[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest tedkord
Here is test 5, its 23569 (6.5.5) and has minimal Sense in it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/kD1HShzZ/AMDZe...SkinnySens.html

What is minimal sense? What's different?

Also, how do you tie the commanager to the phone key long press? Soea this need to be set up in the .nb0, or can I change it to anything I like after the flash? Thanks.

Edited by tedkord

Guest the sandman

Test 5 problem: "SIM card missing" when replying to text using HTC Messaging, have to send texts through default text messenger. This is all I noticed so far

A good thing is that LED notifications are working again. I guess that the problem has to do with HTC Messenger on the other roms

This version is really stripped: Only the Home, People, Messages, Mail, and Weather tabs are on it. This does make Sense faster, but I'm into Sense cuz of the eye candy. And I really love the HTC Messenger app and I hate the default windows texting app with a passion

Guest xlightwaverx
Test 5 problem: "SIM card missing" when replying to text using HTC Messaging, have to send texts through default text messenger. This is all I noticed so far

A good thing is that LED notifications are working again. I guess that the problem has to do with HTC Messenger on the other roms

This version is really stripped: Only the Home, People, Messages, Mail, and Weather tabs are on it. This does make Sense faster, but I'm into Sense cuz of the eye candy. And I really love the HTC Messenger app and I hate the default windows texting app with a passion

Well that little HTC Messenger App can be a little B***h sometimes :( I gotta get stuff working with it on my end cause it's being a pain. Sometimes leaving stuff out is easier than spending days trying to make something work.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest amdzero
What is minimal sense? What's different?

Also, how do you tie the commanager to the phone key long press? Soea this need to be set up in the .nb0, or can I change it to anything I like after the flash? Thanks.

I left a LOT out by request. To me it doesn't seem any faster.

Besides the minimal tabs (Home, People, Messaging, Email, Weather) I removed HTC Messaging (yes thats why it says sim card problem).

I removed the eye candy flip clock (only flips when minutes change).

I cooked in some Cache settings (still didn't see a difference).

It does give a little more free ram, but its at the expense of some serious usability.

The commanager in my roms is mapped via long send key press, this is done in my sense roms, but it doesn't have to be cooked in.

I'm just using vjbrisk and renaming it to voicerecognition.exe

http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJBrisk

Guest gbeirn

Is GPS working correctly with theres? I am unable to choose GPS data ports or set baud rate. The only option is GPS program port.

Unrelated, in the samsung settings, The Phone/Bluetooth/WiFi settings do not do anything. Meaning I tap on them and nothing opens.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest amdzero
Is GPS working correctly with theres? I am unable to choose GPS data ports or set baud rate. The only option is GPS program port.

Unrelated, in the samsung settings, The Phone/Bluetooth/WiFi settings do not do anything. Meaning I tap on them and nothing opens.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

GPS does work, no you can't change the ports, theres really no need as windows will detect the ports. You just have to make sure you turn location on.

Start Menu->Settings->Personal->Phone->Services->GPS->Location On

The phone/bluetooth/wifi settings have been removed, I really didn't want to include samsung settings at all. Those settings can be changed from windows settings. I only included samsung settings upon request.

Here are the missing settings if you still want to use samsung settings.

AMDZero_sam_bt_ph_wifi_set.zip

Guest gbeirn
GPS does work, no you can't change the ports, theres really no need as windows will detect the ports. You just have to make sure you turn location on.

Start Menu->Settings->Personal->Phone->Services->GPS->Location On

The phone/bluetooth/wifi settings have been removed, I really didn't want to include samsung settings at all. Those settings can be changed from windows settings. I only included samsung settings upon request.

Here are the missing settings if you still want to use samsung settings.

AMDZero_sam_bt_ph_wifi_set.zip

Thanks I didn't realize you had taken all that out. Thanks for the clarification. I did also find a problem when starting Windows Media Player that lockscreen.exe can not be found.

Edit: I should say, thanks for making this. I really do appreciate these lite versions. I don't mean to pick out bugs to criticize but to help improve them.

Edited by gbeirn

Guest yieldsign2

Is it normal to experience a long lag before the keyboard starts working in texts, even if you've used texts recently? Just wondering if it hast o do with this htc keyboard.. or my phone.

Guest tedkord

AMD, do you have a .cab for the HTC ComManager/WIFI Router in your roms. I thought I had it, but the one I have doesn't work quite right - no tab for data connection.

Guest amdzero
AMD, do you have a .cab for the HTC ComManager/WIFI Router in your roms. I thought I had it, but the one I have doesn't work quite right - no tab for data connection.

do you mean do I have a cab for commanager wifi router for use NOT in my sense roms?

Guest tedkord
do you mean do I have a cab for commanager wifi router for use NOT in my sense roms?

Yeah, I guess that is what I mean. I am trying Xlightwaver's newest ROM with his patch for a bit (the patch bungled my install on your latest test 4). I installed it on here, and used vjbrisk (what a great find this is - thanks for it.) to assign it to the long send key press, but it doesn't show a data switch, only phone, wifi router, etc...

