CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest Konstantinos Karantias
Nightly 6 - lovely!

Just had a 5 minute call - back to life with no screen worries following

Very slick scrolling on gingerbread launcher (don't like ADW)

Yay CM7 and all the little wizards wot dun it! :huh:

How can I revert to the stock GB launcher?

Guest alex1alex2alex3alex4
Charging: for some reason with the factory wall charger it's saying "Charging: USB" instead of "Charging: AC". Why is it so?

(Been charging it for over 2.5 hours and still it's only at about 85% so I guess it's only charging with 500mA like from the USB port not like AC charging...)

Anyone else?

Not exactly, but facing issues with the wall charger as well, it heats up (itself and the battery) quite a lot,

then shuts down the phone when fully charged (or earlier, I didn't mind it while charging, tbh, so who knows),

to wake it up again (cos' when it's dead idunno if it's already fully charged) I first had to unplug the charger.

Something's awfully wrong with the whole battery & power manegement area in CM7 :-(

Guest Rotmann
USB Tethering was not fixed between RC1 and N6 - still no RNDIS interface showing up.

There is a Wildfire related issue here: Wildfire USB Tethering issue, I've compared a logcat that I've created with the one posted and they are almost identical. Should I create new issue or comment on this one?

Yes please. With logcats.

@Peeps who don't have an internet package or don't want that the phone goes on-line, install apn backup and restore.

is compcache enabled by default? would disabling it help battery life?

i have disabled and nothing changes with battery life...

btw.i dont see sens to use compcache when i have 150-200mb free memory...

Edited by darryd

Guest JimJam707

I just bought RomManager Pro or whatever the paid one is called. I'll download the next nightly tommrow or whatever time they're built.

Actually, what time are they built?

Guest bartasrex
1092 xD

1181 :huh: oc to 806MHz, seems like my blade would be able to get more, no fc or restarts, is there a possibility to get kernel with higher range of oc?

Guest Pelemane
The custom screen on/off animations that appeared on the RC1 aren't appearing on Nightly 6, even if I enable them. Is this normal?

That happens if you put animations to fast in Spare Parts.

Guest doubleluckstur
1181 :huh: oc to 806MHz, seems like my blade would be able to get more, no fc or restarts, is there a possibility to get kernel with higher range of oc?

how'd you get it that high?! mine just freezes at like 750mhz

Guest Bazd123

Just installed it and it runs like a dream. No issues so far bar the annoying carrier showing up as Telefonica O2 but that doesn't bother me as it's only on the lock screen.

EDIT:

Actually one issue was that Gmail would not install from the Market Place as it said it was not compatible with the Blade. Got the APK from Flib's latest Froyo rom (r9b) and installed it manually and it works fine.

Edited by Bazd123

Guest AppleBelly

I tried installing Nightly 6, then installed google apps from the link in the first post. Then i book for the first time, log in, then it asks me to select which google applictions to install. However it errors when I try to install Gmail.

Anyone else had this problem? Or know a fix?

Guest doubleluckstur
I tried installing Nightly 6, then installed google apps from the link in the first post. Then i book for the first time, log in, then it asks me to select which google applictions to install. However it errors when I try to install Gmail.

hmm.... I installed it ok this morning.... perhaps its a market issue?

Guest Trademark-NRW

Had this problem before. Download the Gmail apk from internet. The name is: com.google.android.gm-2.apk.

If anybody wants i can upload it on a free hoster.

Guest Rotmann
The custom screen on/off animations that appeared on the RC1 aren't appearing on Nightly 6, even if I enable them. Is this normal?

Did you set spare parts window animations to fast? Set it to normal.

@Peepz with problems with gmail, there is a new version now with copy/paste by holding finger pressed. Gmail is not available in Germany due to copyright problems with the gmail company (www.gmail.de). That's why we always have to get the apk for new versions. Don't know if it works on the blade, will test in 30 mins, you can get it from here.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest Bazd123

I had the same problem with Gmail not working, see my last post. I skipped it and installed it later.

Here is the Gmail APK I used from flibblesan's latest Froyo rom, r9b.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ud520049be4hxff

Edited by Bazd123

Guest bartasrex
how'd you get it that high?! mine just freezes at like 750mhz

since my first custom rom was jj with oc kernel i just tried the maximum possible freq and my blade seemd to work propertly, mayby a few reboots over a month of usage, but with this built n4 i havent noticed any reboots or any ohter bugs that isnt mentioned in this thread. probably I've had a huge luck buying this particular blade. when seeking other threads about oc havent noticed often more than 700mhz. as for nightly builds, for me everything works fine, proximity sensor somtimes leave the screen black, but when I put the phone to ma ear again, the screen is turning on.

Guest gitly-git

I tried installing nightly 6 and will not install.

On phone using clockwork v3.0.0.5

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product device" )=="blade" || getprop "ro.build.product" )== "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade"

E:Error in /sdcard?cm_blade_full-6.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Any ideas, (probably something straightforward) MDSum is correcet

Guest Arr Too

Yeah, seems there's something up with Gmail because it's just been updated (according to my Blade, anyway). I couldn't navigate to it via the Market app Update screen ("not found"), but a long press and then select "Update" and it did the deed.

Edited by Arr Too

Guest Bazd123
I tried installing nightly 6 and will not install.

On phone using clockwork v3.0.0.5

assert failed: getprop ("ro.product device" )=="blade" || getprop "ro.build.product" )== "blade" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "blade"

E:Error in /sdcard?cm_blade_full-6.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

Any ideas, (probably something straightforward) MDSum is correcet

Says on first page "makes sure you have the latest version of Clockwork installed, which, to be safe is 3.0.0.6"

Download the update zip and install, then install CM7 again.

Clockwork update.