ZTE BLADE series-Froyo kernel(2.6.32) source code

Guest agpoli

Guest isambard

downloaded from the multiupload mirror:

7a0a154208a5d66d6d0753f0d99011d5 blade_kernel_2.6.32-20110106.tar.gz

will confirm md5sum also of the ZTE site download once it completes.

Guest galorin

Debating taking a look at this. I've had my phone for 3 weeks now, put a custom ROM on, new batt. icon etc. I've been a Slackware kind of guy for years, so the compiling kernels thing is nothing new, but building up ROMs is. Just need to figure out how to join that party I guess.

Guest Simon O

This might help people. I've extracted configs from the Froyo kernels (2 Chinese, one Japanese) and changed the address in the second Chinese and Japanese to the one used by our devices "CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x02A00000"

Chinese kernels: 2nd September 2010, 11th October 2010

Japanese kernel: 10th December 2010

configs.zip

Edited by flibblesan

Guest kallt_kaffe

I'm still untar:ing on my rather slow virtual build enviroment. If anyone is about to compile, here's the .config from the dumped 003Z kernel.

Change CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET to 0x02A00000.

Change the 0x02500000 address in arch/arm/mach-msm/board-zte-blade.c to 0x02900000 (I keep forgetting the name but it should be easy to find).

Also change the 0x0260xxxx references in arch/arm/mach-msm/Makefile.boot to 0x02A0xxxx

(this is all from guessing what they have changed as I haven't looked at the new code yet.

EDIT: My guesses seems pretty spot on. Currently compiling.

newkernel_config.txt

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Simon O
Debating taking a look at this. I've had my phone for 3 weeks now, put a custom ROM on, new batt. icon etc. I've been a Slackware kind of guy for years, so the compiling kernels thing is nothing new, but building up ROMs is. Just need to figure out how to join that party I guess.

Go for it. Jon_V is going to whack this onto github which everyone should be using. Then we can get a proper kernel dev team going and fix bugs :unsure:

Guest Simon O
I'm still untar:ing on my rather slow virtual build enviroment. If anyone is about to compile, here's the .config from the dumped 003Z kernel.

Change CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET to 0x02A00000.

Change the 0x02500000 address in arch/arm/mach-msm/board-zte-blade.c to 0x02900000 (I keep forgetting the name but it should be easy to find).

Also change the 0x0260xxxx references in arch/arm/mach-msm/Makefile.boot to 0x02A0xxxx

(this is all from guessing what they have changed as I haven't looked at the new code yet.

Thanks for posting that. I've not even installed Ubuntu yet to take a look :unsure:

Guest Elky69
Go for it. Jon_V is going to whack this onto github

Superb, all working from the same place is the way forward.

My Dev PC has had to go back to DELL again, so it will be next week before I can join the fun properly.

Guest Sebastian404

I should of prepared for this.... Im just watching Norton Ghost Clone my laptop's internal drive to a 1TB I picked up the other day.... 8 hours to go!! woah!

Guest Frankish

Yeah please guys all work together to make a perfect kernel. No one man glory hunts, you guys have the knowledge combined to make this perfect i'm sure.

Thanks for everything so far. My contributions are so pathetic compared to what you guys can do :unsure:

Guest Simon O
Yeah please guys all work together to make a perfect kernel. No one man glory hunts, you guys have the knowledge combined to make this perfect i'm sure.

Thanks for everything so far. My contributions are so pathetic compared to what you guys can do :unsure:

I agree. Everyone should get on github once Jon_V gives the go ahead, fork it, fix stuff and merge into upstream :angry:

And if you didn't understand any of that.. why are you compiling a kernel? B)

Guest Frankish
I agree. Everyone should get on github once Jon_V gives the go ahead, fork it, fix stuff and merge into upstream B)

And if you didn't understand any of that.. why are you compiling a kernel? :unsure:

I hope you're getting involved then :angry:

Guest Swimmerboy
I agree. Everyone should get on github once Jon_V gives the go ahead, fork it, fix stuff and merge into upstream B)

And if you didn't understand any of that.. why are you compiling a kernel? :unsure:

I know exactly what you're talking about - all these newbs!

I decided to "go ahead" and flash the kernel source via recovery so my phone is now "forked", gonna try and "fix stuff" and if that doesn't work throw it into a river "upstream" and say it was stolen :angry:

*The above post may contain factual inaccuracies in its entirety

Guest Simon O
I know exactly what you're talking about - all these newbs!

I decided to "go ahead" and flash the kernel source via recovery so my phone is now "forked", gonna try and "fix stuff" and if that doesn't work throw it into a river "upstream" and say it was stolen B)

*The above post may contain factual inaccuracies in its entirety

Man is this was Facebook I'd so like your post :unsure:

Guest SWOriginal

Haven't been on github since ive got my phone (had no real need to use my laptop thanks to android) (was only working on the graphics side of things on the emesene dev builds). might have to start helping out again before my laptop dies of dust!

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest kallt_kaffe

I agree, this time we should organize things a bit better. I suppose I need some kind of account on github then? I've used git on Sourceforge and Linuxtogo before but I don't think I have a github account (yet). Should be a walk-in-the-park to port my overclocking code but first things first... A working kernel first!

Guest Frankish
I agree, this time we should organize things a bit better. I suppose I need some kind of account on github then? I've used git on Sourceforge and Linuxtogo before but I don't think I have a github account (yet). Should be a walk-in-the-park to port my overclocking code but first things first... A working kernel first!

Yeah just getting it to boot should be priority :unsure: You are already thinking ahead. B)

Guest Sebastian404

you could create some repos for your 2.1 kernal overclocking stuff....

Guest Simon O

Yeh get github and fork :unsure:

Guest nvidiax

Woop! Woop!

I've got knowledge of linux + java, but never made a rom, so I think i'll skip this for now :unsure:

Can't wait for the overclocking + froyo B)