[ROM] [eclair] Swedish Snow RLS1 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest dorren
Sweden3G is the network name for Telia and Tele2's 3G net, everytime you have a 3G connection active you connect to this network. Nothing to worry about. :unsure:

Oh B)

Didnt know that :angry:

Because in FF it says Telia :D

Well good to know thanks :o

Guest oh!dougal
Added AHB overclocking and original kernel addons. Also uploaded an complete image install that repartitions and installs the ROM at the same time (for those who KNOWS what it means, everyone else should ignore it).

Many thanks from your grateful audience! :angry:

Because in FF it says Telia B)

There has been a quirk with the prototype FroYo kernel systems whereby the network name shows up as the full name of the carrier (not the virtual network). eg in the UK 3 showing as Hutchison 3g Ltd and GiffGaff as O2 plc ...

Strange to find it in the latest 2.1 though ... maybe ... Seb's cynicism about ZTE's software management and control might have some justification ... :unsure:

Guest Samehere
There has been a quirk with the prototype FroYo kernel systems whereby the network name shows up as the full name of the carrier (not the virtual network). eg in the UK 3 showing as Hutchison 3g Ltd and GiffGaff as O2 plc ...

Strange to find it in the latest 2.1 though ... maybe ... Seb's cynicism about ZTE's software management and control might have some justification ... :unsure:

Didn't know that.

Well, for me it doesn't really matter if it says Tele2 AB/Sweden 3G instead of Comviq. As long as I have good enough reception on the phone. B)

---

Btw, the ROM works great so far. :angry:

It says "Welcome to Finnish Fillyjonk by kallt_kaffe" when applying it, though. :o

Edited by Samehere

Tested the overclock abilities it has rather low overclock ability, my HTC wildfire could overclock from 528 to 748MHz.

Now my ZTE Blade with SS, doesn't seem to be able to overclock more than 48MHz+ result I think it was around 648MHz. Does it mean I am one unlucky person to receive a phone with more impurity in the CPU?

Guest Arr Too
It asks me for SIM network unlock PIN

You will get this with a number of ROMs which are locked to a different operator than your SIM. Either unlock your phone or don't use the ROM.

Guest gambieter
It asks me for SIM network unlock PIN, which is s*cks, because I don't want to unlock my phone, even temporary.

Why not? With Arr Too's BladeUnlock utility, you can restore the SIMlock. I had to return a phone today, and made sure it was locked again with that utility, which worked like a treat (thanks, Arr Too!).

------------------

Question for kallt_kaffe: yesterday I repartitioned for Jap Jellyfish RLS5; the files in the Swedish Snow image ZIP are slightly different, is a repartition required (or at least advisable)? Thanks, great work :D

Edited by gambieter

Guest Tullen
So this doesn't offer much if at all over the FF Eclair rom? I'll stick with FF then. 768mhz OC with AHB Overclock, a hack to enable a primitive form of JIT, on FF RLS4 is netting me 650 or so on Quadrant, so I'm happy.

So, does anybody know if this rom can match this? I understand it as the oc and ahb has been added to this rom after cobhc made this statement, am I right? I wounder if the hack for primitive JIT that he mention is a part of this rom or if that is a hack anyone could link to. Also, does most Blade OC at 768?

Do I get it right if I run the image, it will format my partitions correct and install the rom. I then apply the AHB and use setCPU to OC. That should be it?

Is the hack for JIT hes talking about something I have to do, and then when and how?

Is it stupid to use the image if I have a 16 gig SDcard I can put the apps on? I have not learned how to partition the SDcard for this yet though.

Cheers/Tullen

Guest PeterDreher
Is it stupid to use the image if I have a 16 gig SDcard I can put the apps on? I have not learned how to partition the SDcard for this yet though.

A2SD, do it like this:

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...0/#entry1526711

Why should it be stupid to use it on your 16gig? A2sd has to be Ext-3. Thats why you partion it. Choose 512mb only if you like in Clockwork. Abot 15,5gb will be left as Fat32.

Other than that, yes just wipe cache and do factory defaults in Clockwork and install this rom with choose zip from sd card. Then do the same again but choose the AHB.zip. Thats all. Use SetCPU if you like

Guest oh!dougal
Is everyone happy with the Rom? Over 3000 views and no complaints, WOW!

Tell me!

Thanks

I'm happily 'just using it' while continually waiting for the next :D 2.2

Not much longer now ...

Guest gambieter
Any other comments on this ROM?

Seams to be rock-solid?!

Yes, I am very happy with this ROM and have installed it on 3 OSF's via the Total Phone Transfer, works like a treat ;)

Guest PeterDreher

Hey KALLT

Will you get the LEAD-Displays to work with this ROM?

What about your other ROMs and the LEAD-Display (like in the Swiss Phones)???

Thanks a lot!

TFT:

IC: NT35580

Glass: LEAD

TFT:

IC:HX8369

Glass:TRULY

OLED:

IC: TL2796

Glass: Samsung

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest jurrasstoil
Hey KALLT

Thanks a lot!

TFT:

TFT:

OLED:

+1

i have a LEAD TFT as well ;) especially support for LEAD in you jellyfish rom would be super awesome

Edited by jurrasstoil

Guest kallt_kaffe
Hey KALLT

Thanks a lot!

TFT:

TFT:

OLED:

Try this boot.img and report back. It's the swiss kernel packup up with the swedish snow initrd.

boot_lead.zip

Guest kallt_kaffe
does the custom kernel have the required netfilter bits for tethering.

No and if it I compile a kernel with the necessary bits then the Wifi driver stops working.

would jellyfish's kernel work with swedish snow?

Not sure, perhaps if you also used the wifi driver from 2.2. But I doubt it will work without issues.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest damjan006

E

added the following to the build.prop

pretty nippy now

I have been using this rom to and I am really happy with it. Thanks for

For the build.prop addon it really makes a difference. Do you think its posible to enable JIT on this ROM?

Edit:

After the build.prop changes I kind a ran into problems.

Have you tried the youtube player? I only get black and white picture and its kinda jerky, everything else its ok.

Edited by damjan006