[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest L0cu7us

first of all thanks for this new version !

Now, does froyometal have the patch to raise the touch panel sensitivity ?

(do you remember the script echo "25" > /sys/ecc....)

thanks !

Guest LiquidW
first of all thanks for this new version !

Now, does froyometal have the patch to raise the touch panel sensitivity ?

(do you remember the script echo "25" > /sys/ecc....)

thanks !

Some script for set sensitive ,Use program GsScript for do it.

sensitivity.rar

Guest L0cu7us
tonight i'll try another froyo device to check if the problem is an all froyo rom or only on our liquid.

Tested and... same problem :-/

so now i'm really sticked with this :)

(the same thing happens also with USB tethering !!!)

Guest Harness
I prefer the light version to be as stock and minimal as possible (so no music mod please), the regular version can be modded. Also it'd be nice to have an archive of .apks & mods then someone could easily copy any specific .apk they want to apply over the light version. It would be a simple install (and uninstall later without requiring root & mounting rw hassle).

Sounds about right to me.

dario, i've been wanting to ask, is it possible if the v3 comes together with noxwell's multitouch fix? i feel that its much better from the video but i havent had a chance to try it since i literally dont know anything about these things, other than wiping and flashing. :S

We'll look into the fix and the compatibility and functionality of it. We don't want to add anything that's potentially going to cause problems.

Also: I'll do a general re-write for the front page for everyone to clear it up (hopefully I don't offend Dario here; I just know my English is clearer). Will have ot wait for him to edit it though, as don't have editing rights to his account, ofc!

Furthermore, (I stopped quoting people here) for a sensitivity script, I could of course include mine, however you'd have to edit it on your own, and I wouldn't set it to boot because most people wouldn't know what to do with it if they wanted to get rid of it or anything along those lines. I'll upload mine for you though, it's very simple.

Last thing to say; I don't test Quadrant, because I don't care. If the rom is quick and snappy, then that's all that matters to me.

To my knowledge, test OC releases won't go further than the CDTeam for testing and debugging purposes - we don't want anything bad to happen to anybody's hardware. Maybe a small beta, depends on what happens.

Harness.

Edited by Harness

Guest L0cu7us

i have a problem with nandroid backup !

i receive the error:

"Error: Run nandroid-mobile.sh via console ! (enough space left on sd ?)"

while doing a nandroid backup before to flash your new rom (i have the 2.5 version now), so i'm unable to make a backup now dunno why, i also have done a

fsck on the SD and it doesn't found any corruption, obviously i have 6gb free of 8gb total so it isn't a free space problem...

any idea ?

Guest Harness

Umount all (if this doesn't work in Malez, adb shell umount -a then carry on), restart Malez. It's odd, it happened to me yesterday too. Another thing you can do is

adb shell

nandroid-mobile.sh -b

Runs the same, a bit more verbosely than Malez.

Harness.

Edited by Harness

Umount all (if this doesn't work in Malez, adb shell umount -a then carry on), restart Malez. It's odd, it happened to me yesterday too. Another thing you can do is

adb shell

nandroid-mobile.sh -b

Runs the same, a bit more verbosely than Malez.

Harness.

I'm using a workaround of another user that I can't remember , just wipe cache before doing nandroid and after that it works fine.

Guest Harness

Cache is always where it fails. I don't know why or how to fix it though.

Maybe I should try and fix that too...

Another workaround type fix is using ./adb shell nandroid-mobile -b --nocache

Edited by Harness

Guest Harness
A sensitivity patch on boot would be very appreciated! :)

I could put mine in, but not everyone would like that; everyone likes a different sensitivity. I'll have to make it editable somehow.

Guest fischschneehase
about quadrant, fully agree :-)

disagree...its a diference if the rom runs snappy and how 3d games run;)

for example this rom runs as smooth as cm but 3d games run all smooth on cm on lmr not they crash or are very slow which is obwyously caused by the low clockspeed;)

about the oc kernel dario promissed me if you have got sometging to test he let me test it cause i asked for it;)

Guest Harness
disagree...its a diference if the rom runs snappy and how 3d games run;)

for example this rom runs as smooth as cm but 3d games run all smooth on cm on lmr not they crash or are very slow which is obwyously caused by the low clockspeed;)

about the oc kernel dario promissed me if you have got sometging to test he let me test it cause i asked for it;)

Quadrant isn't always necessarily equal to real world performance.

Furthermore, if he said that then, so be it.

Guest max2rock

hey dario

my problem still not solved unable to move apps to sd tried foresaid ways reflashed the rom after flashing with acer rom nothin happend stuck at boot loop.winston ma said adb even tried dat. am stuck at step where it says adb mv data/app/sd/app says it cannot move as it is directory. even tried on 2.75 i want dis rom real bad hope u somebody would help thank u

Edited by max2rock

Guest simoneser
I could put mine in, but not everyone would like that; everyone likes a different sensitivity. I'll have to make it editable somehow.

Well you can release it meanwhile :)

Guest L0cu7us

you can make a script that during boot call EVERY script found in an SD directory, so any user can enable, disable,add its scripts.

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest Harness

I'll try that Locust. Thanks for the tip.

Harness.

I've gotta make a to do list;

- A2SD

- Sens Script

- Fix nandroid

- add battery icon with % - I'm gonna say maybe; I'm on the Gingerbread theme and don't see my self reverting, so I'd be willing to add battery percentages in there if you want but, I don't think it'd really be worth it on the normal theme.

- change bootanim to something more "professional" like a CDT logo? - As hilarious as the current bootanim is, yes, I agree we'll have to change it.

- Unlock market (Already pretty well done, just gotta make a patch I believe)

- Dolby (But a chance that it won't be done, because it's a huge pain and theres a ton of other things to do, especially while we have DSP)

Edited by Harness

I've gotta make a to do list;

- add battery icon with % (its already in this topic but I think it should be included)

- change bootanim to something more "professional" like a CDT logo?

Guest L0cu7us
Cache is always where it fails. I don't know why or how to fix it though.

Maybe I should try and fix that too...

Another workaround type fix is using ./adb shell nandroid-mobile -b --nocache

hum, i'm unable to find nandroid-mobile.sh on my device...

any idea on where it is supposed to be found ?

Guest L0cu7us
just ./adb shell and the run nandroid-mobile.sh

I'm assuming it's in one of the bin folders.

i'm an idiot, it found it ONLY while phone is into recovery mode ;-)

It was failing on cache:

Dumping cache to /sdcard/nandroid/recovery/BCDMRS12-20101211-1827/cache.img...Aborted

Fatal error while trying to dump cache, aborting.

dunno why... solved with your --nocache switch.

Edited by L0cu7us