Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest secondton

Well it's Friday and it did arrive! Updated successfully with the today's new ROM - thanks Paul. Couldn't get Clockwork installed though. Looking forward to a bit of a play later.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clear sky

Order Monday from Currys with free delivery, got confirmation emails immediately and a DHL tracking number on Wednesday (yesterday). Today I received it.

Edited by clear sky

hey guys advent vega is now available to buy form all Currys/Digital/ Pcworld stores, just got some in today so i think i may now finally buy one.

I went into today to the pcworld in Didcot and they didn't have any, couldn't find any in any local stores and said that they were showing as 0 at local hub so I wouldn't hold your breath (although I hope I'm wrong)

I went into today to the pcworld in Didcot and they didn't have any, couldn't find any in any local stores and said that they were showing as 0 at local hub so I wouldn't hold your breath (although I hope I'm wrong)

Only just coming into stores today. I work in one of the stores and have just received my batch and most stores in the north east (my region) are showing stock. Finally today is the instore launch day and can be 100% sure now they're rolling out.

Guest HunteronX
Only just coming into stores today. I work in one of the stores and have just received my batch and most stores in the north east (my region) are showing stock. Finally today is the instore launch day and can be 100% sure now they're rolling out.

Thanks for the info! Hopefully it'll attract more people here! :D

Guest downthepub

Not quite true, after turning up a blank at the DSG retail stores in Aberdeen over the weekend, whilst en-route to Canada I checked in the Dixons Travel in Aberdeen airport and they had a fresh delivery of about 5-7 sitting on the floor waiting to be put out on the shelf... Staff were amused that they were selling so quickly. :) Now have one in my sweaty paw and at the very reasonable price of £207 (think that's with the VAT off).

Guest Dennis Elbow
Not quite true, after turning up a blank at the DSG retail stores in Aberdeen over the weekend, whilst en-route to Canada I checked in the Dixons Travel in Aberdeen airport and they had a fresh delivery of about 5-7 sitting on the floor waiting to be put out on the shelf... Staff were amused that they were selling so quickly. :huh: Now have one in my sweaty paw and at the very reasonable price of £207 (think that's with the VAT off).

Thats good news... I'll give Manchester a call in the morning

Guest expat2000
Thats good news... I'll give Manchester a call in the morning

Even if they say they have none in stock always worth asking in the shop when you travel as they seem to have no warning when they will be arriving, they only seem to know when they actually get ther in the store.

Got mine from Stansted on the 10th January, called the day before and none in stock but just went in and asked on the off chance and one(!) had just arrived that morning.

I travel each week so will keep an eye out to see if they have any more in.

Stuart

Guest Dennis Elbow

Update : Dixons - Manchester Airport have them in stock :huh: called this afternoon (14:00) T1 had 1 / T2 had 3 £207.50

Just hope they have one when I go to Tenerife :)

How to order one in europe, other than uk :3?

The Advent Vega is also sold in Spain. Otherwise, you can get the Point of View Mobii TEGRA, which is the same device, pretty much anywhere in Europe. I just ordered mine in Italy.

Guest fromWinland
The Advent Vega is also sold in Spain. Otherwise, you can get the Point of View Mobii TEGRA, which is the same device, pretty much anywhere in Europe. I just ordered mine in Italy.

I've read that It's the same device, but how same is it? Does it run same roms ? Same hardware?

Advents design looks better though :/

Edited by fromWinland

I've read that It's the same device, but how same is it? Does it run same roms ? Same hardware?

Advents design looks better though :/

It is by all means the same device from the same Chinese manufacturer, except for the logo on the back. The preloaded ROM is slightly different but the hardware is identical, and supports the same custom ROMs.

I got a great deal today from Currys Megastore in the Thurrock Shopping Park(Lakeside).

They had the new(Flash installed) Vega for £249 and when I asked if they did a combo deal as on the website with the screen protector and case the sales assistant went to check. He came back and told me that the price for all three was £249. I couldn't believe it. :huh:

Edited by cmit

I got a great deal today from Currys Megastore in the Thurrock Shopping Park(Lakeside).

They had the new(Flash installed) Vega for £249 and when I asked if they did a combo deal as on the website with the screen protector and case the sales assistant went to check. He came back and told me that the price for all three was £249. I couldn't believe it. :huh:

yeah he'll be getting a bollucking as that was a staff only deal. lol

Guest ccs-digital

I got a deal at PC World in Speke (Liverpool) of Vega, case and screen protector for £255.98 - the extra £5.99 over the standalone price of the Vega being for the 'Whatever Happens' support scheme, which you can cancel after a month.

Shame it took me 3 attempts to get a fully working Vega though.

Guest smith2001

Just incase anyone was planning to purchase one from PC World i bought online the 245£ one were you install flash later. A man called me and said that wasn't available and so i got the pre installed £5 more expensive one for cheaper.

Edited by smith2001

Guest Vansphone

I was just about to buy an Archos 101 for £270 when I stumbled on to this tablet. It sound like I can buy a Vega for around £250 and get more ram and a better CPU.

I did a quick check and it seems to meet the minimum hardware requirement for Android 3.0

My local Currys have one in stock (according to their website) so I might have a look at one tomorrow.