28/Mar [GUIDE] Update to Unlock 256MB Devices to 512MB [GEN1]

Guest StevenHarperUK

do you have to wipe, when you install this does it remove all of yours apps and your custom rom, or can i do this after installing a custome rom and all my apps?

Guest aristarhos
do you have to wipe, when you install this does it remove all of yours apps and your custom rom, or can i do this after installing a custome rom and all my apps?

This update will change ALL the partitions on your phone.

Apparently yes, so before doing anything read the instructions carefully.

Take a clockworkmod backup, flash, clockworkmod restore.

Guest aleckxander
I did the process on my OUK 512 OLED to test, and then reinstalled my back up of Seb's desoftened r0.2...

so it seems there is no problem doing the proceduro on a 512 device?

i own a ok mobile swiss device, the only difference should be the TFT screen..

Guest Nognir

Got 2 questions...

1.In case of installing the ram fix in greek Blade, how will the official Froyo update install? Will there be problems?

2.Is it possible to transfer settings (contacts, sms, APN, etc.) from official (greek) Eclair, then to custom Froyo, then to official (greek) Froyo when it's released?

I've installed it on a TFT SF, fixed the gradient issues on the screen, and the maximum brightness level increased. Seems like it updates some low-level display driver too.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I've installed it on a TFT SF, fixed the gradient issues on the screen, and the maximum brightness level increased. Seems like it updates some low-level display driver too.

What device / Country is your handset?

Guest hecatae

I installed it on a 512 OLED UK SF, it's a nice unbranded 2.1 rom

Guest shooey

Hi Steven,

I tried following your process with the Hungarian update to fix my problem with not being able to get past the lock screen/touchscreen un-usable.

It didnt work for me. I still cant get access to the phone.

I have a UK SF with TFT.

Guest gusthy
Hi Steven,

I tried following your process with the Hungarian update to fix my problem with not being able to get past the lock screen/touchscreen un-usable.

It didnt work for me. I still cant get access to the phone.

I have a UK SF with TFT.

Did you try to boot the stock ROM flashed with hungarian update, or a custom ROM?

Guest Sebastian404
This update will change ALL the partitions on your phone.

Apparently yes, so before doing anything read the instructions carefully.

Take a clockworkmod backup, flash, clockworkmod restore.

Its worth noting that ClockworkMod Recovery does not do anything with your partitions, and in fact the partition size is hard coded into the build for your device... so you may run into problems trying to restore your backup to a different partitioned device

Guest aleckxander

Flashed several ROMS and NO BLUE TINT ANYMORE!!!

StevenHarperUK do you want me to reply to your blue tint issue tread or are you going to update it anyway?

I'm really happy now!

said that now i'm going to try to restore my old backup just to check what seb said above here.

restored a couple of old backups successfully :unsure:

Edited by aleckxander

Guest theodorep63

Good evening from Greece

Thanks to your instructions I can confirm that it worked in my phone: ZTE-Blade from bought Wind in Greece but wiith Cosmote Sim card. Thank you very much for sharing....

Theodore

UK TFT model - flashed according to instructions - memory still on 170MB :[

Oh dear.

Free memory or total memory?

If it's total memory and UK you should be taking it back not flashing it.

Guest Anjan Tek

I used the TPT method to install the Japanese Jellyfish RLS5 image on the Dell XCD35.

On the Japanese Jellyfish ROM's page, it says:

This also installs a bunch of firmware files from the Hungarian 256->512Mb update

The ROM seems to be working fine so far.

Note that the Dell XCD35 already showed 416 MB RAM before this update. The reason why I am posting this here is because the first post in this thread says that the status of the Dell XCD35 is still unknown for the 256->512 MB fix.

I guess the update doesn't break anything on this phone.

Guest StevenHarperUK
I used the TPT method to install the Japanese Jellyfish RLS5 image on the Dell XCD35.

On the Japanese Jellyfish ROM's page, it says:

The ROM seems to be working fine so far.

Note that the Dell XCD35 already showed 416 MB RAM before this update. The reason why I am posting this here is because the first post in this thread says that the status of the Dell XCD35 is still unknown for the 256->512 MB fix.

I guess the update doesn't break anything on this phone.

Thanks for the INFO : its much appreciated

Guest Anjan Tek

Edit: double post.

The forum has suddenly become extremely slow for me. Must be my Internet connection acting up. But other sites seem to load fast, though.

Edited by Anjan Tek

Guest stanno

Just a quick question - Task Manager shows system memory at 414m (therefore the full 512 available), but Titanium Backup shows just 28m free + 218m in use, which I assume means it's reading the total capacity at 256m. Any idea about the discrepancy?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I have searched without success. Cheers.

Edited by stanno

Guest shadowninty
Just a quick question - Task Manager shows system memory at 414m (therefore the full 512 available), but Titanium Backup shows just 28m free + 218m in use, which I assume means it's reading the total capacity at 256m. Any idea about the discrepancy?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I have searched without success. Cheers.

your phone has access to 512MB RAM

no need for TPT