Omnia II problem

Guest cimbri

Guest cimbri

Hello to all

i need help with flashing, my phone originally came from A1, however, i did flash and unlocked now but im having problem with CSC file. since my country is not on the list (BOSNIA), i can choose proper. now no matter which csc im using when i try to go on the internet it dials to that country over gprs and also navigation. I enable "automatically detect connections" then i went to java>options then set connection as "the internet" also when i use CSC JA5 i cant find region free

anyone could advice me?, can phone work without CSC, is there a CSC for open market

right now i have this setup

PDA I8000NXXJG5

CSC I8888XEUJA5

Phone I8000XXJA3

Win. Mob 6.5

Regional settings Croatian

Guest Mach2003
Hello to all

i need help with flashing, my phone originally came from A1, however, i did flash and unlocked now but im having problem with CSC file. since my country is not on the list (BOSNIA), i can choose proper. now no matter which csc im using when i try to go on the internet it dials to that country over gprs and also navigation. I enable "automatically detect connections" then i went to java>options then set connection as "the internet" also when i use CSC JA5 i cant find region free

anyone could advice me?, can phone work without CSC, is there a CSC for open market

right now i have this setup

PDA I8000NXXJG5

CSC I8888XEUJA5

Phone I8000XXJA3

Win. Mob 6.5

Regional settings Croatian

The phone works just fine with the CSC removed. The only thing you miss is graphics when plugged into USB (charging, octans) when the phone is off.

A better solution is to re-build the CSC without any provider data in it (Wes' RomTool can be used for this).

You will also still have the imei{Country}.pfg files in your "factory" rom still, and these will be used based on the sim card, regardless of the CSC. The only way you can get rid of them is a custom built rom that has them removed. They contain all the default provider connection data for the specified country.

Guest cimbri
The phone works just fine with the CSC removed. The only thing you miss is graphics when plugged into USB (charging, octans) when the phone is off.

A better solution is to re-build the CSC without any provider data in it (Wes' RomTool can be used for this).

You will also still have the imei{Country}.pfg files in your "factory" rom still, and these will be used based on the sim card, regardless of the CSC. The only way you can get rid of them is a custom built rom that has them removed. They contain all the default provider connection data for the specified country.

is it difficult to play with Wes RomTool, im not good in such a thing

Guest Mach2003

I am set up only for I8000L, and don't know if the 'L' version CSC is usable on a non-L version phone.

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

The attached file is an empty CSC based on IJ6 rom, not that the version number will make any difference.

Flash it with octans.

I8000LXXXIJ6.zip

• 3 weeks later...

im not sure how to use wes rom tool nor that my phone is L version. how to remove csc file or is there another solution. please help because im not very good with phones and i try few shop in downtown, they telling me different story just to milk more money. due to this problem i cant use garmin either.

PLEASE HELP