[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest jayziac
Just came back from a Snowboard weekend :lol: Almost ready to start developing again,despite I broke my wrist :S

Sorry to hear about your wrist. Hope it heals quickly. Could you re-base FroyoMetal to the newest Liquid M firmware 1.001.02_EMEA-GEN1? Everything works for me, and fast, so I'm not waiting for any new features, just would like to be running the latest Acer Metal ROM. Thanks.

Guest Dario93
Sorry to hear about your wrist. Hope it heals quickly. Could you re-base FroyoMetal to the newest Liquid M firmware 1.001.02_EMEA-GEN1? Everything works for me, and fast, so I'm not waiting for any new features, just would like to be running the latest Acer Metal ROM. Thanks.

It should not be a problem, we recently got the dump :lol:

Also back and ready to work. Dario, message me at any time and we'll collaborate.

Harness.

Good to read you're back. Does it means that v3 will be released soon ? Will you base your rom on the latest liquid metal dump ?

Guest TheRunner89

This rom suport other keys to wake up the phone? Is really boring use just the left key to wake the phone. If the rom doesn't do this, take it as a sugesttion :lol:

Sorry for my bad english!

Guest Harness
This rom suport other keys to wake up the phone? Is really boring use just the left key to wake the phone. If the rom doesn't do this, take it as a sugesttion ;)

Sorry for my bad english!

ololol.

boring to wake up the phone that way? would you like to use the right key to wake it instead? no difference... /sigh.

Dario and I are still discussing options.

Guest TheRunner89
ololol.

boring to wake up the phone that way? would you like to use the right key to wake it instead? no difference... /sigh.

Dario and I are still discussing options.

Maybe not boring (I express myself wrong), but overloads the button and have the other with this function was good not to spoil the wake button quickly.

Guest fear_factory84
+1

Since malez and vache are already working on porting latest liquid metal rom things (with fixed market ratings), I think that the efforts should be joined.. If there is an lcr-f based on liquid metal rom, froyometal has no reason to exist.

This is my opinion, and I don't want to denigrate all the beautiful work of the devs of this rom, but it's only an hope to see that work is shared between our devs!

Guest jayziac

I'd still like to see the latest Metal ROM 1.001.02_EMEA-GEN1 merged into FroyoMetal, it shouldn't take a lot of time since it's just re-updating all the Acer stuff that came originally (maybe Acer already fixed some of the problems we're having too) Then OC, minor fixes, & customizations can come later since they take more dev time.

Edited by jayziac

Guest Dario93
Any news on v3 Dario? Can you tell us if you're working on it or stuck at something?

We have to apologize,we just take some relax-time... School in this period is veery hard and we're very busy,but now the FroyoMetal project is going to restart again :P And yes,there will be a merging with latest Metal bin :D

We have to apologize,we just take some relax-time... School in this period is veery hard and we're very busy,but now the FroyoMetal project is going to restart again :P And yes,there will be a merging with latest Metal bin :D

You're right, you should concentrate on school :huh: Great to hear that there will be a new FroyoMetal ROM!

Any news on v3 Dario? Can you tell us if you're working on it or stuck at something?

Can't wait 2.5 was great but on the A1 really think i need the swap as it gets slow after a couple of days of use and a reboot fixes that issue. I can't wait for 3.0 .....

:D thanks for all your work.

edit:

with the new kernel and swap my phone is so much faster running 921 with compcache now the a1 runs like it should. Dario do you know if you can include the liquid e performance patch in the next metalfroyo v3.0.

Edited by isshah

Guest hkstacker

I've got an OTA update notice to upgrade to firmware 1.100.16.

I'm running the Liquid E, 2.75 metal with the 960mhz overclock kernel, on Fido. Can someone inform me on what do to with this OTA update?

Thanks guys.

Guest Dario93
I've got an OTA update notice to upgrade to firmware 1.100.16.

I'm running the Liquid E, 2.75 metal with the 960mhz overclock kernel, on Fido. Can someone inform me on what do to with this OTA update?

Thanks guys.

Wow,I didn't know that OTA updates were still enabled,however I suggest not to update,that notification concerns the Liquid Metal,so the update would probably fail or damage your device

Guest hkstacker
Wow,I didn't know that OTA updates were still enabled,however I suggest not to update,that notification concerns the Liquid Metal,so the update would probably fail or damage your device

That is what I assumed. Thanks for the quick response.

I confirm that the OTA service is active....

will you release a new firmware based on this version of the update?

Guest Dario93
I confirm that the OTA service is active....

will you release a new firmware based on this version of the update?

Yeah and if we manage we will merge in froyometal also the stream dump to have Dolby working :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest uapo7
Is there a beta tester available? FroYoMetal beta2 is almost ready :(

What happened to Leogingerbread liquidedition? :( Please fix screen brightness ASAP, its big problem when you are using liquid outside. :D