post your vega desktops

Guest ricwales1

Guest Bogside
Yup - You can select up to 7 i think. Just check the settings :D

How do I enter settings? There is no icon in my icon tray and nothing in settings for me to do this. I have LP Plus and can add LP widgets etc. but can't seem to enter a menu anywhere.

Guest JustaBloke
How do I enter settings? There is no icon in my icon tray and nothing in settings for me to do this. I have LP Plus and can add LP widgets etc. but can't seem to enter a menu anywhere.

LP is your main launcher, so you don't need an icon. Just press menu on notification bar. 'Then preferences', then 'Homescreen Settings', then 'Number of screens'

Set that at up to 7.

HTH

Guest Bogside
LP is your main launcher, so you don't need an icon. Just press menu on notification bar. 'Then preferences', then 'Homescreen Settings', then 'Number of screens'

Set that at up to 7.

HTH

That's magic, cheers. Never used that menu button, lol.

Guest YorkieUK

Chaps, anyone know how to change folder desktop icons? I create and rename them fine but cannot find any option to change the icon. I've seen other desktop images here (all cool btw) and I can see they have done this.

I am using LP+

Cheers

:D

Guest Supercharged
Chaps, anyone know how to change folder desktop icons? I create and rename them fine but cannot find any option to change the icon. I've seen other desktop images here (all cool btw) and I can see they have done this.

I am using LP+

Cheers

:D

I don't think you can change the stock folder icons. You should try Simi Folder Widget, this app does allow you to change the icons.

Guest YorkieUK
I don't think you can change the stock folder icons. You should try Simi Folder Widget, this app does allow you to change the icons.

That is spot on, many thanks :D

Guest mully@10

remlap how did you get itv player to work on it pal ?

I'm current running at 10 columns across and 5 down works well.

Here are my three home screens currently.

remlap how did you get itv player to work on it pal ?

Simply created a bookmark to ITV Players website then used a custom icon.

Edited by remlap

Guest dazzlet

I got my vega today and im loving it so far, its the first tablet i have had and i want to personalise the home screen like you guys have done i just wondered which launcher replacement is the easiest to set up?

Thanks

Guest wobblydoggy
I got my vega today and im loving it so far, its the first tablet i have had and i want to personalise the home screen like you guys have done i just wondered which launcher replacement is the easiest to set up?

Thanks

Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher EX both relatively similar, ADW has more screen transitions but the cube transition on launcher pro is lush :huh:

Guest Shaizer

I'm loving all your desktops! Imagine a "Post your iPad screens" thread LOL! Well here's mine, I may have borrowed a few elements from Matias Duarte's design but hey...I'm too impatient hehe

post-780220-1299438501_thumb.png

Guest premieral
I'm loving all your desktops! Imagine a "Post your iPad screens" thread LOL! Well here's mine, I may have borrowed a few elements from Matias Duarte's design but hey...I'm too impatient hehe

post-780220-1299438501_thumb.png

Would you be kind enough to list what you are using to get thislook i think its awesome :(

Guest Shaizer
Would you be kind enough to list what you are using to get thislook i think its awesome :(

Using ADW Launcher with Honeycomb ADW theme from market

- Clock is Honeycomb Clock free

- Using a 8 down and 10 across grid on my homescreen

- the search widget and the icons are all part of the honeycomb ADW theme but for the search widget you have to add the stock Android search widget not Google Search widget you get from the market.

- Digital Clock widget next to the honeycomb one

- I took out the status bar in ADW settings because it doesn't really suit the theme but if you're feeling braver than me then you can by all means get framework-res.apk from somewhere in this thread (from what i can see its hit and miss) http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...tus-bar-solved/

- The little tab you see in bottom left corner is Button Savior (very useful for any vega user)

- other little button in bottom right corner is to show/hide status bar

- The wallpaper is from the thread linked above, here's a direct link: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70217

Hope you can get all of it sorted, this will eventually become obsolete with the release of honeycomb as soon as the AOSP drops so fingers crossed!

take care!

Edited by Shaizer

Guest wilkinsxg

I've gone for a simple layout, with a couple of backgrounds switching every 30 minutes. These are my favorites:

post-849158-1299453527_thumb.jpg

post-849158-1299453540_thumb.jpg

This layout uses:

- Switch Pro

- Launcher Pro (Plus)

- WP Clock Live Wallpaper

For some reason the clock wallpaper is offset vertically. I think it has something to do with the half-height status bar mod, but I don't think it's much of the problem. It's more for visual effect than telling the date, which is the bit that's cropped off.

Apps of note on the dock are:

- PowerAMP (Fantastic music player)

- Miren (The best Android browser I've found)

Once PowerAMP supports skinnable widgets, I'll add the player widget to the dashboard, in white to match the Switch Pro icons.

Guest premieral
Using ADW Launcher with Honeycomb ADW theme from market

- Clock is Honeycomb Clock free

- Using a 8 down and 10 across grid on my homescreen

- the search widget and the icons are all part of the honeycomb ADW theme but for the search widget you have to add the stock Android search widget not Google Search widget you get from the market.

- Digital Clock widget next to the honeycomb one

- I took out the status bar in ADW settings because it doesn't really suit the theme but if you're feeling braver than me then you can by all means get framework-res.apk from somewhere in this thread (from what i can see its hit and miss) http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...tus-bar-solved/

- The little tab you see in bottom left corner is Button Savior (very useful for any vega user)

- other little button in bottom right corner is to show/hide status bar

- The wallpaper is from the thread linked above, here's a direct link: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70217

Hope you can get all of it sorted, this will eventually become obsolete with the release of honeycomb as soon as the AOSP drops so fingers crossed!

take care!

thank you i will get on it as soon as i get home :(

regards

Alan

Guest Shaizer
My Vega :(

Screen1.jpg

Not sure if anyone other than me will actually like this, but I'm loving it :(

newbe5

I'm loving it, really original! Its what I love most about android, its yours.

Guest zzleezz
My Vega :(

Screen1.jpg

Screen3.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Not sure if anyone other than me will actually like this, but I'm loving it :(

newbe5

Superb work! Putting this on my Vega now!

Thanks for the guide on the link.

Wow I CANNOT wait to show this to the next iPhad user I come across!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rich_bown
Alot seem to be using LauncherPro but a few are holding out for ADW Launcher.

Using the both of them,theyre seems to be good and bad with both.

For me, using these two just for just trial basis:

ADW Launcher seems to have a much better transition between home screens, quicker and smoother. Also loving how you can hide the taskbar. But calling up the app dock is shocking. Slow, bad FPS and having to slide between screens is really shocking, selecting apps half the time that I dont need.

Launcher Pro homescreens are slower to slide and no hide of the taskbar but the app dock is waaaaay better than ADW, all on one screen with nice touch responsiveness to moce up and down.

Anyone simulate these faults mentioned?

You can hide the taskbar it's in the launcherpro settings.

Personally I have a swipe gesture assigned on the app drawere icon to open recent apps, and one set for the right hand icon to hide/show the taskbar.Tap and hold the icon and then select 'swipe gesture action'

This and the launcher pro widgets are the decider for me over ADW