[GUIDE] Common Problems / Questions / FAQ

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest StevenHarperUK
Mines been doing things like this since day 1 with the stock rom! Starting to think the phone is faulty or my 10 month old sim?! ARGH

Did you see my response - try a 2.2 ROM with a new source kernel

Guest androidfish

Maybe a question like...

"Why has <app> vanished from the android market?"

It's a little advertised 'feature', but playing around with Android too much can end up with with some apps becoming unavailable on the Android market (copy protected ones). Certainly surprised me the first time I found this out.

I don't know what the state of play is with most of the custom roms on this site, but might be something worth adding to the rom table if it varies much?

Guest Arr Too
It's a little advertised 'feature', but playing around with Android too much can end up with with some apps becoming unavailable on the Android market (copy protected ones). Certainly surprised me the first time I found this out.

It's to do with the "fingerprint" that the ROM is set to advertise to the Market. That controls what is shown to you as available apps. Things change over time so the same fingerprint may have a different set of apps from one day to the next, although usually this will be the addition of apps that have been shown to be compatible. For example, for quite a long time after the San Fran was released the Market did not have Angry Birds available, even with the stock Orange ROM.

Guest UncleFista
Did you see my response - try a 2.2 ROM with a new source kernel

I saw it, but I'd been running the new kernel for a couple of days with no change ;(

Guest fi_pinkangel

I am having probelms with my san francisco phone, when i try to send a text through messages and input the contact from the phones memory it fails. If i go to the contacts section then select a contact then select send SMS it sends ok. Why doesn't it work when i go to messages and try to input the contact from the phones memory?

I have unlocked the phone and am using a giffgaff sim card but have made no other alterations.

I am using Android 2.1.

awesome work steven! :P

you could add a sort of q:

i want to change how my phone's screen looks like :D

maybe add a link to the themes and design part of the forum?

Guest StevenHarperUK
awesome work steven! :P

you could add a sort of q:

i want to change how my phone's screen looks like :D

maybe add a link to the themes and design part of the forum?

Good Idea - ta - adding....

Guest StevenHarperUK
how about, i want to go back to stock without superuser and clockwork present after doings (hopefully a waty to do it if your usb is damaged as well)

Yes that can be done with a TPT that is ALL stock - we only have an Hungarian one at the moment - see TPT's

When the community produces Stock TPT's I will add this - promise :D

I am having probelms with my san francisco phone, when i try to send a text through messages and input the contact from the phones memory it fails. If i go to the contacts section then select a contact then select send SMS it sends ok. Why doesn't it work when i go to messages and try to input the contact from the phones memory?

I have unlocked the phone and am using a giffgaff sim card but have made no other alterations.

I am using Android 2.1.

I've funny texting issues like that since day one - on 2 different roms

Guest spaceguy

i have a question about (I want to use A2SD but what do I do) i do everything using minitool partition wizard, i do the FAT32 partition first and the ext2 after but when i apply everything i can't reach the FAT32 partition in windows. i understand that i can't see the ext2 partition i windows but why can't i see the other partition. when i mount the card into my phone the phone reject it saying it's broken and that i have to formate it.

mybe you can help me with this problem, appreciate it :D

thanks

edit: nevermind i fixed it but its not mounting, why?:P

post-798208-1294840181_thumb.png

Edited by spaceguy

Guest StevenHarperUK
i have a question about (I want to use A2SD but what do I do) i do everything using minitool partition wizard, i do the FAT32 partition first and the ext2 after but when i apply everything i can't reach the FAT32 partition in windows. i understand that i can't see the ext2 partition i windows but why can't i see the other partition. when i mount the card into my phone the phone reject it saying it's broken and that i have to formate it.

mybe you can help me with this problem, appreciate it :D

thanks

edit: nevermind i fixed it but its not mounting, why?:P

The FAT32 Disk MUST be before the EXT2 one - I think thats your problem.

Guest Per Ã…kesson

Thanks for excellent list. I wish to add the following:

No ringtone in headset for incoming call or SMS.

In both original handsfree and other headsets.

I tried various settings.

Apparently other people have same problem.

I bought mine in Sweden in December.

Yes that can be done with a TPT that is ALL stock - we only have an Hungarian one at the moment - see TPT's

When the community produces Stock TPT's I will add this - promise :D

sorry but what is TPT?

Guest StevenHarperUK
sorry but what is TPT?

See the glossary sticky for a full description.

Basically its a zip file that contains an update that completely resets a phone.

Hi All,

Need help on MMS ! Unable to send MMS.

I can see all the APNs setting are correctly installed in Setting / Wireless & Network Settings / Mobile Network settings / GSM/UMTS Options / Access Point Names /

however there is no option to set or choose them on the messaging apps?

Thanks

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi All,

Need help on MMS ! Unable to send MMS.

I can see all the APNs setting are correctly installed in Setting / Wireless & Network Settings / Mobile Network settings / GSM/UMTS Options / Access Point Names /

however there is no option to set or choose them on the messaging apps?

Thanks

You need to click the phones MENU button (hard button) then choose Add APN

Guest StevenHarperUK

Not connecting to 3G/ Cant get Data/ Cant send MMS

If you cannot get data over 2g/3g then your APN setting may be wrong - see
http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...work-providers/

You edit the APN's in Setting / Wireless & Network Settings / Mobile Network settings / GSM/UMTS Options / Access Point Names /

then click the phones MENU button (hard button) then choose Add APN.

Also check your SIM is 3G

Added / Updated topic

Guest kaczortrex

Hi, i'm currently looking for my blade - I live in Poland, and the only one version of Blade is 3.2mpix TFT 65k in Play (guess it's very poor version). Do you know if orange in uk sells phones with european waranty?. Are 2.2 OLED/TFT roms suitable for AMOLED?

thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply regarding MMS Setting. :D

Seems the MMS setting are OK and my SIM are 3G enable (tested on other phone MMS is working fine)

When sending MMS it says sending ..... !

Within the Messaging setting by pressing MENU /Settings

Under MMS settings. There is no options to select the MMS APN address that previously created.

In the previous setting I can only select ONE for example i am using O2 UK (mobile.o2.co.uk) for data.

My question when sending MMS is the phone will automaticaly find the APN in the list.

Thank again.