[PROJ] osKitchen Zero Omnia II Mod

Guest fardjad

Guest fardjad

Description:

osKitchen Zero by airxtreme is one of the best visual kitchens used by cookers. I decided to cook an Omnia II ROM using this kitchen but due to some compatibility issues I made a few customizations and modified it, So it can import Sorg’s dskdump output file and build the ROM which just boots up!

What I’ve done:

1. Made a handy tool helps you easily convert rom_dump.bin (from Sorg’s dskdump) to NB file that can be imported to osKitchen.

2. Since osKitchen makes NB ROMs I’ve added an option to convert these NBs to NB0.

So that you can easily start osKitchen, import your rom_dump file and build your rom with one click!

Cool! How it works?

osKitchen uses bepe’s platformrebuilder which is not compatible with Omnia II kernel (nk.exe). it will automatically replaces this file with a compatible one to prevent platformrebuilder crash but you should use a ported Omnia II xip.bin with this Kitchen or your ROM won’t boot. (You should just tell this application where this ported xip.bin is and it will do the rest).

Known Issues:

The cooked ROM boots up but this kitchen won’t relocate SYS modules. (Help needed!)

How to use:

1. Open osko2hgui.exe

2. I’ve already included a ported xip.bin but you can choose another one by clicking on “Use Custom XIP Kernel…”

3. Then Click on BIN --> NB and choose the "rom_dump.bin" and it converts the chosen file to NB.

4. Click osKitchen… and choose the NB file you’ve made on the previous step.

5. After you built your ROM, close osKitchen and choose NB --> NB0 and select osKitchen output file.

6. Open Octans Downloader by clicking on its button and Flash...!

Notes:

You can try running this application as Administrator if you have problems.

To use Octans downloader on Windows 7 you should set its compatibility options. (Follow this instruction).

Feel free to contact me if you have a question or if you're interested in this project and want to help :D

Download Link:

Hotfile

Screenshots in Post #2 (Thanks soroush0313)

Edited by fardjad

Guest soroush0313

Yeah it works. Thanks! Post some screenshots!

I have two questions:

1. Which nk.exe it uses to prevent platformrebuilder crash?

2. How did you port the custom XIP?

Guest fardjad
Yeah it works. Thanks! Post some screenshots!

I have two questions:

1. Which nk.exe it uses to prevent platformrebuilder crash?

2. How did you port the custom XIP?

I've Extracted it from Leo shipped rom. It's located on "Resources\O2\nk.exe". It doesn't matter which nk.exe you use, since you use a Custom XIP Kernel.

You can follow this guide or simply use the one generated on wes58 Rom Tool (<TEMPLATE_FOLDER>\XIPtools\xip_out.bin)

I've already included the ported XIP kernel from JH2 firmware.

Also it would be OK if you take the screenshots... I'm not on at my computer right now.

Edited by fardjad

No one interested in testing and feed us back ... ? :D

i have stopped cooking i8000 ROMs for a while, or i would give it a crack. but it is a good idea to have another cooking method. and thanks both of you.

about relocate SYS module, you might wanna look into wes58's kitchen's tool folder :P

Guest fardjad
i have stopped cooking i8000 ROMs for a while, or i would give it a crack. but it is a good idea to have another cooking method. and thanks both of you.

about relocate SYS module, you might wanna look into wes58's kitchen's tool folder :P

You meant ExtReloc? It needs imageinfo.txt files. osKitchen uses XIDump to extract rom dumps. So it won't create these files. I've patched the osKitchen executable to use imgfstodumpxxx (I can't publish the patched executable without airxtreme permission) but I still need an "ExtReloc How To" :D

Edited by fardjad

Guest soroush0313

Hello Dear Lancez. It's really good to see you here! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest carion07

Subject to the idea of being able to use this great kitchen teases me for Omnia 2. I used as the base rom I8000NXXJJ1 WM 6.5

much, and I tried to segura step by step everything, but I have a few things clear:

1 xip.bin that there is in Resources\O2\ must be that of 'Omnia 2?

2 I took a second official htc rom and replaced in leo nk.exe ResourcesO2

3 in C:\ osKitchen O2 Mod\Sources\Devices\Samsung GT-I8000\Profiles\default

I imported the original xip.bin of 'Omnia OEMXIPKERNEL and copied the folder in C: \osKitchen O2 Mod\Sources\Devices\Samsung GT-I8000Profiles\default

How come if I leave Os original rom dump everything goes 'ok until you get the pda file, but if I try to use an OS more' like the recent 21911 platformrebuilder the crash!

:(

Edited by carion07

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carion07
Subject to the idea of being able to use this great kitchen teases me for Omnia 2. I used as the base rom I8000NXXJJ1 WM 6.5

much, and I tried to segura step by step everything, but I have a few things clear:

1 xip.bin that there is in Resources\O2\ must be that of 'Omnia 2?

2 I took a second official htc rom and replaced in leo nk.exe ResourcesO2

3 in C:\ osKitchen O2 Mod\Sources\Devices\Samsung GT-I8000\Profiles\default

I imported the original xip.bin of 'Omnia OEMXIPKERNEL and copied the folder in C: \osKitchen O2 Mod\Sources\Devices\Samsung GT-I8000Profiles\default

How come if I leave Os original rom dump everything goes 'ok until you get the pda file, but if I try to use an OS more' like the recent 21911 platformrebuilder the crash!

:D

:( Ok I solved the problem now the kitchen works, but not good initflash.dat processes and registry keys