OmniaII not detected by PC

Guest johnniewalker39

Guest johnniewalker39

Hi! I am a new Omnia user and i'm also new to this forum. And excuse my english.

I recently bought my phone SH, and the person who had it was using a custom ROM ("energy" ...something).

But i don't like it, i just want my phone to look like in this emulator here, with touchwiz UI 2.0, widget interface on today screen, same menus like there etc...

I figured the simplest way to put the standard Windows back is to update via New PC Studio, but the problem i have is that it doesn't recognize the phone - when i connect it via USB cable, NPS does nothing.

I tried two different versions of NPS (1.4 and 1.5) and Kies (which i see it's mostly the same thing). Neither of them sees it. The phone is set in ActiveSync mode. In MassStorage mode i can see the contents of my card and internal memory well, no problem there... The cable works (i used it on other phones previously) and it's not through an USB hub. I also have installed ActiveSync on my PC. I have XP + SP3. I tried several USB ports from my mobo.

Also, when i connect the phone, NPS 1.5 asks me for a few seconds to "select PC Studio (PC Manager) connection mode" on my phone, but the phone does nothing, it doesn't give me these options. After this, NPS remains idle, doesn't see anything, it just remains with "Connect mobile phone", even though the phone remains connected. Each time i reconnect the USB cable, NPS repeats that for a few seconds, than nothing. And obviously, when i click "Upgrade mobile phone", i don't have which phone to upgrade, from the drop-down list.

So, how can i revert back to original WM 6.5 ROM, just like in the emulator from the link above ?

And why doesn't NPS see my phone ?

Thanks in advance, cheers!

Edited by johnniewalker39

Guest kimitza

Salut.O sa iti explic pe romaneste,ca sa nu ai dubii. Singura metoda de a pune un rom este prin octans. AI aici metoda de flashuire, in functie de sistemul de operare.Prin KIES se face doar update, nu vei putea reveni niciodata prin acest program la un rom mai vechi.

Si crede-ma, samsung touchwizz e chiar varza.Pare util la inceput,dar iti va manca zilele.Iti recomand un rom 6.5.3, e mai prietenos cu degetul:), ai si mai mult ram/rom liber, ai posibilitatea de a instala doar aplicatiile pe care le folosesti,fara toate inutilitatile samsung.id-ul meu e k_mikaze2004.Daca vrei sa vezi cum ar trebui sa arate un omnia2, da add :unsure:).Aplicatii putine, spb mobile shell+s2u2 ca interfata si se misca super.Un forum ok romanesc pentru omnia 2 : http://i8000.hitforum.ro/index.htm?sid=832...5f99304a91d46f1

Sunt explicate destul de bine procedeele, ai pareri despre rom-uri etc...incearca.

Guest johnniewalker39

Thanks for reply, my fellow citizen kimitza. I propose that we write in english from now on, out of respect to the rest of the forum members who read this topic. If it's ok ith you.

I can say that i find the WM 6.5.3's original interface kinda ugly, i don't like it. And i don't like SPB Mobile Shell either, i tried it previously on Nokia 5800.

I just bought the Omnia, and the main reason why i chose to spend my money on this phone in the first place is that i liked how it looked on that emulator. That's my opinion, that's how i like it, don't get me wrong, maybe later i will try another faster ROM, but for start i would like it to look just like there, with touchwiz UI, widget interface and so on...

You said that the only way to flash a ROM is via Octans. Why can't i put the original ROM via NPS / Kies, the easy way ?

And the other question remains, why doesn't NPS / Kies see my phone in the first place ? What's wrong and where ?

Anyway, if flashing via Octans is the last resort, can you recommend me an original 'out of the box' WM 6.5 ROM just like in that emulator ? I read the flasing tutorial. To be honest, i didn't think it was that hard to revert back to original ROM, i figured it was easier, i don't wanna mess too much with all this flashing stuff, i just want to finally start using my phone and forget about all this.

Guest skoda60
Hi! I am a new Omnia user and i'm also new to this forum. And excuse my english.

I recently bought my phone SH, and the person who had it was using a custom ROM ("energy" ...something).

But i don't like it, i just want my phone to look like in this emulator here, with touchwiz UI 2.0, widget interface on today screen, same menus like there etc...

I figured the simplest way to put the standard Windows back is to update via New PC Studio, but the problem i have is that it doesn't recognize the phone - when i connect it via USB cable, NPS does nothing.

I tried two different versions of NPS (1.4 and 1.5) and Kies (which i see it's mostly the same thing). Neither of them sees it. The phone is set in ActiveSync mode. In MassStorage mode i can see the contents of my card and internal memory well, no problem there... The cable works (i used it on other phones previously) and it's not through an USB hub. I also have installed ActiveSync on my PC. I have XP + SP3. I tried several USB ports from my mobo.

Also, when i connect the phone, NPS 1.5 asks me for a few seconds to "select PC Studio (PC Manager) connection mode" on my phone, but the phone does nothing, it doesn't give me these options. After this, NPS remains idle, doesn't see anything, it just remains with "Connect mobile phone", even though the phone remains connected. Each time i reconnect the USB cable, NPS repeats that for a few seconds, than nothing. And obviously, when i click "Upgrade mobile phone", i don't have which phone to upgrade, from the drop-down list.

So, how can i revert back to original WM 6.5 ROM, just like in the emulator from the link above ?

And why doesn't NPS see my phone ?

Thanks in advance, cheers!

You can downloaded the full JJ1 ROM from #2post of "lite ROM by speedfrog": http://www.modaco.com/content-page/323437/...0/#entry1545193 without the (CSC: I8000PROJJ1). Then you download the JG2's CSC_I8000NXXJF4 which was the International version with many Telco and language. Choose the correct CSC for your own country. Read up the pinned topic on how to flashing ROM. After completion of flashing, you will have a full JJ1 wm6.5 ROM of your liken.

I had used this to flash full German ROM as attached picture. This will have a German keyboard as well.

If you prefer a cooked English ROM on wm6.5 with all the Samsung application, try looking for "NFX-JF5 Lite rom" at the link here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...t/#entry1348269

post-433401-1294223159_thumb.png

Edited by skoda60

Guest johnniewalker39

Thank you a lot for your answer skoda60, but meanwhile i already flashed with another ROM, just before you posted, and i haven't checked this topic until now, sorry...

I received a PM from kimitza who advised me to flash as following:

-from here to take EBOOT,CSC and MST

-and from here to take PHONE

And pda.bin is that .mst, and i have to put it instead.

Screenshots

It's great, what i wanted, with touchwiz ui and widget interface and all that, except only for the horizontal-swipe main menu. I have only the start menu, and don't know how to find the other one to assign it to the middle button.

Anyway, i'm pleased with it now, it finally looks how it should.

NPS still dowsn't detect it now, but now it doesn't matter that much, i guess i won't be needing it from now on, since i have what ROM i want...

(perhaps for ocasional backups, but i see there are other apps, like Resco Backup for instance)

And i bet there are many other great apps out there

Edited by johnniewalker39

Guest skoda60

Assigned program to center button. Goto Setting > Button > assigned a Program, here you can assigned any program to your liken.

Your flashed ROM will be very stables. I used spritebackup for occasional full system backup.

Edited by skoda60