03/Mar Gr26 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

I've baked, downloaded, and flashed a few times today. In all cases the Titanium Backup application is not appearing for me. I suppose that I could just download it from the Marketplace but I *DID* check the box to include it in the ROM. Any ideas?

Fixed! :huh:

P

It's on all releases now (I think), I definitely saw it over on the Nexus S forums. Great work btw Paul, running smooth here, tb wake and it's perfect :huh:

People don't release I dev for lots of different devices and assume I will always go on releasing for a particular phone, which sadly isn't feasible. The disclaimer will be on EVERY rom post going forward, so the N1 isn't being singled out!

P

I have a problem... When I restore my apps using TB, the apps get installed but the data for the app is not... Is this a known problem or?

Otherwise it looks great... :huh:

Edit: I am coming from PhoenROM 1.5Beta and if I install PhoenROM again, the restore works as it should... Are there any reasons that a backup taken with TB in PhoenROM can't be restored in Modaco ROM?

Edit2: I can see that the database is installed under /data/data/package-name/database/dbname but when i start the app, the app just creates a new database instead of the one that is already there... Any suggesions?

Regards,

BTJ

Edited by BTJ

People don't release I dev for lots of different devices and assume I will always go on releasing for a particular phone, which sadly isn't feasible. The disclaimer will be on EVERY rom post going forward, so the N1 isn't being singled out!

P

Yup totally understandable, I figured that's the approach you were taking. I'm just gonna enjoy MCR for the N1 while it's available :huh:

Guest jsl.com

OK everything is looking pretty good on my Gingerbread Nexus One now. I have one remaining issue with the dropbear ssh server. It appears to be active because the password shows in "About Phone" but all attempts to connect are refused. Is the port still 2222?

nmap -v -p1-65535 <my phone>

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2011-03-02 15:55 PST

NSE: Loaded 0 scripts for scanning.

Initiating Ping Scan at 15:55

Scanning 192.168.2.100 [2 ports]

Completed Ping Scan at 15:55, 0.34s elapsed (1 total hosts)

Initiating Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 15:55

Completed Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 15:55, 0.02s elapsed

Initiating Connect Scan at 15:55

Scanning <my phone> (192.168.2.100) [65535 ports]

Increasing send delay for 192.168.2.100 from 0 to 5 due to max_successful_tryno increase to 4

Connect Scan Timing: About 13.60% done; ETC: 15:59 (0:03:17 remaining)

Connect Scan Timing: About 21.15% done; ETC: 16:00 (0:03:47 remaining)

Connect Scan Timing: About 30.25% done; ETC: 16:00 (0:03:30 remaining)

Connect Scan Timing: About 39.35% done; ETC: 16:00 (0:03:07 remaining)

Connect Scan Timing: About 48.45% done; ETC: 16:00 (0:02:41 remaining)

Connect Scan Timing: About 67.24% done; ETC: 16:03 (0:02:33 remaining)

Connect Scan Timing: About 76.03% done; ETC: 16:03 (0:01:48 remaining)

Connect Scan Timing: About 85.13% done; ETC: 16:03 (0:01:05 remaining)

Completed Connect Scan at 16:02, 422.29s elapsed (65535 total ports)

Host <my phone> (192.168.2.100) is up (0.0012s latency).

All 65535 scanned ports on <my phone> (192.168.2.100) are closed

Read data files from: /usr/share/nmap

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 422.81 seconds

Edited by jsl.com

Guest Jason Patel

HELP!

I had a locked bootloader phone. I then upgraded to the OTA 2.3.3 Gingerbread manually.

I have since unlocked the bootloader and now cant figure out how to get root access in order to install the Modaco ROM.

I have tried installing the update.zip via Recovery (Std Recovery) but it states signature verification failed. (I clicked sign on Bake).

Can anyone assist, I should normally install Superboot but does not seem to be a version for GRI54. I cannot use Clockwork as dont have Root.

Happy to do via command if required just need some clues.

Guest stevenz
HELP!

I had a locked bootloader phone. I then upgraded to the OTA 2.3.3 Gingerbread manually.

I have since unlocked the bootloader and now cant figure out how to get root access in order to install the Modaco ROM.

I have tried installing the update.zip via Recovery (Std Recovery) but it states signature verification failed. (I clicked sign on Bake).

