[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest nvrmind

So far, everything I've listed is in Omnia settings, bleh... However, I just noticed that the headphone dialog doesn't come up when you plug in headphones/tv-out/headset.

Thanks

Guest ultralight23

OK so my Exchange Server finally connected through ActiveSync. Weird but for a couple of days it wasn't there even though my colleagues were still connected and woke up this morning and it was connected.

Cool, it still does the slide to answer when locked and dropped icon notifications when locked but i guess those are winmo thingies.

Edited by ultralight23

Guest xlightwaverx
So far, everything I've listed is in Omnia settings, bleh... However, I just noticed that the headphone dialog doesn't come up when you plug in headphones/tv-out/headset.

Thanks

AMD is missing some required EXE's :D

X

Edit: XOCommonDialog.exe

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest ultralight23
flash player error? I didn't think we had a flash player on winmo.

I say "flash player" cause it only happens when i open a page with a embedded video such as pocketpccentral (i think that is the name). But some kind of player error popped up when the page was loading.

I really appreciate you dissecting this rom to this, it gives me a chance to build up my phone the way i want it. Most of what i need i can install myself or tweak the registry and other things missing don't affect my use. To give you an idea of the stuff i installed my ROM is at 275 and initial boot settles to 90mb of RAM. I used my phone all day working GPS (waze and weather radar), the web , multiple correspondences and just fuddling with my phone and by the end of the work day my RAM was at 69...without a reset.

Who knows, i may still give your Sence ROM another try if i can something close to this.

Thanks a bunch. Oh and i haven't seen any bugs yet (just the ones i've created). Your up for another high octane!

Guest amdzero
I say "flash player" cause it only happens when i open a page with a embedded video such as pocketpccentral (i think that is the name). But some kind of player error popped up when the page was loading.

I really appreciate you dissecting this rom to this, it gives me a chance to build up my phone the way i want it. Most of what i need i can install myself or tweak the registry and other things missing don't affect my use. To give you an idea of the stuff i installed my ROM is at 275 and initial boot settles to 90mb of RAM. I used my phone all day working GPS (waze and weather radar), the web , multiple correspondences and just fuddling with my phone and by the end of the work day my RAM was at 69...without a reset.

Who knows, i may still give your Sence ROM another try if i can something close to this.

Thanks a bunch. Oh and i haven't seen any bugs yet (just the ones i've created). Your up for another high octane!

I think the embedded video has something to do with launching ASPlayer. It is deffinately a video program, I don't think its touch player, but it also could be mve. I'll look into it.

Things are going slow, lots of work lately. I haven't forgotten this project, its just taking more time than expected.

Guest Felbdogg

Does anyone know where to find the .cab file for the G Sensor? Ive downloaded this ROM and it works great!! Wish it had Swype and wish the Dice game would work but other than that works fine for me! I have tried the Orientation Detection that doesnt help. Also downloaded Swype_WP7_Skin_WVGA_FULL and smi_wm_pro_sdk_redist_2_0_0 but it tells me cant load English and doesnt let it load at all...

Edited by Felbdogg

Thanks AMD for the 6.5 love. ;) Trying out this ROM. It seems to work just fine for what I do.

I have put back Main Menu, which works fine with cab or just dropping the .exe into Windows, but Settings icon is looking for Samsung Settings.

Also AwsomeStart works, allowing "Move to Top" for apps, but not for Settings. With NinjaMenu 6.5, I've got about 3 Main or Start options all working at once.

Also using NinjaBlue Theme for white text on black background. (Does that save battery? Seems like it might for AmoLED.)

How do I make the X close the programs? I am used to doing that in Samsung Settings.

EDIT: Long press closes, I just prefer a Tap to close.

I would like Swype back, maybe 3.9, or is there a newer version? There are 3.9 cabs. Mine is working. Hopefully this is OK to mention as it is supposed to be in there anyway.

SMS "Add recipient" "Call Log" doesn't work. SMS is working, though.

Will test GAlarm over a few days. Worked this AM with imported settings.

EDIT: GAlarm has never failed with Test 1 or Test 2.

Edited by Robtao

Advanced Config is working for me.

Not sure if I want Samsung phone or not. I like it, and I think it helps make some things work. Probably the SMS>Select Contact>call log button, for one.

I do like Voice Recorder. CAB would be fine, espc. if it works from My Storage.

I don't know if I want Sense or not. Not sure it is worth the memory. I can do without Titanium.

Edit: Liking Sense better than I thought. Maybe it wasn't fully working when I tried it before.

Quick Menu always works after install, but not after a soft reset. (X button stops working, Windows logo quits launching QMenu)

I guess I can learn to hold (rather than tap) the X button to Close. Or there is probably a registry setting.

Phone Weaver is probably making my experience different. It does a lot of backlight control.

Memory around 322/98 after closing everything and after QM Hibernate (mem reclaim). I probably need to give this some use time to settle.

How do I create a link for the sliding lock, and lose the pin one?

EDIT: SmartLock cab is working for me.

Edited by Robtao

Guest amdzero
Thanks AMD for the 6.5 love. ;) Trying out this ROM. It seems to work just fine for what I do.

