how to theme edit

Guest kainobean

Guest kainobean

ok so i have been looking on google for hours for a theme editor and every link i find takes me back to a dead link in the microsoft windows mobile section for editing themes.... does anyone of you hgys have something for editing themes i would like to make my own theme but cant find a editor and cant find registry settings for it...

Guest amdzero
ok so i have been looking on google for hours for a theme editor and every link i find takes me back to a dead link in the microsoft windows mobile section for editing themes.... does anyone of you hgys have something for editing themes i would like to make my own theme but cant find a editor and cant find registry settings for it...

go get wince cab manager, then open up any .tsk file using that program. a .tsk is really just a renamed .cab file, but designed for use in themes on a windows mobile device.

Guest kainobean

ok thanks now i just need to know one more thing what is the top bar called and the bottom bar called in the themes?? im assuming the bottom bar is the softkeybar and the top is the taskbar but im not sure exactly...

Guest amdzero
ok thanks now i just need to know one more thing what is the top bar called and the bottom bar called in the themes?? im assuming the bottom bar is the softkeybar and the top is the taskbar but im not sure exactly...

well, its not quite that easy. It isn't as blatently obvious if you do the wince cab manager route.

I would suggest extracting all the images from a .tsk (6.5 or 6.5.x for the version you want) and looking at the images.

The taskbar (yes is it is on top) cannot be themed using a .tsk file. You must overwrite .dll files (making sure they are signed first) with images you want inside of them. For this feat I suggest you go "find" restorator which can replace multiple images in a dll all at once. Here are some .dlls that you will find useful:

shellres.192.dll

outres.192.dll

tapres.192.dll

tshres.192.dll

notify.dll.0409.mui

VoiceCmdRes_PPC.dll