BBC iPLayer on San Francisco - almost

Guest t0neloc

Guest Maz2011
still using beebPlayer. loving it

Doesnt work for listen again BBC radio (no content). :D

The only thing I've found that works properly for listen again BBC radio is SkyFire, and even that is a pain to use due to the awful BBC iPlayer website.

So now I just download everything automatically to my PC using RadioDownloader (absolutely brilliant programme that works perfectly) and transfer the resulting mp3 file to my Blade via USB. That's progress. And no thanks at all to the BBC and their pathetic iPhone fixation.

Guest joefez

Myplayer has been working fine for me under jj9. On swedish spring now and the audio cuts out after 10 secs and never comes back. Made sure it was installed on internal rather than sd, which seemed to fix it, but no joy as is crapping out again now. Will test some more with other roms and report back

Edited by joefez

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Myplayer has been working fine for me under jj9. On swedish spring now and the audio cuts out after 10 secs and never comes back. Made sure it was installed on internal rather than sd, which seemed to fix it, but no joy as is crapping out again now. Will test some more with other roms and report back

For Myplayer, on Swedish Springs, set all the "Stagefrights" to "TRUE", in build.prop....sound works fine, programmes stay in sync(watching Waking the Dead now), unfortunately, this has the unwanted side effect of making the Youtube HD videos play with the green bar at the top of them.

might have something to do with the broken libs in /system/lib, the libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so ones..

Tried all stagefrights at "false", get 8 seconds of audio, then silence, youtube plays fine.

Tried setting the "http" stagefright, to True, get 10 seconds of audio, then silence, youtube plays in hd just fine.

Set "player", and "http" to True, get 15 seconds of audio, then silence, youtube has green bar on hd video

Set them all to True, and Myplayer plays fine, but youtube has green bar on hd videos.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest the_zip_master
For Myplayer, on Swedish Springs, set all the "Stagefrights" to "TRUE", in build.prop....sound works fine, programmes stay in sync(watching Waking the Dead now), unfortunately, this has the unwanted side effect of making the Youtube HD videos play with the green bar at the top of them.

might have something to do with the broken libs in /system/lib, the libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so ones..

Tried all stagefrights at "false", get 8 seconds of audio, then silence, youtube plays fine.

Tried setting the "http" stagefright, to True, get 10 seconds of audio, then silence, youtube plays in hd just fine.

Set "player", and "http" to True, get 15 seconds of audio, then silence, youtube has green bar on hd video

Set them all to True, and Myplayer plays fine, but youtube has green bar on hd videos.

Hi,

I've changed from FLB-Froyo G2 (r9a) to Swedish Springs RLS3 and now have the same sound problems with Myplayer. Sound stops after a few seconds when It worked fine before. I've changed the 4 STAGEFRIGHT lines from FALSE to TRUE in /system/build.prop , but it hasn't worked :D

Any other suggestions - I'm very impressed with the ROM, but would love to sort this out.

Edited by the_zip_master

Hi,

I've changed from FLB-Froyo G2 (r9a) to Swedish Springs RLS3 and now have the same sound problems with Myplayer. Sound stops after a few seconds when It worked fine before. I've changed the 4 STAGEFRIGHT lines from FALSE to TRUE in /system/build.prop , but it hasn't worked :D

Any other suggestions - I'm very impressed with the ROM, but would love to sort this out.

My settings (on FLB R11)

debug.sf.hw: 1

media.stagefright.enable-player: 0

media.stagefright.enable-meta: 1

media.stagefright.enable-scan: 1

media.stagefright.enable-http: 0

MyPlayer 0.9.9 plays shows ok with these settings. It also means the phone plays back HE-AAC files properly too.

Edited by Roph

Guest glossywhite

With regards to BBC "Listen again" not working, I just use the standard BBC podcast URL, and stream/download from there. Works flawlessly on 2.2 r3b MoDaCo ROM on white Orange San Francisco:

BBC PODCASTS

and yes, I tested it TODAY :D

Guest the_zip_master
My settings (on FLB R11)

debug.sf.hw: 1

media.stagefright.enable-player: 0

media.stagefright.enable-meta: 1

media.stagefright.enable-scan: 1

media.stagefright.enable-http: 0

MyPlayer 0.9.9 plays shows ok with these settings. It also means the phone plays back HE-AAC files properly too.

Thanks for the reply,

I've switched back to FLB R9a and noticed it has the following settings:

#debug.sf.hw=0

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

Using MyPlayer 1.000 and it works fine (small audio glitches now and again). I've tried these settings with Swedish RLS3, but it still didn't work.

