CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Anyone else experiensing problems with headsets and bluetooth headsets (mw600) ? When I connect any of the devices I just get sound from the phone, eg music playing from it, not from the headsets.

I had issues with my Nokia BT headset initially, connected ok, but then disconnected

for no reason, replaced it with a Samsung BT headset and no issues since.

Guest Sele2010

Running quite nicely now using nightly 4 but the lock screen animation has stopped working for some reason. Maybe to do with having had Proximity screen off installed. Have rebooted and still no animation. Haven't tried a wipe yet.

All I need now is FM radio, battery improvement and I'll be a happy bunny.

Guest NonameXx
First Impressions:
  • Still Laggy :S
  • It's Gingerbread!
  • I love the lock animation :huh:
  • Still has a few bugs
  • Bad battery

Moving back to FLB Froyo for a bit.

1 Use ADW Ex with 710 OC

2 Yea true , true

3 Me too

4 Lolwut?

5 You should use the charger.

Guest doubleluckstur
Running quite nicely now using nightly 4 but the lock screen animation has stopped working for some reason. Maybe to do with having had Proximity screen off installed. Have rebooted and still no animation. Haven't tried a wipe yet.

Go in cyanogenmod display options. There should be a tick box for screen on / off animation. Everyone keeps saying how they love the screen off animation... I love the screen on animation! :huh:

Guest Ghazkul

Bluetooth and headset problem solved, somehow I think the FM app fubared the audio. All I needed to do was a reboot and now I get sound out of both my headset and BT Headset..

Guest Sele2010
Go in cyanogenmod display options. There should be a tick box for screen on / off animation. Everyone keeps saying how they love the screen off animation... I love the screen on animation! :huh:

Yep, tried that already but no help unfortunately. I probably need to wipe data but will leave it until I'm flashing a new nightly, not a deal breaker really.

Guest doubleluckstur
Yep, tried that already but no help unfortunately. I probably need to wipe data but will leave it until I'm flashing a new nightly, not a deal breaker really.

Ahh sorry, I think I wipe is necessary too.

Guest Totyasrác

One new issue: Sygic MobileMaps10 force closes, can't make it work...

Also even though GPS is on there's nothing about it on the notification bar (can't go outside to test the functionality though).

Guest pinglis

only one little niggle for me so far bluetooth doesnt auto connect to my cars handsfree which it has done on all the other roms i've tried

using nightly3 with kernal update as posted further back

Guest Rotmann

Did you set animation speed to fast in Spare Parts? Set it to normal and the power on off animation will work.

One new issue: Sygic MobileMaps10 force closes, can't make it work...

Also even though GPS is on there's nothing about it on the notification bar (can't go outside to test the functionality though).

Is it on the Sd card? Move it to the phone.

@Victor, you should add the on off animation and the crashing sd apps and games tips to the guide. You should also add that the new nightly 4 is what nightly 5 should have been, it has all the updates nightly 5 should have had.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest doubleluckstur
...Also even though GPS is on there's nothing about it on the notification bar (can't go outside to test the functionality though).

What do you mean?

Guest swordtail

Issue 2916: Headset button not pausing music etc

Still does not work using the Nokia adaptor that worked on 2.2 anybody else tried it and have had success?

Guest Totyasrác
Is it on the Sd card? Move it to the phone.

Nope, it doesn't seem to be on SD (under manage apps it's not listed amongst "apps on SD" and if I select it I could move it to the SD so should be on device I guess). It's something else.

Guest Autopiolet

Regarding the screen on /off animation issue you're having:

Did you set Window animations to fast in the spare parts? If so, set it back to normal. It might solve your problem.

Transition animations can stay on fast.

Guest shadowninty

spare parts, dont have animations at fast!

Guest targetbsp
1 Use ADW Ex with 710 OC

2 Yea true , true

3 Me too

4 Lolwut?

5 You should use the charger.

4. How about the 27 listed on the bug tracker

5. The battery life being one of those 27 :huh:

Guest Totyasrác

Sorta good news: just had a 26 minutes converstaion, after that phone looked dead - had to wait ~8seconds and screen came back on. So kinda fixed :huh:

(Using Nightly4 - 'updated' version downloaded today, md5 written some posts ago)

Edited by Totyasrác

Guest Rotmann
One question is it possible to place the boot image from nigthly 4 in nigthly 2 since is working fine don't wanna wipe? .......

You could just flash the latest nightly onto the nightly 2. Backup first, just in case.

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
@Victor, you should add the on off animation and the crashing sd apps and games tips to the guide. You should also add that the new nightly 4 is what nightly 5 should have been, it has all the updates nightly 5 should have had.

On/Off animation is a problem for one person it seems...and I haven't been following. Was the the version of nightly 4 upgraded to have the kernel it was so supposed to come with in? If so, cool cool cool. And yes, apps on SD is a big issue, I'll put it up there.