Ring Volume

I just updated to I800NXXJH2 and have found a problem that recently happened. After the initial install, the ring volume was perfect when I switched between Normal to Vibrate and the back. I remember that I needed to hard reset the phone after a ROM update so I did that. Now every time I switch ring profiles from Normal to Vibrate and back to Normal my Ring Volume sets to silent and not the original value.

Can anyone please help? I hate that I have to go back into the volume profile and put back the ring volume to 5. This only happens with the Ring Volume and NOT the system volume.

Guest pulak861
I just updated to I800NXXJH2 and have found a problem that recently happened. After the initial install, the ring volume was perfect when I switched between Normal to Vibrate and the back. I remember that I needed to hard reset the phone after a ROM update so I did that. Now every time I switch ring profiles from Normal to Vibrate and back to Normal my Ring Volume sets to silent and not the original value.

Can anyone please help? I hate that I have to go back into the volume profile and put back the ring volume to 5. This only happens with the Ring Volume and NOT the system volume.

this is a universal problem for 6.5.3 roms... experiencing it from the jh2 the ji1 and now jj1(MS TEAM)..... cant help dude..... here comes one new reason to hate microsoft...............

Guest CalvinH

Hi!

I have used a lite and ultralite based on JH2. I have had that problem on both. When going back to normal profile, If I tap on the screen to increase the volume the setting "is not saved", so when I switch profiles again it comes to 0 again. But if I use the physical volume buttons to increase the volume, it keeps the setting. So if I switch to vibrate or silent and then back to normal, the volume automatically goes back to whatever level I chose with the buttons.

So:

1. Go to silent or vibrate

2. Go back to normal (ring volume is 0)

3. Tap on the speaker icon and use the physical buttons to increase the volume so it will be kept.

This works perfectly on my ultralite but IT DOESN'T WORK on the lite version, both based on JH2. I am now running with the ultralite, so I have not this problem.

Regards.

Edited by CalvinH