28/Mar [GUIDE] Update to Unlock 256MB Devices to 512MB [GEN1]

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest mrradmir

After installing this image screen became brighter (TFT, info about it is now unreadable) and now there is no clear black color. Installing any other ROM doesn't help.

Edited by mrradmir

Guest StevenHarperUK
After installing this image screen became brighter (TFT, info about it is now unreadable) and now there is no clear black color. Installing any other ROM doesn't help.

What ROM / recovery did you install -what is your device?

Guest laserburn

There is definitely something screwy about my newly bought ZTE Blade, as I wrote here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...otection-maybe/

There might be some sort of changes to the ZTE sold in Greece lately. Neither Recovery Manager nor Recovery ROM are able to install ClockworkMod on this device. I'm scared of flashing Hungarian ROM with no means of recovery if something goes wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alextzef

Hallo...need some help to see if i got everything right.I have a Greek ZTE Blade and my question is the following....

1.After "installing" the Hungarian ROM and unlocking the 512 mb i need to get the phone rooted with clockwork in order to install a custom clockwork-ROM, but not a TPT-ROM right?If i put the clockwork before the hungarian ROM do i have to put it again after the Hungarian rom?Am only asking because some say that if you root the phone before installing the Hungarian rom you have to install the clockwork again afterwards if you want to use a custom ROM,because it ll have been deleted by the tpt hungarian rom.Is this true?

2.Lets say i do follow the "Install a ROM using Clockwork via Recovery Manager" guide but sometime in the future i decide to return to the original (wind)2.1 rom,what do i do then?Will i be able to use my backup with recovery manager-clockwork and return to the original state OR will i have to find a TPT version of the original wind rom and use the TPT guide?Does the Backup create a zip file of the original rom that can be used in the future just like a custom ROM?

3.If for some reason i need to get the phone back to the shop in the future,is flashing a tpt version of the original ROM the best way to get the phone to its original state thus not losing the warranty?I hope i was clear and didnt make too many mistakes....thanks in advance!

Guest Igano

I tried to do the guide but there is a problem from the beginning.

You give 2 links for the update:

http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/R..._memory_fix_ROM

http://fonix232.co.cc/rom/index.php?dir=/blade/b03

the first one has a different file named image.zip WITH A DIFFERENT sum output

the second one doesn't work.

Since I didn't have a signature to compare I didn't want to risk it and stopped until i have a verification from Steven.

Hope you guys fix this :). Keep up the good work!

Guest StevenHarperUK
I haven't unlocked my ram or anything but I only got like max 300mb? And it's still very rare! Usually it's around 190-250

You have a phone with 512MB already

Guest azzazz

hi there i just unlock my ram but after all i cant install any other rom is just stack on boot after with logo/phone is root and install with clockwork/ any idea what is wrong???? i try with other sim card phone is not lock.

• 1 month later...
Guest rejuvenator

That's a very helpful discussion.

However, I have this issue: I've got over 400MB of RAM, but Ask Mr Pigfish says I've got gen1. Also, the latest version of ROM Manager doesn't do its job on my phone (as if I really did have gen1), I needed to install an earlier version (3...)

I'm confused...

(I've got a new ZTE Blade, bought in Poland with the PLAY operator)

This guide is way out of date & badly written. It only applies to gen1 Greek blades, they haven't even sold those for a few months. no idea why it's still sticky. ignore it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest liaoransky

Hello, everyone, I am from China, ZTE v880 .256 with a memory of the machine, I would like to try, but because of network problems I can not download, I hope some people change the memory that the rom-mail sent to me, very grateful, [email protected]

http://www.wuala.com/peanut_hu/OSF_Blade/ROMs/fonix232/T-Mobile_HU_memory_fix_ROM

I need this, thank you

• 1 year later...

you can download the update directly from telenor's site:

www.telenor.hu/android/zte-blade-szoftverfrissites

just click on the red "letöltés (zip, 120mbyte)" button.

the instructions for the program use:

0. unzip and run Sales_DL_P729T_Hungary_Telenor_V1.00.01.exe

1. turn off your phone, then remove sim, sd card, battery

2. press the minus button on the side

3. connect the phone to the pc with usb. the phone turns on

4. let go of the minus button as soon as the ftm label appears

5. the updater on the pc will recognize the com port, and the start button will be available.

6. press the start button and wait for 100%

7. remove the cable, reinsert the sim, the memcard and the battery.

8. turn on the phone

Edited by arelim

• 2 months later...
Guest stavento

Hello and thanks every one for giving us your knowledge. The habit of being a teacher and giving your knowledge to others is really rare this days.

I want to try and unlock my zte blade (gen1 from Greece) but the links to the zip files are old and not functioning. Could someone post a new link? i would really appreciated it.

With Regards, Jim. (.*_*.)