CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest skymera
I agree with Ralph

well if the previous thread gets deleted at the end of 7 days then we wont have that issue, with this thread I'm having to find the page that relates to the new nightly build

Deleted? Not everyone will update every night will they..

Keeping the first post updated with fixes/breakages/bugs will help everyone.

Guest hecatae
Deleted? Not everyone will update every night will they..

Keeping the first post updated with fixes/breakages/bugs will help everyone.

well yes the first post would have to be updated, but all the junk posts made afterwards can be deleted

I have discussed with a mod, and I'm going to be making a call on when the thread overflows. I think keeping some history in posts is a good idea. And a rolling issue tracker on the first post always helps. Remember, I'm trying to make this first post based. So... the information should be in the first post :D

Guest Meizirkki

What's the 0 using so much network?

Dialer was also surprise.. I have made zero calls. Does it count every mast handover in the dialer network usage?

post-798974-1298225227_thumb.png

Edited by Meizirkki

Guest Pelemane
What's the 0 using so much network?

Dialer was also surprise.. I have made zero calls. Does it count every mast handover in the dialer network usage?

I had that "0" on JJ but now I dont have it :D

I really dont know what it is but look here.

Bad idea. Let's have a new thread for each nightly, otherwise this is going to get very confusing. Especially for anyone who has to read from the start - some will be blathering about stuff which is fixed anyway in a later nightly.

I actually agree with this idea but with 2 assumptioons:

1: the 1st post in each days new thread is identical to the previous days BUT includes the changes made by the nightly and is kept updated with issues found

2: once the new nightly post is made press the report button in the previous nightly thread and ask for it to be closed, that way any mod can close it, and the thread will soon drop out of sight. - it can also be hidden so it can't be seen if needed

Just my thoughts on it.

Guest DonJamal

who would be so kindly to add the glow effect (that illuminates and then fades out when the top/bottom has been reached) for a stock launcher2.apk?

if its possible :D

I actually agree with this idea but with 2 assumptioons:

1: the 1st post in each days new thread is identical to the previous days BUT includes the changes made by the nightly and is kept updated with issues found

2: once the new nightly post is made press the report button in the previous nightly thread and ask for it to be closed, that way any mod can close it, and the thread will soon drop out of sight. - it can also be hidden so it can't be seen if needed

Just my thoughts on it.

I guess, in the face of overwhelming support for that idea, I'll be doing that tomorrow. I didn't mind it that way, it just seems a bit of a waste. But lets give it a go. And if it fails, we can just keep going with whatever thread it fails on.

As it looks like there has been no updates to the source today, it looks like the nightly will be mostly similar to what it is today, so I will elave this thread up for Nightly 3, and probably start a new one when it has new features.

Lets keep this thread please!?! It's so easy to follow when bookmarked...

I want to, other people want a new one for every nightly. I feel there won't be enough changes, and if everyone read the first post, things can be found out

Guest mobile579

Perhaps a compromise of a new thread if something significant has been fixed or added otherwise new nightly builds are added to existing thread?

Also once an new thread is added lock the old thread and change subject to [OLD DO NOT USE] or similar to stop people searching using an out of date version?

Perhaps a compromise of a new thread if something significant has been fixed or added otherwise new nightly builds are added to existing thread?

Also once an new thread is added lock the old thread and change subject to [OLD DO NOT USE] or similar to stop people searching using an out of date version?

yes, that seems like the best idea. I've agreed that I can get the topic locked whenever I please. So yes, keep it going along blandly until something mesmerizing awesome happens.

Guest 90180360
yes, that seems like the best idea. I've agreed that I can get the topic locked whenever I please. So yes, keep it going along blandly until something mesmerizing awesome happens.

Definitely the best solution. Thanks for maintaining this topic.

Guest Ashenfall

I agree with having new threads only when something significant changes, or the thread has reached a certain amount of posts.

A new thread for each nightly build when probably most nightlies are going to be of little or no significance would be rather pointless.

EDIT: looks like that's been agreed etc, so no need for more on this I guess :D

Edited by Ashenfall

Guest richardkemp

Nightly discussion at the CM forums is always kept to just one massive thread. It works for them and they've been doing it for a while: I suggest we learn from their example. Multiple threads will get stupid so fast, imagine trying to search through all the threads for your problem, much easier if it's just one thread. If people want to follow it and read all the posts, they can use the little red 'go to first unread' button, and if that's too much then they can just read first post. Where's the problem?

On topic, I find that if I add the 'Toggle Lockscreen' control to the notification power widget and disable the lockscreen, then that setting is not remembered after a reboot. Can someone confirm this? I searched the CM issue tracker and found what is probably the same bug present in CM6.1 but with no progress made. I starred and commented. Is it worth resubmitting or is that bad form?

Edited by richardkemp

Guest carlosac

Hello, are you planning to add 50% AHB OC like on JJ9 ? Or is it already here ?

I couldnt find anything about it in search so if it is here already or it is some bad question, sorry

PS:sry for my bad English :D

I couldnt find anything about it in search so if it is here already or it is some bad question, sorry

I second that question. In fact, I've logged on to ask it :D

Guest skymera

nightly 2 running well, really well.

App drawer is smooth with overclocking, though LauncherPro itself doesn't seem as fast as on 2.2.

Flashed the volume fix and all is working good.

Just changed the default IO Scheduler to NOOP and going to see if it's any more responsive / quicker than CFQ

I second that question. In fact, I've logged on to ask it :D

Sorry guys, I don't make this ROM, you'll want to head over to CyanogenMod and follow up the the correct routes to get that included.

nightly 2 running well, really well.

App drawer is smooth with overclocking, though LauncherPro itself doesn't seem as fast as on 2.2.

Flashed the volume fix and all is working good.

Just changed the default IO Scheduler to NOOP and going to see if it's any more responsive / quicker than CFQ

Indeed, I feel thata Nightly 2 is much much smoother. Even though the apparently hasn't be any fixes to make it so, unless the new kernel does that.

Edited by Victor von Zeppelin

Guest shadowninty

i doubt it, wouldnt it have to be applied across every device?

someone could make an unofficial kernel tho, could they?