post your vega desktops

Guest ricwales1

I used to love launcher pro but the ability to resize Widgets in adw has persuaded me away :(

You can resize widgets in LP too.

Question: I want to switch to ADW, but I miss the calendar widget, which is resizable in Launcher Pro Plus.

Anyone could recommend a good resizable calendar widget?

I tried the latest Pure grid calendar, but it just makes the gap bigger around the widget ;)

Guest Touch Graphite
I think he means the app drawer, in which case in the options you can set it to. Vertical so it behaves and performs as in launcher pro. You can also hide the notification bar in launcher pro too.

I used to love launcher pro but the ability to resize Widgets in adw has persuaded me away :(

Cheers for the tip, didn't know they was further settings to be adjusted.

On that note though, pulling up the menu had settings, ADW Settings and lock desktop all on the one row.

Now the ADW settings are under the more tab, strange that.

Does ADW launcher have calender and Facebook Widgets like LauncherPro!? The only advantage I can see at the moment.

From what peeps have said, both have resizable Widgets and the same style of apparently drawer, but, if I'm not mistaken, ADW launcher is missing interactive Widgets like the HTC Friend stream.

Guest danielj58
Cheers for the tip, didn't know they was further settings to be adjusted.

On that note though, pulling up the menu had settings, ADW Settings and lock desktop all on the one row.

Now the ADW settings are under the more tab, strange that.

Does ADW launcher have calender and Facebook Widgets like LauncherPro!? The only advantage I can see at the moment.

From what peeps have said, both have resizable Widgets and the same style of apparently drawer, but, if I'm not mistaken, ADW launcher is missing interactive Widgets like the HTC Friend stream.

It doesn't have the HTC widgets sadly, but I think you can pick a few up off the market, and I use a widget called Facez for facebook :(

Guest wobblydoggy

ADW Launcher EX - Screen Transition Effect 6 (Full rotation transition :unsure:)

Bottom two feature no notification bar (swipe-up gesture)

post-24994-1294233272_thumb.png

post-24994-1294233341_thumb.png

post-24994-1294234731_thumb.png

post-24994-1294234740_thumb.png

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest griff_dai
Bought ADW Launcher EX on the strength of your slightly dodgy video :unsure: Thanks for the heads up, I would have been very reluctant to shed money on a launcher without seeing it in action first.

going to do the same I think B)

Guest woutxz
Bought ADW Launcher EX on the strength of your slightly dodgy video :unsure: Thanks for the heads up, I would have been very reluctant to shed money on a launcher without seeing it in action first.

Same here B)

Guest wobblydoggy
Also purchased. You're quite the salesman wobblydoggy :unsure:

Haha cheers, launcher pro plus is good too but love the screen transition effects on adw.

got mine set on 10 columns and 10 rows with screen transition 6 and gala s theme.

Widgets:

Beautiful weather

Minimalist text

Android phone7 icons

Extended controls

Poweramp pro

Anyone could recommend a good calendar widget under ADW EX ?

Thats the only reason keeps me still on LP+

I tried pure grid calendar but no luck resizing.

Ideas?

Guest griff_dai

Using ADW EX and its great, will post a video showing it going.

However, my Youtube app stopped working and now I can't delete it to reinstall, does anyone know where I can download the apk file please???? I can't reinstall it from the market or appbrain!!!!

** edit, found the apk**

Edited by griff_dai

Guest wobblydoggy
Using ADW EX and its great, will post a video showing it going.

However, my Youtube app stopped working and now I can't delete it to reinstall, does anyone know where I can download the apk file please???? I can't reinstall it from the market or appbrain!!!!

** edit, found the apk**

Any apps you lose can usually be found on www.4shared.com :unsure:

Guest motophiliac
I would like a way of making the notification bar smaller, so it didn't come down as far on the screen. Does anyone have a way of doing this?

I installed a ROM from here but I have a link to another site with a ROM that allows you to have a smaller notificiation bar. The upscaled icons always looked really shoddy to me and this fixes it but makes the software back and menu buttons (top right of your screen) a little harder to hit.

I think it's worth it, though :D

Well, I have no idea where the post went that this was a reply to. Something went wrong and it might have been me…

Edited by motophiliac

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jellywobbles
Haha cheers, launcher pro plus is good too but love the screen transition effects on adw.

got mine set on 10 columns and 10 rows with screen transition 6 and gala s theme.

Widgets:

Beautiful weather

Minimalist text

Android phone7 icons

Extended controls

Poweramp pro

Thanks -- you have re-kindled my interest, having tried it once, and binned it! Nice one ;)

Guest Sir Gash
Have you guys seen the new launcher pro update it has a number of transition effects between the homescreens. IMO it makes it much better than ads now.

Rob

Yeah, I'm liking the new transitions in LauncherPro. Make sure you also try enabling and disabling the elasticity option (LP Prefrences > Advanced Settings > Elastic Scrolling) as this affects the transitions quite a bit, makes some better and some worse IMO.