Does your GPS work?

Guest aerovolce

Guest cicciosprint

Works like a charm: 82 seconds for a cold boot with XTRA downloaded and in a place where GPS signal is, to put it bluntly, pathetic.

Try updating your phone chip baseband to JJ1 via Octans, as you would whilst flashing WinMo, then cycle the phone chip by starting WinMo, switching to airplane mode, waiting a few minutes and finally turning everything back on.

Right now I'm using Navigon (waiting for the new Route66 with AR) and it works perfectly. Damn, why didn't I buy an Android device?

Guest aerovolce
Works like a charm: 82 seconds for a cold boot with XTRA downloaded and in a place where GPS signal is, to put it bluntly, pathetic.

Try updating your phone chip baseband to JJ1 via Octans, as you would whilst flashing WinMo, then cycle the phone chip by starting WinMo, switching to airplane mode, waiting a few minutes and finally turning everything back on.

Right now I'm using Navigon (waiting for the new Route66 with AR) and it works perfectly. Damn, why didn't I buy an Android device?

on android i mean. i have it working on winmo

Guest sam7128

It works, I tried today by going back to WM and use extra and navigation programe to fix gps as normal. Then I run android without reset. I have to set the clock in android then turn on a navigation program in android, it fixs GPS in a few seconds. But I don't know, how to use extra in android.

Edited by sam7128

Guest aerovolce
It works, I tried today by going back to WM and use extra and navigation programe to fix gps as normal. Then I run android without reset. I have to set the clock in android then turn on a navigation program in android, it fixs GPS in a few seconds. But I don't know, how to use extra in android.

ok, i'll try running gps under winmo first, report back when I can

gps didn't work for me a long time, today, suddenly, i got a quick fix after less than a minute. and a didn't have a fix under winmo. funny :( didn't do something special.

Guest cicciosprint

The GPS chip is, if I recall correctly, integrated in the phone chip, and unless it has some sort of inner RAM WinMo shouldn't affect it. I tried getting a fix with a cold-booted, uninitialized GPS setup and Android fixed in five minutes under less than ideal coverate. WinMo did in ten and after two reinitialisations.

Enough said.