CM7 Nightly Discussion Thread [Old, please use new thread]

Guest Victor von Zeppelin

Does anyone know if usb teethering is working in n11 ?

I looked on github and there nothing about blade since 22/02/11

USB teethering is the deal bracker for me since my blade is also my modem for the pc

USB teethering is the deal breaker for me since my blade is also my modem for the pc

edit: sorry about that double post

I have asked this before but got no answer,how do i delete a post ?

Edited by Guest

Guest reluctant_traveller

Should the build.prop file show:

ro.modversion=CyanogenMod-7-03012011-NIGHTLY-Blade

EDIT: Blah, my error, american vs british dating system

Edited by reluctant_traveller

Guest jesuita
any way to remove the shutter sound on the camera?

to remove camera sound i used root explorer,mount as r/w,then go to

system/media/audio/ui

And you will see camera_click.ogg

delete

done :)

Very clever lol

Guest marcodassi

Hello folks

regarding the "blank screen after call" issue... I've used a bluetooth headset since I got my Blade, and have encountered no problems at all. So this may be a (temporary) solution...

BTW, got the headset "out of fuel" one time... get a incoming call... and yes, the screen blanked (recovered by removing the battery...) :huh:

cheers

marco

Guest ufoman

USB teethering is the deal bracker for me since my blade is also my modem for the pc

I've tried, it doesn't work.

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I'm not asking you to post anything. You're the one who feels you have an issue. If you want to spend time documenting it, go ahead. Just because I'm not interested in spending time doing that doesn't mean you can't do it yourself if you feel there's some value to be added to a discussion and you seek feedback from others - That's what I meant when I said "I'd even encourage you to do so." That doesn't actually mean I'm asking you to post anything! Also, when I say the discussion is "at an end", I merely meant the discussion between myself and you. And it is - this is my last response to you on this matter :huh:

Apparently you failed to notice. The moderator already called himself in about two posts below the one where you accused me of being a "liar", and before I made those remarks (post #1387 on this thread).

I don't mind if you continue to discuss your 2D performance problems with others and I maintain I don't notice 2D issues personally. If I've realized there's an "issue" somewhere, it's well beyond the phone. But I wish you the best of luck in fixing your 2D problem. :)

Okay, Enjoy your poor 2D performance. I guess it can be fun to ignore issues so you can convince yourself your current software is perfect. I guess it worked for Microsoft in Windows Mobile 6.5... OH WAIT.

Guest css771

Not to hijack the thread or create paranoia or anything, But did you guys hear about the exploits in the Android market? they've been downloaded over 50,000 times. Opening backdoors and stealing info. The list of offending apps is at both the links. If you downloaded any of the apps there, you may want to wipe and reinstall.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/03/01/th...-open-backdoor/

http://blog.mylookout.com/2011/03/security...ket-droiddream/

Edited by css771

Guest Zythus

Just flashed N11, and for 4 minutes already I have the blue android screen with "Cyanogenmod 7"

Hope it will work :huh:

After it I should go in recovery, install gapps.zip, and then restore by CWM too? Cause I did backup

Not to hijack the thread or create paranoia or anything, But did you guys hear about the exploits in the Android market? they've been downloaded over 50,000 times. Opening backdoors and stealing info. The list of offending apps is at both the links. If you downloaded any of the apps there, you may want to wipe and reinstall.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/03/01/th...-open-backdoor/

http://blog.mylookout.com/2011/03/security...ket-droiddream/

Thanks man

downloading lookout security right now

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

Ironically and totally unrelated, a made a roundup of 10 or so Android virus killers yesterday for another forum! It's only brief - a few sentences about each one - mostly on the ui and what parts of the phone it appears to scan. I can't judge their effectiveness as a virus killer because I only had the test virus. :huh: I'll post it up later in a new thread.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Rotmann
So, when I've time to play (and wireless access) I'm gonna do a clean reinstall and download all my apps again from the market, see if the problem comes back and if not I'll wipe my last titanium backup and backup at that point

You don't need to do that, just enable in settings-privacy the backup thingy, after you reinstall a ROM and the gapps, it will automatically download your apps to the phone

I'm using so many programs, thats my problem. :P And no, I don't want repartition my SD card again, I played with it enough on my Pulse. Thanx, no.

It's a showstopper bug FOR ME, hope it'll fixed soon.

It may have been hard on the pulse but on the blade it's an one minute thing.

3g problem is fixed in nightly 11 but contacts won't sync with the google account :D does anyone else have this bug?? overall wifi performance is low compared to flb...

Is contact sync enabled?

just to add, my Titanium Backup has backed up from my Ext2 partition as well...How can reinstall all my apps back on the sd card including Ext2 partition...I installed S2E but it doesnt see my Ext2 partition...!

Ive installed S2E, my question should i let Dalvik cache and all others install to Ext2 or just Applications? I dont know what was put on Ext2 in previous versions...

Dude, seriously, you are incapable to read, I have answered 3 times to you, it is also written in the second post and in the s2e description that it handles EXT3!!! :huh: WTF do you ask things if you don't read the answers? :)

I went from N6 to N11 without wiping. Had to remove and add some widgets again (they were stuck loading, as if there was no data connection) but other than that it seems to work fine.