Can anyone assist, I should normally install Superboot but does not seem to be a version for GRI54. I cannot use Clockwork as dont have Root.

ClockworkMod doesn't _need_ root, it's just a recovery you flash via Fastboot, which you can now do that you've unlocked the bootloader, although I much prefer AmonRa as the "no, no, no, yes, no" menu in CWM annoys me.

So, either flash CWM via recovery and install the .zip via that, or ensure you've got a reasonably recent AmonRa and turn signature verification off. If you've unlocked the bootloader then all options are open.

HELP!

Download this recovery and place in the tools folder where adb is. Rename it to recovery.img (Make sure to not name it recovery.img.img if file extensions are hidden). Then open up adb and type 'fastboot flash recovery recovery.img'. Then reboot to recovery via the bootloader/fastboot menu as normal. Place this rom on your sd card and flash it via the 'Flash zip' option. Then reboot.

I have a problem... When I restore my apps using TB, the apps get installed but the data for the app is not... Is this a known problem or?

Otherwise it looks great... :huh:

Edit: I am coming from PhoenROM 1.5Beta and if I install PhoenROM again, the restore works as it should... Are there any reasons that a backup taken with TB in PhoenROM can't be restored in Modaco ROM?

Edit2: I can see that the database is installed under /data/data/package-name/database/dbname but when i start the app, the app just creates a new database instead of the one that is already there... Any suggesions?

Regards,

BTJ

This doesn't seem to be an issue with TB but if I restore the data from an app I used to use, it still createa an emtpy database after I have restored my data... Any idea what is going on here? Some new features with this new Gingerbread version or?

Regards,

BTJ

Guest Jason Patel

Thank you stevenz & nDrg!

All sorted now thanks to your instructions, do feel a little silly as was so easy. :huh:

Edited by Jason Patel

Guest quaddy

Hi,

I've got the newest radio and hboot, wiped 2-3 times, flashed the kitchen rom (with A2SD+) with Clockwork. My N1 doesn't boot up. It always stands still at the first X-screen with the open lock icon. Wonder why CM7 or other "prebaked" GB Roms doesn't have this problem. Any ideas?

quaddy

Edited by quaddy

Guest das_spektakel

Hi Paul,

thanks for clarifying your update policy. Now it is superclear and I know what I can expect. I really appreciate your work and as ususal it is a great ROM.

One question regarding r25: I have seen that the "Reboot" option while pressing the power button leads to a complete hanging system - which means that after pressing "Reboot" nothing happens. From this point I have no control of the complete device anymore and the only way of fixing this is to remove the battery. Does someone else is having this problem?

The Reboot app from the drawer works fine, no issues here.

Need some help,

das_spektakel

Guest Silver Bullet
From this point I have no control of the complete device anymore and the only way of fixing this is to remove the battery. Does someone else is having this problem?

Yup! Had the same issue yesterday just after flashing the rom... reverted to Stock rooted until this get fixed.

Guest das_spektakel
Yup! Had the same issue yesterday just after flashing the rom... reverted to Stock rooted until this get fixed.

puuh :( thanks. Also on different gingerbread for the moment.

Guest gilead1
Changelog

02/Mar

• Completely rebuilt and updated to Gingerbread 2.3.3 (GRI54)

• Initial Release

Here is a problem:

Trying to flash with clockworkmod 3.0.0.5

it say : wrighting radio image

than I get a pic of robot out of a box and than it gose to tha X and lock screen. than back to the robot out of the box with prorasion line below for 1 sec. and than it go back o the X screen and stuck there....

any ideas?

Guest das_spektakel
Here is a problem:

Trying to flash with clockworkmod 3.0.0.5

it say : wrighting radio image

than I get a pic of robot out of a box and than it gose to tha X and lock screen. than back to the robot out of the box with prorasion line below for 1 sec. and than it go back o the X screen and stuck there....

any ideas?

hmm, also had this different times when I played with several radio images. Safe route could be to exclude the radio from pauls kitchen and flash it manually before by hand using

fastboot flash radio [your path]\radio.img

the robot and the box is a warning instance before you can enter the stock recovery. maybe the clockwork recovery has been overwritten? Are you sure that you installed the recovery and not only started the rom-manager application?

best,

das_spektakel

Edited by das_spektakel