[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest diefatbo
I can't connect through bluetooth to my headphones. Am I the only one? Does any of you guys has any problem with BT?

i've just tried this. i found no problem!

Guest diefatbo
Sorry,completely forgot about that... will be in V3,however in attachment there's a new framework-res.apk with battery circle ONLY FOR V2.5

Extract the rar archive and paste the framework-res.apk in your adb folder,then with cmd:

cd C:/path/to/tools/folder

adb devices

If your phone comes up, carry on. If not, make sure it's in debuggable mode.

adb root

adb remount

adb pull /destination/path/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk.bak

adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/

Then reboot the phone with adb reboot (or in normal way if you prefer)

I think my Dario93's 1.7 is not as good as i wanted.. IMHO 1.6 is the best :P But compared to FroYoMetal,is slower! :P

i haven't install adb. i dun know how to use.. ;)

Guest diefatbo
I just came from 4.002.14 after a data,dalvik,cache wipe in Malez recovery, and from what I've noticed the FroyoMetal ROM is faster, and Quadrant benchmark scores are about 25% (200 points) higher. I may have noticed a slight hiccup here & there when I was testing out the ROM last night (switching & installing a lot of new apps). But I think normal use it's pretty smooth. I'll have to use it for a few more days to make sure everything is ok, including battery drain.

BTW I'm also running default Android UI, with regular Launcher (not launcherpro, which I think has become bloated lately). I use 2G data only and background data mostly off. Also I don't have any widgets installed, just app shortcuts on 3 of the 5 homescreens. It's a pretty clean environment.

i also came from 4.002.14 after a data,dalvik,cache wipe in Malez recovery, the benchmark is really higher.

After i installed many apps and widgets, and i tried acer ui without launcherpro and android ui with launcherpro, the speed also becomes unstable.

And i don't have ur clean environment. ;)

i think it's the reason. thanks again.

Guest TroyBrown

Hello there,

I've been trying to flash this very ROM, according to Malez Recovery it's been installed, but then the Liquid doesn't boot.

After the Acer logo screen there's the Android screen (with the androids lurking from the screen corners) but the boot process doesn't continue.

Funnily I do have this problem with an awful lot of ROMs. I've got one working custom ROM, and that's CM6.1., LCR is extremely laggy on my liquid.

MIUI doesn't work as well.

Sorry about so much information, but I'm at a loss right now.

I'm using Malez Recovery to flash new ROMs, I think I've tried every available option there, wiped everything, factory reset, disabled the ROM check when trying to flash..

Can anyone help? ;)

Guest Morris Lee
Hello there,

I've been trying to flash this very ROM, according to Malez Recovery it's been installed, but then the Liquid doesn't boot.

After the Acer logo screen there's the Android screen (with the androids lurking from the screen corners) but the boot process doesn't continue.

Funnily I do have this problem with an awful lot of ROMs. I've got one working custom ROM, and that's CM6.1., LCR is extremely laggy on my liquid.

MIUI doesn't work as well.

Sorry about so much information, but I'm at a loss right now.

I'm using Malez Recovery to flash new ROMs, I think I've tried every available option there, wiped everything, factory reset, disabled the ROM check when trying to flash..

Can anyone help? ;)

Did you flash it over your original rom or did you ever flasg a leak then install /flash this zip?

Guest TroyBrown

I did try flashing over the original ROM...

Should I have put a Froyo leak on the Liquid before?

And if so, why? CM6.1 does work, and it's baed on Foyo. ;)

Guest diefatbo
I did try flashing over the original ROM...

Should I have put a Froyo leak on the Liquid before?

And if so, why? CM6.1 does work, and it's baed on Foyo. ;)

i think it's a must to flash a clean 4.002.14 bin before u flash this rom

Guest TroyBrown
i think it's a must to flash a clean 4.002.14 bin before u flash this rom

Alright..

I've just tried flashing this ROM, but to no avail.

Malez says "E: can't find update script."

Hm....

Thanks for your help guys!

Guest Harness
Alright..

I've just tried flashing this ROM, but to no avail.

Malez says "E: can't find update script."

Hm....

Thanks for your help guys!

Download the newest .zip, make sure it completed (both to your computer and to your sdcard). Flash unsigned (because Dario is lazy ;)) and voila.

Works, cause I just did it a few days ago.

ALSO:

GTalk/System Notification Silent Fix

Copy to SD, flash in Malez (signed)

http://www.multiupload.com/EC4Z0QWHOP

Compliments the Community Development Team.

Edit: Better to flash new roms over fresh BINs.

Edited by Harness

Guest TroyBrown

Harness, in my case and withe the CDTeam FroYo Metal ROM sadly it doesn't work.

