Unlock by flashing I8000 ROM

Guest crypto4

First, tanks for help!

Second, sorry by my english. I may to practice.

I have an Omnia 2 blocked by Vivo company in Brazil. I tried to get an code, an password, but I have no sucess. I search here in this forum, in brazilian foruns and portugueses foruns and I see one or another information, but nothing solid.

Is it possible unlock it by flashing a ROM? Today I put in it two or tree .nb0 or .mst files and nothing change about the net lock. If do I put in it the CSC files?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
First, tanks for help!

Second, sorry by my english. I may to practice.

I have an Omnia 2 blocked by Vivo company in Brazil. I tried to get an code, an password, but I have no sucess. I search here in this forum, in brazilian foruns and portugueses foruns and I see one or another information, but nothing solid.

Is it possible unlock it by flashing a ROM? Today I put in it two or tree .nb0 or .mst files and nothing change about the net lock. If do I put in it the CSC files?

Thanks

You have to flash proper phone.bin part of the phone. I did it with T-OMNIA II (SCH M715), korean version with Octan software. Unless you are not experienced I do not recomend you to do it alone. You may brick your phone!

Guest CalvinH
You have to flash proper phone.bin part of the phone. I did it with T-OMNIA II (SCH M715), korean version with Octan software. Unless you are not experienced I do not recomend you to do it alone. You may brick your phone!

Hi!

I don't know if I understand what you're saying. Do you say that you removed the sim-lock by flashing a proper phone-bin?

If it is so (I thought it couldn't be done that way), could you please elaborate some on it? Which ROM versionn you had? Which one you flashed? And, maybe the most important thing, how did you knew you had to flash that specific version to remove the lock?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Edited by CalvinH

• 4 weeks later...
Guest crypto4

Thanks a lot guys,

Well, I really do not learning english yet, but I can understand you well.

Rfx64,

I know it's possible. I agree your recommendations. By the way, I set my phone by the "conventional way"! Now it is ok.

Rfx64,

You is sure! I did not was specifc because to write in english is like as childbirth! Yes, I undertand almost everything I read and listen but is so hard write or explain that I need...

I did the unblock an motorola v300 using the same theory, so I think it's possible in Omnia.

Whatever, the problem is past!

Good Luck for all.

Guest mochi01

As far as I know, there's no free solution to unlock the Omnia I8000, there are three options :

1 - Unlock by IMEI buying the codes.

2 - Unlock using a box.

3 - USB Unlock

Option 3 is offered by several services on the net, but is not available for free, the process consists of putting the phone in usb debug mode, then part of the nand memory gets dumped and the code is decrypted from there. Finally it sends the unlocking code through usb.

I guess that option 3 could be made available for free, since it can be done with the standard USB cable and using just software, but the current situation is that no free option is available.

Edited by mochi01