Best Apps

Guest bennji_boy

Guest bennji_boy
I know there isn't a section in this for games, but...

Dungeon Defenders: First Wave... Oh my holy christ, looks, plays and runs amazing on the Vega, really shows off it's power and quality :unsure:

All suggestions welcome

Guest newbe5

MultiTask Manager gives an impressive OSX-style launcher bar that you can make pop-up in any app you have open. You can use it to switch apps, kill apps, or launch new ones. Nice UI (if you put it into extended mode) and brilliant app all-round.

I have used SpareParts to turn my power button into a home button, so I can use this from all apps.

I know there isn't a section in this for games, but...

Dungeon Defenders: First Wave... Oh my holy christ, looks, plays and runs amazing on the Vega, really shows off it's power and quality :unsure:

There is a section for games .... search people!

Button saviour adds a set of soft keys to your screen enabling you to quickly access home, back and task switching. Can be a godsend in full screen applications.

Never had any problems getting out of full screen apps or games myself ... Holding down the back button gives you the menu button, Holiding down the Power button gives you the 'Power Menu' and from there you can go to Home.

Other than Task Switching this isnt really required.

Guest newbe5
There is a section for games .... search people!

No, I meant:

I just wanted to ask everyone's opinions on the best apps(and why) to do the following:

- Music Player

- Video Player

- Book reader

- Newspaper reader

- Torrent client

- Internet Browser

- Watching TV

He didn't ask for an opinion on the best game, but I thought I would throw it in to the mix anyway.

Guest bennji_boy
No, I meant:

He didn't ask for an opinion on the best game, but I thought I would throw it in to the mix anyway.

Well don't, otherwise the internet police will get you :unsure:

Guest fracmo2000
Androzip has been invaluable to me for extracting files

does it work with rar/7zip files too? i can never seen to find one that does rar properly...always messes up

Guest bennji_boy
Here is my selection:-

Browser = Dolphin HD

File Manager = Astro (+SMB & Bluetooth modules for wireless downloads from PC & Mobile)

Books = ezPDF Reader

Backups = Titanium Backup

Radio = Tunein Radio

Game = Angry Birds

I like tueneinradio, the only thing is that it keeps stopping for half a minute at a time, can this be fixed?

Guest terminaljunkie

- Music Player: Poweramp

- Video Player: Stock

- Book reader: ezPDF

- RSS/News reader: PULSE - beautiful app & now free...recommended

- Torrent client: don't use

- Internet Browser: xScope6

- Watching TV: iPlayer

Edited by terminaljunkie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest simon77

- Music Player:

Lithium

- Video Player:

Vital Player

- Book reader:

Aldiko / ezPDF

- Newspaper reader:

Guardian Anywhere / BBC tablet edition

- Torrent client:

tTorrent Lite

- Internet Browser:

Dolphin HD

- Watching TV:

TVNZ ondemand! - No access to iplayer in NZ ;)

plus

- really-useful-on-a-vega-app:

Button Savior

- Game:

Spaghetti Marshmallows

- Launcher:

ADW Ex

Guest wobblydoggy
does it work with rar/7zip files too? i can never seen to find one that does rar properly...always messes up

Yes it does, also found that Astro file manager as a built in extractor which seems to work quite well

Guest wobblydoggy

Yes it does, also found that Astro file manager has a built in extractor which seems to work quite well

Edited by wobblydoggy

Guest simonta

Off topic. Please don't beat me...

Check out TI-86. Even if you're not a geek or were born after 1980, it just looks so cool. Had one many summers ago. Didn't know how to use it then. Still don't.

P.S. It's called a calculator. It's what people used to use instead of fingers and toes before Terry Wogan was invented.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest rferrett

Anyone know of a good scrollable news widget compatible with VTL/ADW that takes its feeds automatically from your google reader account?

Anyone know of a good scrollable news widget compatible with VTL/ADW that takes its feeds automatically from your google reader account?

Pure news widget (scrollable)

Guest danb79

browser = default never given me any poblems works great

music = power amp

books = kindle check the top 100 free books they change frequently, book for free one day £10 the next!!

video = stock

news = ?

torrent = adownloader

tv = bbc iplayer or use the browser with flash installed (for itv i use mirren bowser with user agent set to chrome desktop)

also another great app i use is file expert it has an ftp sever option, use with filezilla on ur pc for wireless file transfers

and estask manager kills all non essential pogams with one click!

Guest Logseman

Minimal Reader.