08 Aug Gr15 GRJ22: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Nexus S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

Gr14 08/Mar

• Fixed UK english localisation text for USB mount
  • Made power button reboot menu optional in kitchen
  • Fixed Arabic pack with RTL
  • Added kitchen option for Honeycomb streaming music player

Guest fesar

I have a big problem with this ROM. I am a favorite of Modaco ROM with all the android devices I had. Now with my new Nexus S I got from SFR France. I can install this rom with no problem with clockworkmod recovery.

Now the problem I have is after i install and it boots properly and does the rest of the process fine. After that whenever the phone goes into the sleep mode and then when I press the power button, I can see the softkeys lights up but not the screen. I tried rebooting many times.

How did i install

Format System

Format Data

Format Cache

Wipe/Factory Defauly

Wipe Cache

Install ROM

Boot.

Please find the attached Elixir report attached for you to view.

report.html

Guest fesar
Hmmm, strange... :(

P

I tried everything.... i baked my own rom as I am a donated member. May be I will try once with the one you have baked and let you know.

Guest fesar
I tried everything.... i baked my own rom as I am a donated member. May be I will try once with the one you have baked and let you know.

Again no luck, its the same issue. The screen never comes out of sleep so i have to go back to CM7. But i love this modaco :-( Can someone help me out.

Again no luck, its the same issue. The screen never comes out of sleep so i have to go back to CM7. But i love this modaco :-( Can someone help me out.

Seriously weird, what did you include / not include in your ROM bake?

P

Guest fesar
Seriously weird, what did you include / not include in your ROM bake?

P

I included everything. But didnt include any of my personal ZIP file. Just used the tick options of your bake except Development tools, Do not include reboot option on power button menu installed to /system partition, Include GRI40 / XXKBX1 radio update installed to /system partition and Arabic support with RTL installed to /system partition.

Thats all :-) But my CM7 nightly build works fine no issues

Guest fesar
OK, so try without Arabic, then try without the power button option... narrow down the problem! :(

P

I tried with those, and still the problem persist.

Guest fesar
I tried with those, and still the problem persist.

The last thing i tried is that going back to stock rom and then redo the recovery, root and then tried installing the modaco rom and it failed again that the phone doesnt wake up. It wakes up correctly with CM7 Nightly #12 and the stock. Now I am going to try CM7 RC2. Modaco fails

Francis.

Guest fesar
The last thing i tried is that going back to stock rom and then redo the recovery, root and then tried installing the modaco rom and it failed again that the phone doesnt wake up. It wakes up correctly with CM7 Nightly #12 and the stock. Now I am going to try CM7 RC2. Modaco fails

Francis.

Even the CM7 RC2 works. All works except my favorite modaco.

Guest xo4ox
Changelog

Gr14 08/Mar

• Fixed UK english localisation text for USB mount
  • Made power button reboot menu optional in kitchen
  • Fixed Arabic pack with RTL
  • Added kitchen option for Honeycomb streaming music player

thanks working great now :(

Guest objecttothis

Paul! I just baked and installed R14. Thanks so much for your hard work. Donation well spent.

Hey I noticed that the Turkish and other keyboards are back in the language input choices for LatinIME but it appears that the Turkish keyboard layout isn't baked correctly because even though I can slide my finger to change to the Turkish keyboard, and the label on the space bar says it's Turkish, the keyboard layout is actually exactly the same as the English layout (ie., it's not the correct keyboard).

Also, I noticed on the change log that you pulled in the Music player from Honeycomb (I love it!). Is there any way that you can pull in the Unicode additions from Honeycomb? Google developers haven't seemed fit to fix several very annoying bugs such as the lack of Unicode support for the É™ symbol in the Azerbaijani language (I know several other languages have Unicode problems with other characters), but they are fixed in Honeycomb.

Hmmm, do you mean the 'Gingerbread LatinIME'? I'll check it out, not sure the unicode support is going to be possible to merge in, but again, i'll have a snoop through the Xoom dump.

P

Guest objecttothis
Hmmm, do you mean the 'Gingerbread LatinIME'? I'll check it out, not sure the unicode support is going to be possible to merge in, but again, i'll have a snoop through the Xoom dump.

P

yeah... at least I'm assuming that's what is baked into this latest ROM for the Nexus S. It didn't used to have the Turkish keyboard and others which apparently were in previous releases of Android, so I am glad they are back in. Are you able to reproduce the bug?

Guest Phillip McMahon
I have a big problem with this ROM. I am a favorite of Modaco ROM with all the android devices I had. Now with my new Nexus S I got from SFR France. I can install this rom with no problem with clockworkmod recovery.

Now the problem I have is after i install and it boots properly and does the rest of the process fine. After that whenever the phone goes into the sleep mode and then when I press the power button, I can see the softkeys lights up but not the screen. I tried rebooting many times.

How did i install

Format System

Format Data

Format Cache

Wipe/Factory Defauly

Wipe Cache

Install ROM

Boot.

Please find the attached Elixir report attached for you to view.

I think this has something to do with it being the SLCD version of the Nexus S. I have exactly the same problem on a loaner unit I got from Vodafone. Physically the unit is slightly larger than the AMOLED unit and weighs a little more. Weirdly Wireshark doesn't work on this newer version device but works on the older AMOLED unit. It fails as it cannot get the NIC into promiscious mode. Clearly they have made some changes somewhere...

I do recalled screen issues when the N1 changed to SLCD screens. Particularly with recovery roms. Maybe this is something similar...

Guest fesar
I think this has something to do with it being the SLCD version of the Nexus S. I have exactly the same problem on a loaner unit I got from Vodafone. Physically the unit is slightly larger than the AMOLED unit and weighs a little more. Weirdly Wireshark doesn't work on this newer version device but works on the older AMOLED unit. It fails as it cannot get the NIC into promiscious mode. Clearly they have made some changes somewhere...

I do recalled screen issues when the N1 changed to SLCD screens. Particularly with recovery roms. Maybe this is something similar...

Thanks you may be right. In France may be Nexus S from SFR (Vodafone) goes with SLCD. People are going for Nexus S for Super Amoled. But the providers seems to change it :-( I feel bad for going to Nexus S as I went for it only for its screen.