Finally OUT Android2.2.1 Working Flowlessly...

Guest rajapandian

Guest fdespotovski
So did anyone tried this? Is it really working?

So we have to do that while it is plugged for charging?

Yes,I did it and it worked very well.Now I'll wait for it to discharge.I hope my problems will be fixed.

Well 2.2.1 is great! developpers, you guys rock!

As far as the missing codecs and fm radio I ve downloaded arcmedia which is free and plays divx/xvid and tunein radio which has stations all over the world and it is probable you ll find there your local stations!

Thanks for this information. I installed it and it works. Only 2 bugs discovered.

- With navigation and bluetooth connection to handsfree parrot in car the first 3-4 commands came over the car radio speakers, after that the commands came from the phone speaker ;)

- I can not get graffiti working again (write on screen keyboard replacement). It will install but does not show as and option on keyboard settings design for keyboard (yes, I activated it in the installation screen). Last option on keyboard menu always reverts to input screen and removes menu, maybe that is related to the problem). FIXED through second way to access keyboard selection menu, longtap on text entry field.

Edited by odv

i flashed the 2.2 on my gt540 yesterday..

i found that my 3G function is lost, i tried to flash it again just now..

but the problem remains, how to solve it ?

finally solved by myself..

don't know need to add apn server first

Edited by adilsh

Guest mistermentality
Works great for me. Battery llife is excellent. Just apply with clockwork - no need to plug in.

Stupid newb question but how do you apply the updates you link to from the rom? I can't find anything to do it built in.

EDIT:I cannot seem to enter a recovery modeto install from the zip files as all key combinations on power up show blank screen.

Edited by mistermentality

Guest fishears
Stupid newb question but how do you apply the updates you link to from the rom? I can't find anything to do it built in.

EDIT:I cannot seem to enter a recovery modeto install from the zip files as all key combinations on power up show blank screen.

looks like you have a corrupted or missing recovery. You need to reflash recovery.img in fastboot. I assume if you got this far then you know how ;)

Guest marvin027

i try to install this, but i got stuck at command, when i type fastboot -w it says "waiting for device"

my phone is connected, but the problem is, im not sure if it is in fastboot mode when i try this combination " camera + power " nothing happens, but when i try "vol down + camera + power" it says download mode.

Guest mistermentality
looks like you have a corrupted or missing recovery. You need to reflash recovery.img in fastboot. I assume if you got this far then you know how ;)

I posted for help on how to do this and it was a case of downloading a img file and in fastboot mode writing the image but it has made no difference.

I cannot use clockworkmod recovery rom software to install anything if I go to the manage or restore backups which is what I think I need it says I must install clockworkmod recovery before continuing and when I click the install button my device is not among the ones it offers to install to so I have no idea how to apply the updates :)

EDIT: Got it sorted thank you:)

Dave

Edited by mistermentality

Guest mistermentality
EDIT: Got it sorted thank you:)

Dave

Nope I thought I had it sorted but after applying the two updates my phone is stuck in a constant reboot loop ;)

It gets to the cyanogen animated screen logo then goes to LG one just reboots over and over but only since applying the two patches.

Guest fishears
Nope I thought I had it sorted but after applying the two updates my phone is stuck in a constant reboot loop ;)

It gets to the cyanogen animated screen logo then goes to LG one just reboots over and over but only since applying the two patches.

Did you flash the boot.img as well? You need to flash it in fastboot.

Guest mistermentality
Did you flash the boot.img as well? You need to flash it in fastboot.

I think it must have had a funny fit or something, I ended up re flashing the main rom then made a backup (not making that mistake again, lol) and then installed the boot image after applying a wipe (-w) and rebooted into clockworkmod and installed the ipv6 update and it worked fine.

I then installed the battery update,from clockwork without doing a wipe or flashing a boot image and that was fine.

So is working now finally ;)

Dave

Guest alucard7

I've just installed it . And it's great . I have the same problem ,as you guys, with the batery . Fishears can you explain how to flash the update for the battery issue ?

If i understand right you have to enter to flashboot mode ( camera bottom +power on) ,extract the test.zip to your hard disk and then open cmd . In this part what commands sould i write ?

Guest mistermentality

I have noticed a few annoying bugs with this, I can reproduce them but wondering if they are affecting other users?

1. When connected to a computer and switched off the phone will automatically switch on

2. USB storage mode says it is on but never connects to pc (was working fine until the battery and ipv6 updates were applied)

3. Cannot unmount the sd card

Dave

Guest he6rt6gr6m
It is fixed with the new update. Also IPV6 support is added.

You can use the 2.1 LG IME keyboard on 2.2.

Just download this file:

LG IME Keyboard

Then shut down your phone and enter the recovery menu. (HOME + POWER)

In recovery menu, select "install zip from sdcard" then select "select zip from sdcard".

Then select the file and it will install the file to the system...

Then reboot the system.

Hope this helps...

Doesn't the recovery menu require that you install the Recovery.img file to the phone in Fastboot? Many people won't have done this, which is why they can't access the recovery menu, and only get a blank screen.

Guest alucard7
Doesn't the recovery menu require that you install the Recovery.img file to the phone in Fastboot? Many people won't have done this, which is why they can't access the recovery menu, and only get a blank screen.

Dude can you tell us how to install the recovery.img ;

Guest fishears
Dude can you tell us how to install the recovery.img ;

Either put your phone into fastboot (power off, hold camera + press power) then connect to pc, do "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" "fastboot reboot"

Or copy recovery.img to root of sd card and in terminal emulater app on phone type "su" then "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" "reboot"

Guest desmondkudo

Has anybody already try using data2sd on Boot v1.5 & System v4.4 because without that froyo still using much internal phone memory although we use to move program to sdcard, much better using apps2sd on eclair. Only install a few application like facebook, set cpu, quadrant, angry birds, ninjump(all game move to sdcard, program like facebook, setcpu, quadrant still on memory phone) my free phone memory only left 70 mb. on eclair with apps2sd, a lot of game my free phone memory still have > 90 mb. So we still need program like apps2sd on froyo. I found that a person with nick Partizan2311 on site http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=2...=0#entry6049301 give an explanation about using data2sd but a language is russian, i already try using google translate but still have a problem on point 7 (problem message : file already exists), i don't know why, search using google still don't have a answer, plz somebody help me