[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Been testin this ROM, gotta say that it is really fast n smooth. One serious problem though. Wifi seems to be malfunctioning. On wifi, webpages dont load completely, then they dont load at all.. Same for youtube app, just stuck on 'searching', maybe i get to see 1 video and thats that. I have to reboot phone, and that what merely does is allow me to load 1-2 pages at most. Then it stops loading again. Have tried on 3g/hspa, everythings ok. Have wiped cache/dalvik cache, same problem. Any ideas??

Also would it be possible to have AOSP dialer/contacts? The acer contacts just stutter too much when scrollin up/down and the acer dialer is (in my opinion) kinda ugly.

Thats all, if i get to solve wifi bug, it will b my ROM of choice. Great job CDT!!

Laters

EDIT: Dont mind the sig, its FroyoMetal 2.75 lite on official 2.2 (256M)

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest Harness
Been testin this ROM, gotta say that it is really fast n smooth. One serious problem though. Wifi seems to be malfunctioning. On wifi, webpages dont load completely, then they dont load at all.. Same for youtube app, just stuck on 'searching', maybe i get to see 1 video and thats that. I have to reboot phone, and that what merely does is allow me to load 1-2 pages at most. Then it stops loading again. Have tried on 3g/hspa, everythings ok. Have wiped cache/dalvik cache, same problem. Any ideas??

Also would it be possible to have AOSP dialer/contacts? The acer contacts just stutter too much when scrollin up/down and the acer dialer is (in my opinion) kinda ugly.

Thats all, if i get to solve wifi bug, it will b my ROM of choice. Great job CDT!!

Laters

EDIT: Dont mind the sig, its FroyoMetal 2.75 lite on official 2.2 (256M)

Very little has changed, but I suppose it's possible that the new library file could have messed this up. I just tested it and I have the same issue since applying the new DSP Library. Maybe Vache can help as well; it is his library I do believe.

Edit: This would apply to you as well Locust, I did add the new library to the lite rom, just not the DSP Manager.

As far as Wifi goes, this is for sure an issue I don't have a problem with as I use this all the time. Infact, I'm on my schools wifi network right now without an issue. For AOSP Dialer/Contacts, I could compile them sometime soon, that shouldn't be a problem.

Harness.

Oh, by the way: My market fix/busybox fix will be up today.

Edited by Harness

Guest MoNzAi1988

navigation not workings, can any1 help me how 2 fix this? it say this function not working in my location, but navigation is working if i install it on MIUI, how 2 fix this?

Guest Harness

Market Fix:

http://www.multiupload.com/VT1T6AX5F3
Flash signed in Malez. Busybox Fix: In Terminal Emulator on your phone or adb shell, run this command:
export /system/xbin:$PATH

export $PATH

That'll have to do until I figure out how to add it with an update script. This is what worked for me; report any differing experiences.

Harness.

Edited by Harness

That'll have to do until I figure out how to add it with an update script. This is what worked for me; report any differing experiences.

You can add it in your init.rc :

# setup the global environment

export PATH /sbin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin

Thanks vache!

Any ideas on the DSP Libraries causing the volume bug?

Harness.

Are you sure it's caused by DSP ?

You should try again with Acer libs. If it works good, i dunno what's wrong with DSP.

Since i made crap by trying to compile CM for 2G vm-split, i loose all my sources and cannot work on it atm.

Guest Harness
Are you sure it's caused by DSP ?

You should try again with Acer libs. If it works good, i dunno what's wrong with DSP.

Since i made crap by trying to compile CM for 2G vm-split, i loose all my sources and cannot work on it atm.

Only thing that would have changed the audio.

Thanks anyhow, I'll try the Acer libs. If nothing else I'll try and fix the audio adjustment.

Guest Harness
Yes ! flash boot.img and moving apps with malez recovery, but at startup the system don't boot...

You'll have to wait for Dario to post. He shouldn't be too long now.

I fixed Malez (nandroid) I believe.

Edited by Harness

Guest masstony

I think that the problem with audio level is related with audio libs, in fact also the google navigator volume is changed (in a better way)after the libs change, with 2.5 was low now with 2.75 is much louder! :) ...this is the good news of this "problem".

Guest Dario93

Here I am.

Trying to build a new bootimg with Apps2SD support,i will give you news asap! :)

EDIT: Have you tried this : http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...royo-superboot/ ?

It's a method to use Apps2SD on Froyo,follow the instructions CAREFULLY! (And report if you manage to get Apps2SD working,of course :) )

Edited by Dario93

Guest Harness
so it is time to make a script that switch between the two audio library :)

Better idea, I'll just learn to fix it, and beg those who are greater than me for help when I do so.

any news about the init script (also for sensitivity) ?

Workin on this now. Literally.

Edited by Harness

Guest masstony
Difference between Lite and Full?

Community Development Team Presents: MetalFroyo v2.75

Change log:

- Gingerbread Keyboard has been added

- DSPManager has been fixed (to the best of my knowledge)

- Silent Fix included

- Calendar is fixed

- Superuser Apps are updated

- Other Misc. Things I might not be thinking about

HOWTO Install:

- Ensure you have Malez 0.6.1 installed, reboot into recovery and run a nandroid backup. (If it gives you an error, umount all fs and restart Malez, worked for me.)

- Enable USB-MS, copy the zip to your SDcard

- Flash signed

- Reboot and enjoy our ROM smile.gif

Full Version:

http://www.multiupload.com/Y1VVM00O35

All apps included in last release, nothing to speak for besides change log

Lite Version:

http://www.multiupload.com/RZUT45F9YF

Many apps removed; AcerUI and LauncherPro kept in ROM for this release; depending on feedback and requests, they may be removed for the next - I may even release a Lightening update soon depending on feedback.

Both Versions:

WILL WIPE ON FLASH

Report any problems on the forums, as always.

Harness and the CD-Team.

This post has been edited by Harness: Dec 11 2010, 16:52

Community Development Team Presents: MetalFroyo v2.75

Change log:

- Gingerbread Keyboard has been added

- DSPManager has been fixed (to the best of my knowledge)

- Silent Fix included

- Calendar is fixed

- Superuser Apps are updated

- Other Misc. Things I might not be thinking about

HOWTO Install:

- Ensure you have Malez 0.6.1 installed, reboot into recovery and run a nandroid backup. (If it gives you an error, umount all fs and restart Malez, worked for me.)

- Enable USB-MS, copy the zip to your SDcard

- Flash signed

- Reboot and enjoy our ROM smile.gif

Full Version:

http://www.multiupload.com/Y1VVM00O35

All apps included in last release, nothing to speak for besides change log

Lite Version:

http://www.multiupload.com/RZUT45F9YF

Many apps removed; AcerUI and LauncherPro kept in ROM for this release; depending on feedback and requests, they may be removed for the next - I may even release a Lightening update soon depending on feedback.

Both Versions:

WILL WIPE ON FLASH

Report any problems on the forums, as always.

Harness and the CD-Team.

This post has been edited by Harness: Dec 11 2010, 16:52

you r sooooo cute :)

Guest ilsalgo
Here I am.

Trying to build a new bootimg with Apps2SD support,i will give you news asap! :)

EDIT: Have you tried this : http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...royo-superboot/ ?

It's a method to use Apps2SD on Froyo,follow the instructions CAREFULLY! (And report if you manage to get Apps2SD working,of course :) )

Yes, with this it's alla ok!

Only nandroid for me don't work.....

Guest mabar81

+1