[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest Harness
hi :)

is it possible to have the percentage on a future version, just with changing the servive.jar ?

It's on my to-do list. As I said however, finals this week means things will be slightly slower than normal.

Harness.

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Cannot check again on wifi, my internet is cut off for a day. One thing I noticed today though. I cannot add a new contact. I go contacts/add contact, on google account ( not sim), and I get an fc on android.process.acore. That's a pretty serious bug, I don't know if I should wipe data/cache again to try to solve it. Has anyone tried to add new contacts? Does it fc? Thanx for any info.

EDIT 1: Dont mind sig, on 2.75 lite, official froyo

EDIT 2: HSPA on mobile has become terribly slow,it looks as bad as my wifi connection. at times pages only half load. When wifi tether is on though, connected with the laptop gets really good speed going on! Go figure out..

Anyway, ROM is really fast and smooth, best ive seen so far on froyo, but a few critical things dont work, for me at least.. And did wipe cache,data,dalvik b4 and aftter flashin froyo and again b4 n after flashin 2.75 and.. ya know how it goes.. Anyways, id love to have it workin fine, the roms really rocks

Edited by Ximo F. Verde

Guest Harness
Cannot check again on wifi, my internet is cut off for a day. One thing I noticed today though. I cannot add a new contact. I go contacts/add contact, on google account ( not sim), and I get an fc on android.process.acore. That's a pretty serious bug, I don't know if I should wipe data/cache again to try to solve it. Has anyone tried to add new contacts? Does it fc? Thanx for any info.

EDIT 2: HSPA on mobile has become terribly slow,it looks as bad as my wifi connection. at times pages only half load. When wifi tether is on though, connected with the laptop gets really good speed going on! Go figure out..

Anyway, ROM is really fast and smooth, best ive seen so far on froyo, but a few critical things dont work, for me at least.. And did wipe cache,data,dalvik b4 and aftter flashin froyo and again b4 n after flashin 2.75 and.. ya know how it goes.. Anyways, id love to have it workin fine, the roms really rocks

Your phone hates you direly, apparently. HSPA/WiFi/Add Contacts all work better for me on this rom than any other I tried. Are you sure it's not your networks (wifi/hspa), and as far as the Contacts issue, that is very odd. I'd say reinstall the .apk (you'll need to push it to SD card and install from there, unzip the 2.75 install file, go /system/app and push Contacts and ContactsProvider.apk

What bin did you flash the ROM over?

Guest shahru98

to CDT team,

i think maybe its nice to have a "vibrate on connected call/end call" feature?

so me dont need to look on our phone while waiting for someone to pick up/hang up on call.

thanks.

Guest Morris Lee
to CDT team,

i think maybe its nice to have a "vibrate on connected call/end call" feature?

so me dont need to look on our phone while waiting for someone to pick up/hang up on call.

thanks.

+1!!

Guest Dario93

To make sure this isn't a baseband problem, have you tried to flash the latest bin? (I mean the official one, modified to pass on the liquid a1, 4.002.14)

Guest mabar81

Hi, in calendar I see an upper gray bar: how can I remove it? I tried pushing calendar.apk found in this thread as fix for previous release, but the bar didn't disappear, it just became orange with a + on it (like a button, but unclickable). I also tried to install calendar.apk from Roggins CM, the bar simply became smaller with something else in it. Maybe it's not a calendar.apk issue but it's related to resources or something similar? Thx

Guest Harness

Also on my to do list. I wish my time were limitless but unfortunately it's not and I can only do so much in a day.

Just so you all have an idea on update status, I'm currently getting ready to compile a v3-beta. I'm not sure whether it's going to be released or not, but things are being fixed, but I'm wasting less time making update zips and doing my best to just put them in the next rom.

Harness.

Edited by Harness

Guest Dario93
Also on my to do list. I wish my time were limitless but unfortunately it's not and I can only do so much in a day.

Just so you all have an idea on update status, I'm currently getting ready to compile a v3-beta. I'm not sure whether it's going to be released or not, but things are being fixed, but I'm wasting less time making update zips and doing my best to just put them in the next rom.

Harness.

Great, in the meanwhile I finished working on OC, thanks to thepasto, so i'll have more free time for FroYoMetal :)

Guest Harness
Great, in the meanwhile I finished working on OC, thanks to thepasto, so i'll have more free time for FroYoMetal :)

If you have OC ready, you gotta send that to me so I can do what I need to do to the ramdisk.

Harness.

Guest elpincio

Great cdteam!! :)

Can I ask you what will be the changelog of v3? ETA?

Will you release also a light version without acer ui?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by elpincio

Guest Alvan Yap

hi dario, any news for the small request? btw i have few question would like your clarification:

1. since i'm using ferrari edition and as u know acer use EUU tools to update my ferrari, and i founded that the current ferrari is not compatible with metal froyo, which means if i insist want to use metalfroyo i need to flash the normal liquid E froyo rom first correct(can flash AAP version instead of EMEA?)?

2. after flash can i revert back to ferrari rom using back EUU tools?

3. as i understanding this rom is without any chinese support right?any solution for this?

thanks a lot :)

Alvan Yap

Guest Harness
The 2.75 include the boot.img with ext2 support?? Or we must flash it?

In the v3 the app2sd will be just in it?

Flash. v3 it will be included; as well as OC I believe.

Harness.

Guest diefatbo
The 2.75 include the boot.img with ext2 support?? Or we must flash it?

In the v3 the app2sd will be just in it?

this is also my concern, i m noob in adb.. :)

Flash. v3 it will be included; as well as OC I believe.

Harness.

In my opinion you have to creare a simple rom with only the standard UI or Luncher Pro (so we have more memory for our app) and with full support to App2sd and the different boot.img for the standard clock, 880mhz, 998mhz.

This is only a my opinion of what i'm searching.

Guest Harness
In my opinion you have to creare a simple rom with only the standard UI or Luncher Pro (so we have more memory for our app) and with full support to App2sd and the different boot.img for the standard clock, 880mhz, 998mhz.

It's harder than you think to do all of this. We are working on it, and A2SD/OC will be in v3, however it's not like we just flip a switch and it's all there. It takes a lot of work.

Harness.

It's harder than you think to do all of this. We are working on it, and A2SD/OC will be in v3, however it's not like we just flip a switch and it's all there. It takes a lot of work.

Harness.

I know.. it was only a my opinion of what is a fantastic rom for me...

Guest L0cu7us

it is a nonsense to include launcherpro in rom since at the first upgrade all this vanish...

(IMHO)

Guest dieghito

this rom in fantastic. I never seen one rom to do I/O in quadrant whith this speed. I'm sorry, but whitout kernel I prefer others roms like CM or lcr.

if you find the overcclok, it will be perfect