Finally OUT Android2.2.1 Working Flowlessly...

Guest rajapandian

Guest evilc77
I did finale instaled clockwork recovery but what must i do now to put 2.2.1 on phone. And yes i cant dowload this files from httpS://openswift.googlecode.com/files/Openswift_4.3.7z

It would be nice if someone can send me this files .

I tryed to do:

Black Quarx ROM

1.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

2.download black system.7z and extract to your desktop

3.and run flash.cmd as administrator then plug in your phone whilst its screen is black.

4.it should start executing commands.if it still says "waiting for device" then post a reply.

5.the phone will automatically reboot when finished. it may take long to reboot but its not like that normally, its just got a lot to load.

but when i run flash.cmd as administrator cmd pops up and stays only for around 1 or 2 sec and than close it.

Have windows 7 enterprise n

take out the "httpS://" from the url, only need http:// at start.

Edited by evilc77

Guest DenIIs22
take out the "httpS://" from the url, only need http:// at start.

I know that but problem its that donwloading this file takes to long.

Or not Finale i downloaded the files "system.img" and "boot.img" but what did you mean with

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Now you need to configure your cmd.To do that click start-run.type regedit

Navigate to this branch:HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Command Processor

In the right-pane, double-click Autorun and set the startup folder path as its data, preceded by “CD /d “. If Autorun value is missing, you need to create one, of type REG_EXPAND_SZ or REG_SZ in the above location.

Edited by DenIIs22

Guest Carbonize
Now you need to configure your cmd.To do that click start-run.type regedit

Navigate to this branch:HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Command Processor

In the right-pane, double-click Autorun and set the startup folder path as its data, preceded by “CD /d “. If Autorun value is missing, you need to create one, of type REG_EXPAND_SZ or REG_SZ in the above location.

No you do not need to do this you just need to learn how to use use DOS.

Guest despotovski01
so does this mean that we can install the apps to Sd card without any hack?!!!? and will this void my warranty?

Yes, you'll have full apps2sd with Froyo, without hacks. And, yes, I'm afraid you will void your warranty.

Guest Shane-
Yes, you'll have full apps2sd with Froyo, without hacks. And, yes, I'm afraid you will void your warranty.

Hey,

In regards to app2sd with Froyo, I've got a little question, previously we had to partition our SD cards, I'm currently running 2.1 with 70/25/5% partitions, before I upgrade to 2.2, should I keep the partitions the same, or should I re-partition the card to a single partitions (If so, which file type? (I'm using a 2gb SD card which came with phone, same question to 8gb cards which I'm due to receive soon)

regards

Guest pepi74
is it possible to take the 2.1 keyboard and run it on this?

I also ask that question, but it looks like not. Now I use one simple keyboard that is good enough. But I love if 2.1 keyboard can be used on 2.2.1

Guest despotovski01
Hey,

In regards to app2sd with Froyo, I've got a little question, previously we had to partition our SD cards, I'm currently running 2.1 with 70/25/5% partitions, before I upgrade to 2.2, should I keep the partitions the same, or should I re-partition the card to a single partitions (If so, which file type? (I'm using a 2gb SD card which came with phone, same question to 8gb cards which I'm due to receive soon)

regards

I think you should repartition your SD card to a single partition, because the other partitions will be useless.

Guest mircea89fzr

i updated to 2.2.1 and wifi doesn't work. i downgraded with clockwork to quarx 2.1 and even with an older boot.img wifi doesn't work. i just can't check wifi to make it start. what should i do? should i flash with kdz tool to an official firmware?

Guest mircea89fzr
i updated to 2.2.1 and wifi doesn't work. i downgraded with clockwork to quarx 2.1 and even with an older boot.img wifi doesn't work. i just can't check wifi to make it start. what should i do? should i flash with kdz tool to an official firmware?

i reflashed to 2.2.1 and now it works. strange.

Guest max-greece
i reflashed to 2.2.1 and now it works. strange.

There was an issue with networking but it was solved in a later version. That might explain it.

In the meantime I have now been running 2.2.1 for about 3 weeks or more and even travelled with it from Greece to the UK and back. Works great although my unit obviously has some kind of fault with 2G as it didn't work in the UK either.

I would take it in - but it appears to be one of the very few phones that is stable at 900 Mhz.

Obviously with that speed and 2.2 it is blindingly fast. No comparison with the phone I originally purchased (with 1.6 on it).

I can also confirm that the GPS does appear to work MUCH better under 2.2 than it did on either of the previous versions.

Guest Sledziks

I have a question :D Please don't laugh I just get my GT540 and this is my first phone with Android. After flashing this new Android 2.2 can I chose language? Because I'm from Poland and I like to have Polish language in my phone :P

Guest fetchfire

I am having an issue with wifi. Apart from wifi 2.2.1 works fine but if I turn wifi on I goes into a reboot loop. I have tried reflashing twice and even if I go back to 2.1 the wifi bug follows me back.

Any advice?

Guest fetchfire
I am having an issue with wifi. Apart from wifi 2.2.1 works fine but if I turn wifi on I goes into a reboot loop. I have tried reflashing twice and even if I go back to 2.1 the wifi bug follows me back.

Any advice?

I was actually installing the wrong image. 2.2.1 works great.

Guest despotovski01
I have a question :D Please don't laugh I just get my GT540 and this is my first phone with Android. After flashing this new Android 2.2 can I chose language? Because I'm from Poland and I like to have Polish language in my phone :P

Yes, you can choose Polish language.

Guest spy1983

How can we install LG IME keyboard? I downloaded LG IME keyboard but it has some folders, like META INF and system...

How am i going to install them?

Thanks

Hai, im a noob at this, and this forum is very confusing imo, what programs do i need really?

I got "Openswift_4.3"(which i guess is 2.2.1 rom?) where there is 2 files in, "system.img" and "boot.img" what should i use them with? Fastboot? where do i get that?

And recovery is that very important or only if u want to downgrade to 2.1?

thanks (:

Guest despotovski01
Hai, im a noob at this, and this forum is very confusing imo, what programs do i need really?

I got "Openswift_4.3"(which i guess is 2.2.1 rom?) where there is 2 files in, "system.img" and "boot.img" what should i use them with? Fastboot? where do i get that?

And recovery is that very important or only if u want to downgrade to 2.1?

thanks (:

Yes, you'll need fastboot. If you don't have fastboot on your current rom, get a rom with fastboot. Tutorial for rom with fastboot: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...kwork-recovery/