A very heartfelt thank you to all devs

So tonight, after months and months of frustration and laggy bugs, I finally picked up a windows phone 7. I got the LG quantum through Bell (and turned down the $7/mo "insurance" lol from another thread). I researched the hell out of every smartphone OS in existence, and knew 100% going in that wp7 was the one for me. Although still it's a gamble, purely because 6.5 was such a disaster. What's that saying that W. Bush is famous for saying? Fool me can't get fooled again or something like that?

Anyways, after just a couple hours of playing with it... oh. my. goodness.

This is what a smartphone should be. It is headache free. There's no task manager to keep an eye on. There's no file browser to navigate when installing or tweaking the phone. And most importantly, there are no tweaks needed. At all. This thing has the perfect "it just works" value. My wife has an iPhone and while I can appreciate it's status, I find them boring. However, next to my wp7, it now looks old and outdated. I honestly believe microsoft hit a home run with this. A complete grand slam.

I can pull it out of my pocket, check something, throw it back in, and know that there isn't now an app open taking up battery and memory. And most importantly, I can pull it out of my pocket and know it will work seemlessly and effortlessly. I'm just... beside myself how night and day this and 6.5 is.

Anyways, gushing aside. I want to extend a massive and very heartfelt thank you to all the developers and programmers who made my 6.5 days a little more bareable. You truly lit up my day as I discovered things like the lockscreen light patch, or the auto close patch. Because of you my device went from absolutely useless, to workable. Thank you very much for all the hours I know you spend going over code, testing, flashing, installing, etc. I haven't programmed since using QBasic in the 90's, but I think that means I can relate, and understand how frustrating it can be. Just know that it is much much appreciated. Sure the internet is the new "wild west", but there are good, helpful, honest people out there. Every single dev I ever messaged got back to me right away with an answer or a suggestion. This community is fantastic, and it only saddens me that I have nothing to contribute.

See you guys around the wp7 forums. Thank you again.

Edited by Echo30

Guest skoda60
So tonight, after months and months of frustration and laggy bugs, I finally picked up a windows phone 7. I got the LG quantum through Bell (and turned down the $7/mo "insurance" lol from another thread). I researched the hell out of every smartphone OS in existence, and knew 100% going in that wp7 was the one for me. Although still it's a gamble, purely because 6.5 was such a disaster. What's that saying that W. Bush is famous for saying? Fool me can't get fooled again or something like that?

Anyways, after just a couple hours of playing with it... oh. my. goodness.

This is what a smartphone should be. It is headache free. There's no task manager to keep an eye on. There's no file browser to navigate when installing or tweaking the phone. And most importantly, there are no tweaks needed. At all. This thing has the perfect "it just works" value. My wife has an iPhone and while I can appreciate it's status, I find them boring. However, next to my wp7, it now looks old and outdated. I honestly believe microsoft hit a home run with this. A complete grand slam.

I can pull it out of my pocket, check something, throw it back in, and know that there isn't now an app open taking up battery and memory. And most importantly, I can pull it out of my pocket and know it will work seemlessly and effortlessly. I'm just... beside myself how night and day this and 6.5 is.

Anyways, gushing aside. I want to extend a massive and very heartfelt thank you to all the developers and programmers who made my 6.5 days a little more bareable. You truly lit up my day as I discovered things like the lockscreen light patch, or the auto close patch. Because of you my device went from absolutely useless, to workable. Thank you very much for all the hours I know you spend going over code, testing, flashing, installing, etc. I haven't programmed since using QBasic in the 90's, but I think that means I can relate, and understand how frustrating it can be. Just know that it is much much appreciated. Sure the internet is the new "wild west", but there are good, helpful, honest people out there. Every single dev I ever messaged got back to me right away with an answer or a suggestion. This community is fantastic, and it only saddens me that I have nothing to contribute.

See you guys around the wp7 forums. Thank you again.

Hope you can really enjoying the new wm7 phone. I doubt that wm7 can handle multiple program at the same time. If just for running a single program wm6.5 also very stable and fast. Ya modaco was a wonderful site which made my Omnia2 worked like a charm. But not wm7 or iPhone, because I not like my phone be control either by apple or MS. I am waiting for android phone until it have Garmin Navigator, else will sticked to wm6.5. I can have those useful progrm I like in my phone, so I learned cooking ROM myself.

Edited by skoda60

congrats on the pick up. yea I feel that O2 is a bit on the crappy side too. I'm ready to give up with phones.- I actaully enjoyed using the first omnia.