BBC iPLayer on San Francisco - almost

Guest t0neloc

Thanks! I'm on the stock debranded rom and working on wifi anyway. I tried the darts live just there on bbc2 and the video was really unwatchable. Is their settings to play with or am I expecting too much of this nice wee phone?! :unsure:

Guest Mit321
Thanks! I'm on the stock debranded rom and working on wifi anyway. I tried the darts live just there on bbc2 and the video was really unwatchable. Is their settings to play with or am I expecting too much of this nice wee phone?! :unsure:

Are you using the OP's work around Opera thing? I'm using the old version of myplayer that someone handly linked futher up on this page and it doesn't lag at all B), the resolution is pretty low but its still ace having (reasonably) fluid live tv on my phone! :angry:

Are you using the OP's work around Opera thing? I'm using the old version of myplayer that someone handly linked futher up on this page and it doesn't lag at all :unsure:, the resolution is pretty low but its still ace having (reasonably) fluid live tv on my phone! B)

Same as u mate. Quality bad but live and ok lag yes

Guest Stuart_f
Why you people not using tvcatchup, just put letter m. For mobile version into browser, . M.tvcatchup.com, works perfectly

I use this site but frequently find that it simply reports that "the streams are not available". Especially the BBC News stream.

If only the SlingPlayer app wasn't so totally rubbish on Android I could just use that with my SlingBox Pro :unsure:

Guest daisyhayseed
Why you people not using tvcatchup, just put letter m. For mobile version into browser, . M.tvcatchup.com, works perfectly

TVCatchup is great, I use it myself, but you can only watch what's currently showing on each channel. I use myplayer to listen to any radio programmes that I have missed and I have a copy of beebplayer to watch iplayer TV. I find the picture on beebplayer to be better than myplayer as long as I'm using a wifi connection.

Guest southpaw1

Or another option is to buy a dreambox, some good beta apps coming out at moment for streaming dreambox to Android , I can log into my dreambox and watch all live and recorded content, also tell it to record too,

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a 2.2 rom and just tried mplayer for the first time to watch 'Episodes' on Iplayer. I took me about an hour to watch a half hour episode as had to start and stop or leave it buffering as the picture was juggled up, losing sound and voices not in snyc. Is this normal??? I was using my wifi connection.

I can never get myplayer to work with Villains 1.0.1 ROM. I see the content but it wont play. All I get is 'Connecting [Wifi]' message but the steam never starts.

It seems to work on other ROMS though!!

Cool! Is there a way to get app brain/ the market to ignore it from updates?

Guest G0DSPEED

For me on 2.1

myplayer and beebplayer live tv over wifi = garbled smeared mess

myplayer and beebplayer live tv over 3g data connection = Half decent watchable picture.

It's very strange, I've posted this problem before.

TVcatchup on 2.1 has audio out of synch on all channels roughly straight away for both wifi and 3g data ;)

have been using myplayer (v1.999 linked above) quite a bit last few days and found it stable and fast to start.

only problem, and it's a big one, is the audio is nearly always badly out of sync - this ruins comedy, it's ok ish for documentary type programs.

video seems to lag behind audio sometimes by several seconds which is horribly out of sync. also occasional breakup of picture like the stream is corrupt.

is it the 480k stream? quality is much worse than the 800k or 1500 streams on my xboxes!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest threewater

I've tried loading this more than once but I still get the same problem: the picture's fine but the sound cuts out after 5 or 6 seconds. Anyone else had the same experience?

Edited by threewater

• 2 weeks later...
Guest the_zip_master
I've tried loading this more than once but I still get the same problem: the picture's fine but the sound cuts out after 5 or 6 seconds. Anyone else had the same experience?

I'm having the same problem. Picture fine but sounds cuts out after 5 to 6 seconds. I tried Beebplayer and the same thing happens.

Could it be the version of froyo i am running (FLB-Froyo G2 V6)?

Guest Maz2011

AFAIK Skyfire is still the only way to get the full range of BBC Radio Listen Again on this phone. Which is pretty damn pathetic really, when you think about it. And as for the BBC requiring Flash for radio, that's just plain stupid.

The RadioTime app works for some programmes but not all. I asked them about listing all programmes and they said "maybe".

Sorry for bringing up a fairly old thread but here is a download link for myplayer http://www.4shared.com/file/fuXFbtnQ/snsmyPlayer_v1999.htm . I have tested it and it appears to be working with froyo 2.2 on my san francisco.

yep i just tried this and it works perfectly for me, ,

im rooted , with lastest jap jelly , :huh:

many thanks

oh yeh i just watched top gear , lol