CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Guest t0mm13b
Following those threads it appears that after aplying that command the compass gets broken. Is it not true?

I haven't tried it to be honest... I'd rather have a better battery life than a broken compass (I don't need GPS....) but yeah you can undo the changes by reversing the procedure and reboot, see the earlier linkys I enclosed on the previous posting #1383 above.

The only thing is this, why such a large number and yet in one of the linkys to the original discussion about akmd, 250 was used as a delay factor....theoretically, its possible to find the right balance between the two, functioning compass and a better battery life.... ??? :huh:

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest jt_mcg
I think no nightlies are being built because a 2.3.3 merge is pending...

I built from source this morning because I hadn't upgraded from nightly 6 yet and it shows 2.3.3 in "About Phone" now so I'd presume you're correct.

Guest tttonyyy

According to his twitter feed "Still a few rough edges after the 2.3.3 merge to work out tomorrow." so perhaps that's why no nightly has been generated.

Guest Ron=)
According to his twitter feed "Still a few rough edges after the 2.3.3 merge to work out tomorrow." so perhaps that's why no nightly has been generated.

Makes sense.. theres no nightly 9 for any official cyanogen phone.

Guest vampywiz17

A question:

the LG Optimus GT540 kernel is support hardware xvid playback. The LG chip is: Qualcomm MSM 7227 with Internal Adreno 200 GPU.

The blade is: Qualcomm MSM 7227 with Internal Adreno 200 GPU (same).

Solvable to insert the "xvid support" the CM7 kernel (like OC, and RDS)?

Edited by vampywiz17

Guest ufoman
A question:

the LG Optimus GT540 kernel is support hardware xvid playback. The LG chip is: Qualcomm MSM 7227 with Internal Adreno 200 GPU.

I doubt it has to do much with the kernel... I'd guess they might have written DivX/XviD library that uses the GPU's shader capabilities to aid in decoding...

Guest ufoman
Are these akmd fixes really working then? I don't see the process in watchdog?

Use the following command in adb shell:

top | grep akmd2

You'll see that after applying the fix akmd2's cpu usage drops to 0 when screen turns off.

Guest Frankish
Use the following command in adb shell:

top | grep akmd2

You'll see that after applying the fix akmd2's cpu usage drops to 0 when screen turns off.

Ok that's great by me. I'll reflash this after iv finished updating my themes for flb.

Guest vampywiz17
I doubt it has to do much with the kernel... I'd guess they might have written DivX/XviD library that uses the GPU's shader capabilities to aid in decoding...

And this is realizable in blade?

I was read something similar, with coreplayer 2.0 for android.

Guest ufoman
And this is realizable in blade?

I was read something similar, with coreplayer 2.0 for android.

Might be, but it'd require writing stuff from scratch, since LG's codecs and libraries are most likely proprietary...

Also, keep in mind that the "hardware" support might mean only the inclusion of the codecs in their ROM and have nothing to do with calculations offloaded from the processor.

Guest LordKickapoo

Hi!

One minor issues with this rom Nightly 8. calling volume is way too loud even in minimum level, can i do anything for that??

Guest Swimmerboy
Hi!

One minor issues with this rom Nightly 8. calling volume is way too loud even in minimum level, can i do anything for that??

Hold the phone further away from your ear :huh:

Guest fonix232
A question:

You will need to grab the proper lib*.so files from /system/lib/, and PVC configs too. But as I heard, they haven't managed yet to get it running on 2.2 or 2.3!

Guest Rotmann
This issue seems to be quite common. I tried this fix on N8:

adb shell

chown compass:compass /data/misc/akmd_set.txt

echo "2147483647" > /data/delay

chown compass:compass /data/delay

Now reboot the phone.

and it certainly makes akmd2 go to sleep when the phone is asleep.

Accelerometer responce seems normal when phone is awake.

akmd2 resumes its constant 7% CPU usage with phone awake.

Found another solution for akmd2 usage here. Compass still working in Google Maps.

Great find if it works :huh: Can this be done by terminal emulator or root explorer? No PC with installable ADB for a few days. Could anyone confirm the better battery life? Is it the same as FroYo with this workaround?

Guest t0mm13b
Great find if it works :) Can this be done by terminal emulator or root explorer? No PC with installable ADB for a few days. Could anyone confirm the better battery life? Is it the same as FroYo with this workaround?

I can confirm this works... Battery on standby is much better and not as draining... :P Might need to confirm the 250 being used as a delay value as reported on drakaz[dot]com's blog instead of the rather large number as mentioned by Thrashman? :huh:

Guest Lord Kurisu

I did the commands in terminal emulator on the device and it has had the desired effect as far as akmd2 and its cpu usage :huh:

Guest admanirv
I did the commands in terminal emulator on the device and it has had the desired effect as far as akmd2 and its cpu usage :huh:

Hi, how? I get access denied?

Cheers

Guest t0mm13b
Tried that (superuser popped up as expected), and then typed adb shell.

adb: not found.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ahhhh,

Plug in the cable to the handset and PC

then using the adb command use

1. adb shell
  2. su
  3. enter the commands as previously posted.
  4. Ctrl+D to exit the adb shell

Then reboot your handset by long-pressing power button and select reboot.