Guest amdzero
Yeah, I guess that is what I mean. I am trying Xlightwaver's newest ROM with his patch for a bit (the patch bungled my install on your latest test 4). I installed it on here, and used vjbrisk (what a great find this is - thanks for it.) to assign it to the long send key press, but it doesn't show a data switch, only phone, wifi router, etc...

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/314439/...e-roms/page/20/

post #23

Guest mdkpnj

I've been running test5 since the weekend, and it runs well and sense definitely seems faster and seems to use less ram. This might be a sense rom I can stick with, usually the way sense eats ram causes me to have to switch back to a stock or lite rom. I have two questions though;

1. Is the test5 skinny sense supposed to work with CHT and CHTeditor? It seems to, but every oce in a while it freezes when they are insatlled.

2. I cannot change the background image. I get the dialog box to select the image I want, clock OK, and I get returned to the 'Set Wallpaper' page and nothing happened. Was that capability removed?

Thank you.

Guest amdzero
I've been running test5 since the weekend, and it runs well and sense definitely seems faster and seems to use less ram. This might be a sense rom I can stick with, usually the way sense eats ram causes me to have to switch back to a stock or lite rom. I have two questions though;

1. Is the test5 skinny sense supposed to work with CHT and CHTeditor? It seems to, but every oce in a while it freezes when they are insatlled.

2. I cannot change the background image. I get the dialog box to select the image I want, clock OK, and I get returned to the 'Set Wallpaper' page and nothing happened. Was that capability removed?

Thank you.

1. I've not tried cht, I removed quite abit so It may or may not work

2. The background image will not change, as I removed the album and photopicker from the build.

Guest blkvoid

first i would like to thank you AMD for all your hard work. your roms are mind blowing! im using your latest sense rom on omnia i920 and the only issue i have is with the email. is syncing the phone to the pc the only way i can get my email messages on my phone? tried many different suggestions and still nothing. any help would be appreciated. btw the phone has been flashed to cricket.

Edited by blkvoid

Guest amdzero
first i would like to thank you AMD for all your hard work. your roms are mind blowing! im using your latest sense rom on omnia i920 and the only issue i have is with the email. is syncing the phone to the pc the only way i can get my email messages on my phone? tried many different suggestions and still nothing. any help would be appreciated. btw the phone has been flashed to cricket.

is anyone else having problems with email? I tried it and it works fine for me.

Guest ultralight23
is anyone else having problems with email? I tried it and it works fine for me.

POP accounts are fine but not exchange server accounts, tried in windows default with same results.

Guest mdkpnj
POP accounts are fine but not exchange server accounts, tried in windows default with same results.

I'm syncing with an exchange server (push email) with no problems. Synching mail, calendar and tasks.

The only messaging oddity I see in the Test5 Sense rom is that the SMS indicator does not work (does not show how many unread sms or mms message.

Guest Felbdogg

Hows it goin! Been a while since Ive checked in and I see the Rom has came quite a ways since I was here last! Ive been running Test 2 for I think 3 months now and haven't had any problems at all!!! Great work AMD and I am updating to Test 3 now. I tried Test 4 but I don't like 6.5.5 really

• 1 month later...
Guest andychoi

Eveything runs well, but have problem in youtube playing. Program seems working but fail to play actual video.

Any idea?

• 2 months later...
Guest Stylii

Eveything runs well, but have problem in youtube playing. Program seems working but fail to play actual video.

Any idea?

I am using AMDZero's Test4 Ultralite 6.5.5 ROM and although I have the same problem with Youtube, I have found everything else I care about works well. This is currently my ROM of choice. It supports Exchange email, Opera 10, HTC Sense-Style messaging, contacts, photos and calendar. I'm also using CHT 2.00 which works well combined with the Elegancia V2 theme for CHT by Dunc001 found on page 8 of this thread. There are still occasional Sense restarts and lock-ups, but overall, this has been the best performance I've had using Sense.

Here are a few of screen shots of the ROM:

post-677040-0-97915700-1312059911_thumb. post-677040-0-15217700-1312059941_thumb. post-677040-0-63176500-1312059970_thumb. post-677040-0-92695200-1312060268_thumb.

post-677040-0-36942500-1312060462_thumb. post-677040-0-05369600-1312060504_thumb. post-677040-0-89912800-1312060535_thumb. post-677040-0-70444200-1312060569_thumb.

• 2 months later...

I just flashed to 6.5 ultralite test 3 and loving it but my text messages arent working. When I go to click on a text nothing happens and when i go to menu and select new nothing happens either so my text messages have been rendered useless. Has anybody had this happen to them and know the fix. ill probly try using a 3rd party sms program but i really prefer to use samsung if possible. Also email works fine, it syncs and opens email.

Edited by ac7822

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Felbdogg

Hey AMDZero!! Great work on this ROM. I have been using it since it came out obviously and no problems yet with this ROM on my phone! :) My only question is how do I get my phone to work with Zune so I can download the apps off the marketplace... or is that only for windows 7 phones?? They changed the marketplace at www.windowsphone.com and makes you have use Zune to download apps now... I have the marketplace installed on my phone and everything else that I have seen that may help but Zune still just says No Device Connected but I can use Windows Media Player to sync music to my phone... any advice would be helpful :) The only app that I am looking for is "iheartradio" but can't find a cab file to download it.