CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest lordjubblydave
Have you moved your launcher to your SD-card?

No. Its weird, I might just delete the other launchers anyway. Just leaving stock and adw ex.

EDIT

I just deleted the other launchers and cleared data in the stock launcher, set adw ex as default, rebooted and everything seems hunky dory

Edited by lordjubblydave

Guest lordofangels
Oh Dear Bot God, please spew out nightly 5 for I woke up early somehow, only to notice Thou hast not done Thine magic yet! :huh:

think it's finished spewing for today, try tomorrow

Guest doubleluckstur
Is USB tethering working with nightlies? I'm about to open a bug, but if it's already fixed, I guess it ain't necessary...

For starters... no nightlies on the bug reports :huh:

Guest mvheuver
think it's finished spewing for today, try tomorrow

Oh man, I knew it all along, there is no God! Opium of the masses, sigh of the oppressed creature, etc. :huh:

Seriously, why no nightly 5 on the Blade today?

Guest lordofangels
Oh man, I knew it all along, there is no God! Opium of the masses, sigh of the oppressed creature, etc. :huh:

Seriously, why no nightly 5 on the Blade today?

no idea Bro, someone in the know will prob update us as too why later, shame like, roll on tomorrow

Guest mvheuver
Just install nightly 4 with kernel fix addon! It does the same as nightly 5 as we can see from issue tracker that no new problems have been solved.

Yeah, I know, but can't be bothered (and probably wouldn't know how to, unless it's just another flash like the first one, the same way you apply themes on Froyo ROMs?). No big deal, I'm in no rush, let's check again tomorrow.

Guest doubleluckstur
Anyone even managed to get nightly 4 available through rom manager?

Yep, for me I can now. Rom manager displays there is an update for my rom (Im on nightly 3)

Guest marcodassi

Hello

n00b question: how can I install the RC2 boot.img, since there's no SPL for the Blade?

Should I download nightly 4, apply the boot.img to the .zip file (how????), repack and install?

A mini.guide would be helpful! Or, a link with some instruction...

Please help :huh: Thanks a lot

- marco

EDIT: well, I've re-downloaded cm_blade_full-4.zip (the one that's currently installed on my blade) AND the boot.img from post #595, doing a binary comp between the 2 boot.img files shows NO DIFFERENCE.... wtf??? kernel is the same??

@Frankish: where did you get the RC2 boot.img, please?

Edited by marcodassi

Guest doubleluckstur
thanks darryd

but... boot.img is the same file of nightly 4... where's the update so?

The updated kernel would of been applied to nightly 5, but the buildbot hasn't built nightly 5 for the blade for unknown reasons. The updated kernel for the RC and the nightlies can be found a few pages back...

Guest SWOriginal
Yep, for me I can now. Rom manager displays there is an update for my rom (Im on nightly 3)

Ahh had to connect to wifi for the list to be updated, but then conected to 3g to download.

Guest Rotmann
I'm pretty sure this has not been mentioned.

My wifi force closes. I cannot connect at all on nightly 4.

Also on every reboot I have to reselect my launcher.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing these issues?

Also the battery life is shocking. I am fully charged now. I am going to work where my phone will be on my locker. I will report my battery drain later

Nobody reported this, try to restart, if it does not work rewipe an reflash. Do not restore system apps.

Guest Frankish

The new boot.img is on page 24 (i think). Download nightly 4. Download new boot.img. Open the nightly 4 zip and directly replace the boot.img with new one. Flash as normal. It works great for me.

Guest targetbsp

Went to bed with phone on 20%. Woke up this morning on 20%! As I said previously from a 100% it drops into the 80's. I wonder if there's any mileage in the battery recalibration thing?

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Got to say I don't find the battery drain too bad at all.

Went to work at 8 this morning, 100% charged.

Rebooted phone (dropped to 95% ) which seems to happen on all roms I have tried (go figure)....

In the next 3 hours I've just dropped 1%.

Granted I don't have 3G or wi-fi enabled or actually done anything with it at all but I still don't think 1% in 3 hours is excessive :huh:

The new boot.img is on page 24 (i think). Download nightly 4. Download new boot.img. Open the nightly 4 zip and directly replace the boot.img with new one. Flash as normal. It works great for me.

It's at the 1st post as well!

Guest marcodassi

It's at the 1st post as well!

Well, I've re-downloaded the nightly 4 and the new boot.img. Binary compared the 2 boot.img --> they're exactly THE SAME!

So, i dunno why Frankish's blade is now working.....