I've got no idea why it doesn't, I must have missed out on something but can't figure out for the life of me WHAT..

Edit: Doesn't work for me., installation aborted. Can't find update script. ;)

Edited by TroyBrown

Guest Harness
Harness, in my case and withe the CDTeam FroYo Metal ROM sadly it doesn't work.

I've got no idea why it doesn't, I must have missed out on something but can't figure out for the life of me WHAT..

Edit: Doesn't work for me., installation aborted. Can't find update script. ;)

Tell me what you've done so far and maybe I can help.

Guest TroyBrown

Alright.

Actually I had my Liquid retired, before I was using it with the 2.1 stock ROM, rooted with Malez 0.5.4.

Now I wand to play with it a bit, install some custom ROMs and so on.

Should be no big deal flashing them with Malez I thought.

So I downloaded the Metal Dump, put it on my SD card, went to Recovery, and nothing happened. Malez recovery said installation was completet, but the Liquid wouldn't boot beyond the Android logo screen.

Now I've updated Malez to 0.6.1, tried flashing again, but to no avail.

The same applies to other ROMs apart from CM6.1, they simply don't install. LCR was incredibly slow and painful to use.

Any ideas?

Thanks mate, your help is greatly appreciated!

Alright.

Actually I had my Liquid retired, before I was using it with the 2.1 stock ROM, rooted with Malez 0.5.4.

Now I wand to play with it a bit, install some custom ROMs and so on.

Should be no big deal flashing them with Malez I thought.

So I downloaded the Metal Dump, put it on my SD card, went to Recovery, and nothing happened. Malez recovery said installation was completet, but the Liquid wouldn't boot beyond the Android logo screen.

Now I've updated Malez to 0.6.1, tried flashing again, but to no avail.

The same applies to other ROMs apart from CM6.1, they simply don't install. LCR was incredibly slow and painful to use.

Any ideas?

Thanks mate, your help is greatly appreciated!

You have to flash the phone with a stock froyo first with 'acer download tool', then re-install malez and only then install the metal dump.

hi guys how i can remove launcherPro?? i have try with root explorer, but when i go to re-install LaucherPro, tell me installation not finish... some help? sorry for my english ;)

Guest jayziac
hi guys how i can remove launcherPro?? i have try with root explorer, but when i go to re-install LaucherPro, tell me installation not finish... some help? sorry for my english ;)

I removed it by removing the /system/app/com.fede.launcher.apk then reboot for it to cleanup. (need to 'remount' rw, and 'su' as root user otherwise permission denied)

Also I restored default android boot animation by removing /system/media/bootanimation.zip, it automatically went back to the default shiny android logo animation after reboot.

Guest TroyBrown
You have to flash the phone with a stock froyo first with 'acer download tool', then re-install malez and only then install the metal dump.

Yes, thanks a lot, that's done the trick. Now it works. ;)

Guest Harness
Yes, thanks a lot, that's done the trick. Now it works. ;)

He beat me to it. Honestly I've used pretty well all the ROMs, LCR, Rogers, CM, etc, and I like this one the best.

Hence why I'm working on it :P

i'm have a problem with the calendar. i'm see in top of the applicaction of calendar the big icon of android for the usb mode menu and disturb the vision of the app.

another problem is that i'm can't make a nandroid backup. at 60%+- of the process stop and fail the backup

anyone have this problems?

i'm have a problem with the calendar. i'm see in top of the applicaction of calendar the big icon of android for the usb mode menu and disturb the vision of the app.

anyone have this problems?

i am, i have some problemi with calendar app... and other guys have some problem... a guy said that replacing app the problem disappear...

Guest Morris Lee

Man, so far this rom has the best stability and compatibility at the performace as if it is clocked at 1ghz! I am very happy with this rom, but please fix the android icon ;), add the gingerbread kb as the default kb would be cool as the color fits the interface better!

Dsp still does not work, but I am looking forward to dolby integration

Good work!!

Guest Harness
Man, so far this rom has the best stability and compatibility at the performace as if it is clocked at 1ghz! I am very happy with this rom, but please fix the android icon ;), add the gingerbread kb as the default kb would be cool as the color fits the interface better!

Dsp still does not work, but I am looking forward to dolby integration

Good work!!

As I've said, I'm working on Dolby but I'd like to just send it to Acer to have them fix it >_> Really annoyed at this point.

What do you mean fix the Android icon? Furthermore, I'll see about adding the GBKB for v3. Very easy to implement.

Edit: My devvy senses are tingling. I believe I may have found something. More on this after sleep and after class tomorrow.

Edited by Harness

Guest jayziac

The "icon" is the green android robot in the calendar app, taking up most of the screen. I think it's from the 'mount sdcard' screen when the phone is connected to a PC USB.