I have put back Main Menu, which works fine with cab or just dropping the .exe into Windows, but Settings icon is looking for Samsung Settings.

Also AwsomeStart works, allowing "Move to Top" for apps, but not for Settings. With NinjaMenu 6.5, I've got about 3 Main or Start options all working at once.

Also using NinjaBlue Theme for white text on black background. (Does that save battery? Seems like it might for AmoLED.)

How do I make the X close the programs? I am used to doing that in Samsung Settings.

I would like Swype back, maybe 3.9, or is there a newer version? There are 3.9 cabs. Mine is working. Hopefully this is OK to mention as it is supposed to be in there anyway.

SMS "Add recipient" "Call Log" doesn't work. SMS is working, though.

Will test GAlarm over a few days. Worked this AM with imported settings.

The call log will fail, as it is a samsung product, pointing to samsung contacts, which is not installed. That should be okay, as I'm intending to put sense on this baby.

Who knows if this will all end in tragic failure, only time will tell.

Guest amdzero

Just an update to whoever may be looking forward to this. I've got sense from LEO installed, I'm just troubleshooting a few things and it should be good to go. This will be another test build so feel free to post anything you want in/out/modded for the 6.5 sense rom I'm trying to create.

Guest the sandman
Just an update to whoever may be looking forward to this. I've got sense from LEO installed, I'm just troubleshooting a few things and it should be good to go. This will be another test build so feel free to post anything you want in/out/modded for the 6.5 sense rom I'm trying to create.

Yessss! The only thing i can think of that i would want added in the rom is the Samsung Settings. Looking forward to the release

Guest Felbdogg
Yessss! The only thing i can think of that i would want added in the rom is the Samsung Settings. Looking forward to the release

I agree the settings would be nice. I also have problems with multimedia messages. And everything else works but the keyboard is little so hard to txt...

Guest ultralight23
I agree the settings would be nice. I also have problems with multimedia messages. And everything else works but the keyboard is little so hard to txt...

I know what you mean, have you tried fingertouch by teksoft? you can change the size of the keyboard (font size) and five default keyboard styles to set as default. Seems like a nice kb so far but haven't found where the colon is located.

I do like the wm keyboard though cause you can use finger gestures for backspace, forward, etc.

I've been able to work around most samsung setting with reg tweaks except tv out (which i don't use) or usb to active sync (which i also don't use cause i use exchange server).

Amd, i've been hitting alot of sites where i get "corrupt flash player content" window when i enter, its happened quite a few times. Am guessing its my phone, any ideas?

I am thinking it might be better just to find out what is missing and add it, since so much of that is redundant.

Like I would like to add X button close, but do I really need Samsung Settings just for that? But if it is small, no problem I guess.

Who knows if this will all end in tragic failure, only time will tell.

Seems like a success so far. I wouldn't hang it all on sense. I might vote for a sense-less version.

Guest xlightwaverx
Seems like a success so far. I wouldn't hang it all on sense. I might vote for a sense-less version.

You know what would be really good? Taking Samsung Settings, and a registry dump, then altering everything you can via Samsung Settings, and do another registry dump, then compare what Samsung Settings actually controls for registry entries, and then build via VS your own lightweight AMDZERO SETTINGS APP. ;)

I know, I got you excited... but in all reality, bluetooth and WIFI are controlled by Samsung Settings. Unless you plan on ditching EVERYTHING SAMSUNG, cause most stuff needs to coexist... like, even the camera needs Communities to to fully function, and the samsung dialer needs widgetplus for favorites (cause the favs are actually widgets), and even the dialer needs the Samsung Photo Album just to have the engine that adds pics to your contacts...

I can see it now, O2Config by AMDZero... with credits for the name by xlightwaverx :)

X

Guest the sandman
You know what would be really good? Taking Samsung Settings, and a registry dump, then altering everything you can via Samsung Settings, and do another registry dump, then compare what Samsung Settings actually controls for registry entries, and then build via VS your own lightweight AMDZERO SETTINGS APP. ;)

I know, I got you excited... but in all reality, bluetooth and WIFI are controlled by Samsung Settings. Unless you plan on ditching EVERYTHING SAMSUNG, cause most stuff needs to coexist... like, even the camera needs Communities to to fully function, and the samsung dialer needs widgetplus for favorites (cause the favs are actually widgets), and even the dialer needs the Samsung Photo Album just to have the engine that adds pics to your contacts...

I can see it now, O2Config by AMDZero... with credits for the name by xlightwaverx :)

X

This looks like something that's easier said than done, but maybe that's only cuz I have no skills at this kind of stuff lol. Regardless, this sounds like a great idea

Guest amdzero
This looks like something that's easier said than done, but maybe that's only cuz I have no skills at this kind of stuff lol. Regardless, this sounds like a great idea

This does sound like a good idea, however I am a bit busy tweaking this new sense rom.

Btw, samsung settings is back in. also put the imago dialer, and htc keyboard.swype is back in.and I'm working on messaging now. This is coming along nicely, but I don't think I'll be able to free much more ram. I don't plan on putting icon mods, nor will out have a anastasia theme. Once it tests out well I plan on posting up the entire kitchen.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate.