone was turned off and plugged in (after charging fully with power on), it would stay red for 20-30 minutes or so and then it would turn green/white. However, after going to Gen2, when phone is turned off and plugged in (after fully charging with power on), it is red for maybe 5-10seconds and then turns to green/white immediately.

I also TPT'd another SanFran (white with TFT screen) for my officemate and his now does the same thing - that is, it doesn't stay red when charging while powered off (after fully charging with power on).

Has anyone else seen this? Does it indicate that we aren't getting full charges on Gen2; Or maybe that this method isn't needed on Gen2 because you already get the max charge with power on? Not sure what to make of this.

Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue here. Does anybody have an answer to this?

Yeah, I'm having the exact same issue here. Does anybody have an answer to this?

Yes, it's a bug that ZTE fixed for gen2 blades.

Overcharging is bad for your phone's battery, it shortens the life.

This whole thread is useless. All you're doing is trying to overcharge the battery & then deleting the battery stats which Android builds up over time to give you a more accurate battery reading.