Frankish's circle battery mod doesn't seem to work for me any more though.

Sure it does not work, it's for FroYos. You can enable battery % in the CM settings or install a CM7 specific theme, look in the themes topic.

@Peepz who use s2e, I updated from N8 to N11 through ROM manager, did not select to wipe, it downloaded and installed fine. After the reboot though all the apps that were installed on the ext partition (on the phone actually) disappeared, gapps were also gone. Only the apps that were installed on the SD (FAT32 partition) survived. I tried to flash the gapps again, no positive result. I installed an apk for the market, rebooted, installed s2e, rebooted again and all my apps were there again. Is this a normal behavior or was I just unlucky? Then had a few random reboots and it boot loops now, I think I was just unlucky or something went wrong when downloading through ROM manager. Does it check if the MD5 of the ROM corresponds? Anyway wiped and clean installed, let's see the advantages of this nightly.

@Matthew Ferguson and Scoopading, you polluted this topic with your contradictory discussions, just writing the same thing again and again and again. Some users have better experience than another users, some blades are better than another blades, some software behaves better on some pieces of hardware, although it is supposed to be the same, it's normal, all hardware products, nut just the blade, differ from each other. Stop it and continue the flaming on private messages, I am sure I am not the only one who got sick reading your nonsense.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest css771
Thanks man

downloading lookout security right now

I'm still not sure if Android security apps are all that effective. I don't have anything on my phone. But gotta be extra careful downloading stuff from the Market.

Guest Zythus

After waiting 15 minutes it still shows a blue android on skateboard, and the arrow stops at 8 o'clock.. and then android come back etc.

Seems its wrong :huh:

Guest requies
After waiting 15 minutes it still shows a blue android on skateboard, and the arrow stops at 8 o'clock.. and then android come back etc.

Seems its wrong :huh:

Try to clear cache and dalvik cache, if that fails you will have to do a wipe data

Guest Rotmann

Seems its wrong :)

Something went wrong, I've had this too. Reflash N11 wiping and formating system, backup your apps from the market or using titanium. ClockWork backs up your entire ROM, if you flash it you'll be back to N8.

Regarding the virus stuff, this is the result of the stupid non-caring google policy. If they don't change something soon android will be the most unsecure mobile OS. I mean why the heck do they get 30% from an app's price if they don't even care to look if it will fook up your personal data or your phone. :huh:

Edited by Rotmann

Guest IronDoc
I don't think you saw the hidden text in my post when you quoted me :huh:

I don't think anyone would have. Who the hell highlights each post to check lol?

Guest ThrashMan
Sure it does not work, it's for FroYos. You can enable battery % in the CM settings or install a CM7 specific theme, look in the themes topic.

Actually, Frankish has a thread of battery mods for CM7

Guest ThrashMan
Regarding the virus stuff, this is the result of the stupid non-caring google policy. If they don't change something soon android will be the most unsecure mobile OS. I mean why the heck do they get 30% from an app's price if they don't even care to look if it will fook up your personal data or your phone. :huh:

Totally agree....Google clearly let any old crap into the Market and it's going to do Android no good.

Guest defcrash
Yep. I can confirm that too (not that I thought it'd do much!)

I still lose around 2% battery per hour (just ordinary sleep, not airplane mode) whilst the phone sleeps, which was the same amount as before.

Alright the akmd delay thing doesn't work. I used the large number. Battery Lost 22% overnight.

Yesterday i did the

su

echo 250 > /data/delay

and rebboted after, today as been 4h since i unplugged it and i lost 0% so far with 3 sent text messages and 4 received, haven't done anything else, 3G is off, will enable it in a couple of hours to test the drain on stand by.

Haven't updated to N11, will keep testing the battery drain on standby today, before i did that "250" thing i also had a 2%-3% drain per hour! Really don't know why it got better for me! :huh:

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
@Victor von Zeppelin, could you please leave at the batter fix only

echo "2147483647" > /data/delay

because the 250 and the two "chown compass" lines do not bring anything. Thanks for the hard work, I bet if you wouldn't have written the first two posts, we would have 150 pages untill now :huh:

It looks like the general consensus is they both reduce akmd2 usage, but neither solve battery life woes. And thanks for the thanks, it's tough work, and I have no idea if i'm really doing it right, if anyone reads anything. But cokpared to the old CM7 thread, this is chugging along nicely.

Also, i'm not gonna spend very long updating this today, it's my birthday :) and I really can't be bothered. I hope Nightly 11 works out alright for you guys.

But then again, if nothing comes and enthralls me for the next few hours, i'll have nothing to do but stay around here :P

Guest kroyin

I have been following a simple but crude workaround for the 'blank screen' issue.

The trick here is to hang up before the other party does so. By that

--Hangup before the other person hangs up in a conversation

---Hang up before automated hang-ups happens (voice mail, no answer ..)

To do so in the settings check the 'Hangup using Power Button' and disconnect while the phone is still held to your ear.

On a different note what i have gathered -- 'Irrespective of EXT3 & S2EXT', any app that comes with its own libs will not work if moved to SDCARD.

Am i right on this ???

Guest thomas01155

Just installed nightly 11 it is lovely :huh: this is the first CM ROM I have installed so I can only judge battery life against JJ ROMS.