Samsung Today + Second Today MOD

Guest quato7906

Guest quato7906

Hi Everyone,

here is my little contribution to the forum:

-Enabling Samsung Today and Second Today program (found on XDA-Dev) to work both on today screen of our Omnia's;

-Switching easily between them with remapped Samsung Today plugin soft keys.

Screenshots:

todays.jpg

As for me this is very useful when I want to use normal Microsoft Today plugins like SPB Weather,Weather Panel,Resco today plugin & etc.

Here I provide cab for this mods.

Installation:

1.install samsungtoday.cab

2.install Samsung & Second Today.cab

3.soft reset

4.toggle between two screens.

You can change softkey remaps after that(provided Softkey applet in the cab) in the Settings->System->Soft Key (Windows Settings) or when you hold and tap on the SecondToday screen.

samsung_today.cab

Samsung___SecondToday.CAB

wallpapers.rar

Guest skoda60
Hi Everyone,

-Enabling Samsung Today and Second Today program (found on XDA-Dev) to work both on today screen of our Omnia's;

-Switching easily between them with remapped Samsung Today plugin soft keys.

Screenshots:

todays.jpg

As for me this is very useful when I want to use normal Microsoft Today plugins like SPB Weather,Weather Panel,Resco today plugin & etc.

Installation:

3.soft reset

You can change softkey remaps after that(provided Softkey applet in the cab) in the Settings->System->Soft Key (Windows Settings) or when you hold and tap on the SecondToday screen.

Good contribution especially I was a resco Today user.

Guest skoda60
Hi Everyone,

-Switching easily between them with remapped Samsung Today plugin soft keys

Installation:

3.soft reset

I done happily with the first Omnia2. But I have problem on the second set. I can't removed the program beside hard reset. After that I re_installed all my program and it worked.

I have some question:

1) How to removed the program completely if anything go wrong.

2) The setting on second today(third screen shoot) can only don't on the first start up. If I going to change, How to do it?

I like this application and thank very much for your reply.

Edited by skoda60

Guest quato7906
I done happily with the first Omnia2. But I have problem on the second set. I can't removed the program beside hard reset. After that I re_installed all my program and it worked.

I have some question:

1) How to removed the program completely if anything go wrong.

2) The setting on second today(third screen shoot) can only don't on the first start up. If I going to change, How to do it?

I like this application and thank very much for your reply.

Hi,skoda60,

1)You can remove program from the Settings ->Remove programs ,but in the Windows's Settings,in the Samsung Settings you go to Setting->Memory Settings->Main Storage-> and delete the program.

2)You go to Second Today screen->long press on a empty area on the screen for 2 seconds and Settings will show up.

Guest skoda60
Hi,skoda60,

1)You can remove program from the Settings ->Remove programs ,but in the Windows's Settings,in the Samsung Settings you go to Setting->Memory Settings->Main Storage-> and delete the program.

2)You go to Second Today screen->long press on a empty area on the screen for 2 seconds and Settings will show up.

Thank, the second set is going to Germany with my son. Appreciate you help. And your this application will be one with me and one on German Omnia2 set which left Singapore to Germany tomorrow.

Edited by skoda60

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skoda60

I was trying on few Omnia2, 2 worked perfect but the second today buttom different then your as shown:

The today screen will switched over as I clicked on the second today soft button.

post-433401-1295421889_thumb.jpg

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60

On a particular Omnia2, same ROM I was flashed but I can't made it worked on Samsung Today(Phonebook). Flashed to other ROM also the same thing happen as shown:

Any solution?

post-433401-1295422341_thumb.jpg

Guest skoda60
On a particular Omnia2, same ROM I was flashed but I can't made it worked on Samsung Today(Phonebook). Flashed to other ROM also the same thing happen as shown:

Any solution?

Problem solved by strickly fellow the installed sequence.