Looks like FLB G2 will be staying on my phone unless anyone else has a suggestion?

Thanks for the reply,

I've switched back to FLB R9a and noticed it has the following settings:

#debug.sf.hw=0

media.stagefright.enable-player=true

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true

media.stagefright.enable-http=false

Using MyPlayer 1.000 and it works fine (small audio glitches now and again). I've tried these settings with Swedish RLS3, but it still didn't work.

Looks like FLB G2 will be staying on my phone unless anyone else has a suggestion?

I'd recommend enabling debug.sf.hw, it means the GPU handles the user interface instead of the CPU having to do it. Smoother transitions and animations. It doesn't seem to affect this iplayer thing.

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Right, got Myplayer 0.99b working with Swedish Springs rom.

Use Root Explorer, and go into sytem/lib, and rename libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so to libOmxAacDec.so.bak, and libOmxMp3Dec.so.bak, just in case you ever need them again.

Then go into system/ and open the build.prop, and edit the lines from "false", to "true", as below.

media.stagefright.enable-meta: true

media.stagefright.enable-scan: true

leave the other 2 media.stagefright (http, and player) as "false", then save and exit, then reboot the phone(it won't work till you reboot).

Myplayer 0.99 works for all iplayer material, and Youtube videos work in HD too, with no issues.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Is there any way to associate another player with MyPlayer instead of the stock one?

press menu in myplayer, and select another player in the options.

Guest Faber01
press menu in myplayer, and select another player in the options.

That option is for downloads not streaming video, its defunct now as there isn't an option to download anyway.

Guest Maz2011
With regards to BBC "Listen again" not working, I just use the standard BBC podcast URL, and stream/download from there. Works flawlessly on 2.2 r3b MoDaCo ROM on white Orange San Francisco

and yes, I tested it TODAY :D

Yes, podcasts do indeed work. The trouble is that there is hardly any podcast content: just a handful of programmes. ListenAgain provides loads more content and RadioDownloader (or the Flash BBC iPlayer webpage) can access all of it but the Blade cant as it is Flash media (unless you use SkyFire).

If the BBC just made all radio programmes available as mp3 podcasts (and why the !§* dont they?) then the Blade could play all of them natively as you point out.

Guest joefez
Right, got Myplayer 0.99b working with Swedish Springs rom.

Use Root Explorer, and go into sytem/lib, and rename libOmxAacDec.so and libOmxMp3Dec.so to libOmxAacDec.so.bak, and libOmxMp3Dec.so.bak, just in case you ever need them again.

Then go into system/ and open the build.prop, and edit the lines from "false", to "true", as below.

media.stagefright.enable-meta: true

media.stagefright.enable-scan: true

leave the other 2 media.stagefright (http, and player) as "false", then save and exit, then reboot the phone(it won't work till you reboot).

Myplayer 0.99 works for all iplayer material, and Youtube videos work in HD too, with no issues.

Cheers RottenFoxBreath! I can confirm that this fix works for SS3. I havent had a chance to test it fully but after following your instructions I got a full 2mins of perfect audio and video (over wifi) before I stopped myplayer, which is a huge improvement over the 15 secs of audio I previously got before it cut out.

Thank you so much for this fix. It was becoming a bit of a deal breaker for me as I watch and listen to a lot of stuff on iplayer.

Guest the_zip_master
Cheers RottenFoxBreath! I can confirm that this fix works for SS3. I havent had a chance to test it fully but after following your instructions I got a full 2mins of perfect audio and video (over wifi) before I stopped myplayer, which is a huge improvement over the 15 secs of audio I previously got before it cut out.

Thank you so much for this fix. It was becoming a bit of a deal breaker for me as I watch and listen to a lot of stuff on iplayer.

Well done RottenFoxBreath

Up and running with Myplayer (1.000) on SS RLS3

I might try 0.99 to see if it's any smoother.

Thanks again!

Edited by the_zip_master

• 1 month later...
Guest jimwormold

A friend of mine says the iPlayer is accessible via the web on both iPhone and iPad, and looking at the (ancient) description of why it looks like it might just be a case of changing the user agent in the San Francisco browser (Menu->More->Settings->Select User Agent) to either iPad or iPhone.

I haven't tried it, and I guess the generated streams may not be compatible, but does this sound reasonable?

Guest simonsays1

I just tried Myplayer 0.99 with Swedish Spring RLS 5 (gen2) and it works fine for me without need to tweak any Stagefright settings.