[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest L0cu7us
Just a note I was able to free up some more RAM by removing AcerLauncher.apk which was hogging some memory even if Android UI was selected. Had to change /system/build.prop lines:

acer.shell.mode=DISABLED

acer.shell.contacts.mode=DISABLED

Then the status bar went back to the default android white, the icons were designed for dark backgrounds. So there's a conflict between the icon colors and clock color (black). If I change status bar to black, the clock is also black so is invisible. Changing clock color to white seems more complicated than I'm able to handle right now. My temporary workaround is change status bar to grey, which I can live with since it means I freed up some more RAM by removing AcerLauncher.apk completely. Maybe this could be fixed in the next release.

with the build.prop options you have set, i still have black notification bar and all correct colors, i have installed the gingerbread theme :)

now i try to remove also AcerLauncher.apk

Edit: After i've removed acerLauncher.apk the clock color is not so well visible on black bar....

screenshot.png

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest Piter1225
with the build.prop options you have set, i still have black notification bar and all correct colors, i have installed the gingerbread theme :)

now i try to remove also AcerLauncher.apk

Edit: After i've removed acerLauncher.apk the clock color is not so well visible on black bar....

You can set clock color to white by modifying services.jar

Just look for StatusBarIcon.smali

and change

const/high16 v6, -0x100

to

const v6, -0x1

Guest fischschneehase

Iam for a version with acer ui and one without cause there are people like me who love it:) i have removed ther android launcher and earned about 15 mb ram:)

Guest diefatbo
Iam for a version with acer ui and one without cause there are people like me who love it:) i have removed ther android launcher and earned about 15 mb ram:)

a stupid question : how to remove android launcher?? :)

Guest L0cu7us
You can set clock color to white by modifying services.jar

Just look for StatusBarIcon.smali

and change

const/high16 v6, -0x100

to

const v6, -0x1

ahem, into my services.jar there is another file classes.dex, how is suppos to manage this ?

thanks !

Guest Harness
and i think, it's a "crude" rоm.

nоt SООООО interesting.

imhо, sry.

Can I ask why, so that we may fix it? We can't help without feedback.

Harness.

Guest L0cu7us

if this rom is defined 'crude' , how to define rom like xian, roggin or other based on phh kernel ?

they have LOT of thing that doesn't work, random reboots, no wifi tethering, battery eating etc....

FroyoMetal have the best speed, everything working and stable....

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest gdfath3r
Can I ask why, so that we may fix it? We can't help without feedback.

Harness.

Would be better, do not have "integrated" 3rd party launcher in the next release.

In my case, I have the registered Launcher Pro Plus, and it is annoying re-registering or uninstall-reinstall with the registered version.

Anyway, bottom line...the Market has plenty of launchers, and would be the best if is the integrated one could be uninstalled if is the case.

Guest Winston Ma
google talk is 'gtalk.apk'

I can't find the gtalk.apk in the stockapp file uploaded by Dario93. How could I find the gtalk.apk working on FroYoMetal 2.75? Thanks

Guest Harness
Would be better, do not have "integrated" 3rd party launcher in the next release.

In my case, I have the registered Launcher Pro Plus, and it is annoying re-registering or uninstall-reinstall with the registered version.

Anyway, bottom line...the Market has plenty of launchers, and would be the best if is the integrated one could be uninstalled if is the case.

Save and restore preferences, and it won't ask you to re-register.

Guest L0cu7us
This tool should help

http://code.google.com/p/smali/

i have baksmali the classes.jar, than, after i have modified the file you have mentioned before in this thread, what are the correct steps

to 'recompose' the classes.dex and services.jar ?

(and after that, simply copy back the services.jar ? no need of sign it etc... ?)

thanks !

Guest simoneser

java -Xmx512m -jar smali.jar -o classes.dex <the folder where you extracted classes.dex>

(without < and >)

Then open services.jar as a zip and put the new classes.dex in the services.jar, save and push to the phone

:)

i have baksmali the classes.jar, than, after i have modified the file you have mentioned before in this thread, what are the correct steps

to 'recompose' the classes.dex and services.jar ?

(and after that, simply copy back the services.jar ? no need of sign it etc... ?)

thanks !

After baksmali the classes.dex, you have tou se smali, it will output a new classes.dex. Add the new one in the services.jar, and push it on the phone.

Next boot could take time cause it will odex all apk's again. (like a first boot)

Guest simoneser

This is services.jar WITH white clock (if you removed Acer Launcher and have black clock) AND transparency in notification bar enabled (must use a transparent status_bar_background.png in framework-res.apk)

Screenshot for example (theme NOT included)

devicen.th.png

Use:

adb root

adb remount

adb push services.jar /system/framework/services.jar

:)

services.zip

Edited by simoneser