i8000 Roms on a i920

Guest pma7779

Guest pma7779

as the title suggests, Can i use roms for the i8000 on my i920. There are so many more roms for the i8000. I love the roms that AMDZero & Ninja4Hire put out. And I've tried them all but I just can't seem to settle on one of them.

Guest amdzero
as the title suggests, Can i use roms for the i8000 on my i920. There are so many more roms for the i8000. I love the roms that AMDZero & Ninja4Hire put out. And I've tried them all but I just can't seem to settle on one of them.

The short answer is no.

The i8000 has similar hardware, but since it is a GSM phone, many drivers are different. "Can" you flash the rom to your phone, asbsolutly. Will it be functional, not really. The touch screen will probably work, but no bt, no wifi, no camera (fails at load) no call (gsm drivers not cdma) and no battery charging. Truth is, you can flash it all you want, but it makes it a gimp of a pda, with no comm connections. So, the long answer is yes, but you'll be sorry.

Guest pma7779

amdzero, I love your ROMs but I just can't decide which one to settle on. I love the ZeroSense but it just eats up the RAM in my phone. My phone settles around 44 - 42. Not complaining not even sure if it bothers me. I enjoyed the ZeroStock rom but I was never really crazy about the Omnia set up. Do you know of anyone else that has ROMs for the i920? I know of Ninja4Hire but wasn't crazy about the OP7? Anyone make a ROM that looks like the new WP7?

Sorry for all the questions.

Guest amdzero
amdzero, I love your ROMs but I just can't decide which one to settle on. I love the ZeroSense but it just eats up the RAM in my phone. My phone settles around 44 - 42. Not complaining not even sure if it bothers me. I enjoyed the ZeroStock rom but I was never really crazy about the Omnia set up. Do you know of anyone else that has ROMs for the i920? I know of Ninja4Hire but wasn't crazy about the OP7? Anyone make a ROM that looks like the new WP7?

Sorry for all the questions.

um ninja has some awesome roms, not just the op7. And no I don't know of any other wp7 themed roms. Lets face it, Windows Mobile is NOT Windows Phone.