Opera Mobile 10 - Disable Auto-Rotation

Guest FactionOne

Guest FactionOne

Hi All,

I hope someone can help; I've done a lot of searching, and lots of reading; but I can't find a working method to disable the screen auto-rotation in Opera Mobile 10.

I've seen registry values mentioned, and disabling services on the device; but the registry values don't seem to be present anymore in Opera version 10; and I'd prefer not to disable the sensor service as auto-rotation is still useful to me for things like the photo album.

There MUST(???) be a way to disable the auto-rotation feature in Opera Mobile 10? It seems crazy that Opera didn't make it easy to configure - particularly as it even rotates the device when it's running in the background - which is what is causing my problems.

I'm very grateful for any advice,

Rob.

Guest skoda60
Hi All,

I hope someone can help; I've done a lot of searching, and lots of reading; but I can't find a working method to disable the screen auto-rotation in Opera Mobile 10.

I've seen registry values mentioned, and disabling services on the device; but the registry values don't seem to be present anymore in Opera version 10; and I'd prefer not to disable the sensor service as auto-rotation is still useful to me for things like the photo album.

There MUST(???) be a way to disable the auto-rotation feature in Opera Mobile 10? It seems crazy that Opera didn't make it easy to configure - particularly as it even rotates the device when it's running in the background - which is what is causing my problems.

I'm very grateful for any advice,

Rob.

Even hard to change back to defalult browser. I not using Opera for long long time. Try ucweb English version which was a from China but the server was in India so you can used facebook. See attached.

UCweb7.4En.cab

I'm quite sure it's not Opera itself rotating the screen. Samsung provided software to do this and it recognizes Opera.exe, whenever that runs it makes the screen rotate, and since the new Opera is still using Opera.exe it will recognize it.

So rather then looking for the solution in Opera, you should look for the Samsung software, there must be a list with process names or something where you then should remove Opera.exe.

Hopefully this helps you a bit ^^