Audio cable/headset pinout

I was searching the forum for the pin-out for the audio cable and only found the Video Cable topic. I bought a Samsung headset cable as i8000L compatible. It turn out it was not.

Finally I found the information on line, and the Ground and Mic pins are changed. So I did the modifications and now I have a cable that works. Since I had to open the Mic/Button part of the cable I used a tester to find out the correct connections for our phone and they are as follows:

minijack4pin-connector-1.gif

1 Left Audio Signal

2 Right Audio Signal

3 Mic Audio Signal

4 Ground

The button shorts the 3rd and 4th pins. The Head Set cable I modified works fine, but the button is a normally closed one that opens the Mic circuit when pressed. So it does not perform the answer/dial/end function, it only "mutes" the Mic when pressed. Once you depress it the Mic works again.

Hope this can save someone the trouble of searching all over.

45_acp.-

• 1 month later...
Guest hammerjr
Thanks!

that is not what I got when I tested? I used the mic that came with my i-920 and plugged a 3 pole plug into it and used continuity tester. I got :

tip L audio

ring 1 R audio

ring 2 ground

ring 3 mic

this was then confirmed when I bought a A/V cable from radio shack and tested it. I came up with the following:

tip white L audio

ring 1 yellow R audio

ring 2 ground

ring 3 red video

sorry, just saw that I used the Tip/ring numbering as that is what seems to be used everywhere. important thing is that I have the third from tip contact as being ground where OP has the fourth from tip as the ground?? remember, the location of ground is only thing that is important. I used continuity tester to test where everything went from the 3.5mm plug to the RCA plugs on the radio shack cable. the third was definitely the ground as it went to the shield on all the RCA plugs. and the fact that all channels worked (by switching the yellow and red plugs-plugging red into video input and the yellow into R audio input) tells me that ground is correct because if ground were not correct, then only one of the channels (L, R, video) would have possibility of working, although none may work since the one that has possibility of working would have reverse polarity.

anone else have input as I am trying to find cheaper cable than the radio shack one ($30)!!-I took it back after testing.